Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Here is my Alabama take: they are worse than their record and achieved the season they did through a combination of most of the sec being trash and being propelled by sheer arrogance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Alabama would have gotten blown out in the playoffs by more than they got blown out by last year and this is honestly a blessing in disguise

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Gus has got the anti-Saban juice recipe perfected.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I’ve posted about it in here before, but my contribution here is that my friend had a class with John Parker Wilson my freshman year, and he would walk into the room and say "John Parker Wilson. Quarterback" when he got to class. If you ever listen to the homer broadcast for Bama games he does color, and it should not surprise you to know that he sounds exactly like Kenny Powers

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Emron once again easily beats a toxx

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Also there is no scenario under which Alabama will fire nick Saban. That's idiocy. Guys with kids named "bear" calling finebaum don't run the athletics program. The school isn't going to fire the greatest football coach in modern history and arguably ever because he lost two games and a bowl game.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

This is where we are now. Not after an actual bad season.

Which for the record I don't ever expect him to have.

Again, you can find commenters on the internet saying whatever you want, but the school is not going to fire him for losing two games and possibly a bowl game. Reading Meltdown Monday or whatever isn't an accurate representation of the actual fan base or the school's decision making. It's pure fantasy to think otherwise.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

colachute posted:

Lotta Saban apologist itt

I just like imagining him getting fired for three losses. I don’t think it’ll actually happen and I think anyone who responds seriously with “he ain’t getting fired!!!” in this thread are taking it too seriously.

My whole deal is taking things too seriously, though.

I also am a big time acolyte of the church of saban. I genuinely think he's the best coach of all time, straight up.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Randaconda posted:

I'd like to hear who is better.

Ed Orgeron, obviously, but beyond that I dunno.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I love coach O and want nothing but the best for him. I hope he wins the natty (it's going to be OSU but a man can dream)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Pete Carroll looks like if Jeffrey Epstein were a Gruden

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Honestly it would loving rule to see Bama in like the meineke car care bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

It's frankly really weird knowing bama fans because they honestly expect to win every single game they play and it takes a ton of flukes for them to ever lose (absent that Clemson beatdown)

Like jusr imagine week in week out being absolutely confident you were going to win, and 90% of the time you're correct, for a decade

This is going to sound spoiled which is not my intent, but the reality of it is that you kind of enjoy winning less. You go from being excited that you won to being anxious about losing.