Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

otoh he might actually get done for it by PRC authorities, who normally wouldn't care except the victim was Chinese too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Now that there's no election riding on it the peanut gallery will be happy to talk about it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JBP posted:

What does it matter if he went to a legally operated adult entertainment parlour? He wasn't at work where he should have been. That's the problem.

It only matters because he's one of those family values conservatives always banging on about the immorality of single mothers and the gays

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

teacup posted:

Hey has anyone here done uni by correspondence? Not sure if I asked here a while back but I work in travel and I think the human element of selling travel may not be long for this world and I want a job that I can work until I retire at age 500 after the second climate wars. But in all seriousness I just stress that it’s a fickle industry and I want to be a teacher as I’ve wanted to do that since high school but hosed around like an idiot in uni and just failed a bunch and gave up. Now I have a family things are different.

It seems almost too easy? Like do one subject per study block- 4 blocks a year- can do 2 subjects if you want to speed it up- obviously placement is a thing as well but I have long service leave for that- is there anything else that catches people out? I can’t take time off work financially to do it so that’s not an option.

I got my degree from Griffith Uni via Open Universities Australia. The things that catch people out are not managing your time well, ie you just cannot do uni + work + social life during SP4, which runs over Xmas and NY, and still expect to pass, not being able to handle the technology required (by posting on this dead gay forum you're already over the required bar), and struggling to deal with the lack of human contact/collaboration from fellow students (again, dead gay forum).

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The off duty pig who filmed himself stoning a wombat to death was found to have done nothing wrong by an internal investigation and has received no punishment

quote:

Outcome of SAPOL internal investigation

The following is a statement from the Commissioner of Police, Grant Stevens:

Back in early October this year a video was published across a number of social media sites which depicted a man running along a dirt road in front of a vehicle in rural South Australia throwing rocks at a wombat.

The person throwing the rocks was an off duty Senior Community Constable of the South Australia Police. The incident occurred at Gawler Ranges, east of Ceduna.

Within a very short period of time, the footage had been seen by many people across Australia and overseas and it garnered a large number of responses across many social media platforms and internet websites. South Australia Police received an unprecedented number of telephone calls, emails and social media comments demanding a response to this issue. The video is confronting for many people, I found it confronting. I stand by my reaction to the treatment of the wombat.

I still find some of the content of the video disturbing – I take personal displeasure in seeing any animal distressed, or being killed as the wombat was killed. I know many shared in my shock and dismay. I gave a public undertaking there would be a robust and thorough investigation, and that I would provide advice regarding the outcome of that investigation.

As a result a criminal investigation ran in parallel to an internal disciplinary investigation into the actions of the Senior Community Constable as portrayed in the video. I asked investigators to bring together all available information to assess if criminal charges should be laid.

The officer concerned was interviewed; evidence was also collected from other witnesses from South Australian government agencies and animal welfare bodies. Investigations are now complete.

Care was taken to appropriately assess all information obtained to address the overwhelming community concern and to ensure fairness to the officer concerned.

The investigators have ascertained that as a traditional Aboriginal man, the Senior Community Constable has an appropriate permit to hunt wombats for food. Whilst distressing to many who viewed the video, it has been established the Senior Community Constable’s actions were not inconsistent with traditional hunting practices.

I have been advised that the wombat in the video was killed and eaten. The video shown on social media was part of a longer video that has not been released.

An investigation file containing all available evidence was provided to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions. It is not unusual for SAPOL to seek the Director’s opinion prior to the laying of criminal charges. It was particularly important to do so in this case due to the complexity of issues surrounding indigenous hunting activities as permitted under legislation.

Legal advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions was returned to South Australia Police on 5 December. It has been established by the Director that if charges were to be laid, there would be no reasonable prospect of a conviction for any criminal offence.

With regards to the internal investigation, in accordance with the Police Complaints and Discipline Act the Senior Community Constable has been provided managerial advice and counselling regarding the implications of social media, particularly given the responsibilities of his office as a serving member of South Australia Police.

This matter has now been finalised and is complete.

It is clear from the outpouring of emotions that some may question the outcome of this investigation. I can reassure everyone that the most thorough of investigations has been undertaken in this matter.

The Senior Community Constable is well regarded and respected by his colleagues, peers, supervisors, managers and the local community in which he serves. I have confidence in his abilities to perform his current role as a Community Constable.

I ask people to show respect for the process undertaken and accept my assurances it has been a robust investigation. I ask they show respect for those involved in the incident.

In practice disciplinary investigations and outcomes should remain confidential and not publicly disclosed. However given intense interest, and to ensure the public has confidence in the rigour of investigation and the independent assessment of the facts, I have agreed to the release of this information.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hollandia posted:

Shane Warne is absolutely a oval office though

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's time for the Murdoch family. Root and stem.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Otherwise healthy animals dying from the heat and from the fires makes me unreasonably angry

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

starkebn posted:

At least there'll be nothing to burn next year

A pile of headless corpses

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

Tell me where Labor’s Howard is and I might start believing. Also Rupert Murdoch having a trauma induced personality change like reverse Bill Leak is probably needed too

We need Rupert to die, and if all the kids don't die at the same time, we need there to be a civil war between Jamie, Lachlan, and the poo poo heel daughter who thinks her father doesn't stomp on poors and minorities hard enough.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The NSW state government is banning media from evac centres and warning people taking shelter inside not to speak to any media, any media ignoring government orders despite the centre operators beiong happy to have them and people wanting to speak, are being threatened with move on orders from the pedophile pigs.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Comstar posted:

I'm guessing he hasn't changed his mind? I dunno. He posted that he's ok, so there's that.

Calcified brains don't change

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Some of you forget that Australia is part of the new world, we're as much a victim of insidious Catholic and Baptist missionaries as anywhere else not in Europe or the USA

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I get your drift but it’s so crazy to phrase it in a way that excludes the us as being part of the ‘new world’

In these terms they would be if only Catholicism existed, but they've risen to a position of arch rival as the home of Baptist missionaries, so they're an exception

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Dec 24, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

"Curse the PM for not having any water to give us, for going on holiday during the fires, and for not supporting our CFS volunteers" shout the locals as they file in to vote 1 National

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

What is a DFO

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sad to say the tests have confirmed Alice Workman has contracted terminal brainworms

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

“I like fighting Tories. That’s what I do.”

"I fight them tooth and nail to be first in line to vote for their bills and policies"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cohsae posted:

Just imagining how these people picture a meeting of the greens.
"Well, we couldn't stop Adani, we couldn't bring in drug testing, and nationally we're basically a laughing stock. Luckily our plan to secretly infiltrate every rural fire service in the country and stop them from doing hazard reduction burns in order to see Australia burnt to the ground is going off without a hitch! Now let's all smoke pot and start making some kids gay as hell."

They picture a meeting of the greens being a sinister cabal of rich jews organised by George Soros

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cruise & Maritime Voyages’ ship, Vasco da Gama, has cancelled its call to Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island today due to the catastrophic bushfires burning on the Island.

Dean Brazier, Managing Director of Cruise & Maritime Voyages Australia, said the operations team had liaised with the local port agent, South Australian Tourism Commission, and the Country Fire Service overnight.

“The escalating, uncontrolled bushfires burning on Kangaroo Island means our scheduled anchorage call to Penneshaw has understandably been cancelled.

“We have, however, offered to provide evacuation assistance if required for the locals and tourists who remain on the Island. As a result, the ship has proceeded to Penneshaw and is anchored a safe distance from the coast to be on standby this morning to assist with a possible evacuation plan to the mainland.

“Should conditions improve and our services not be required, Vasco da Gama will continue her voyage today to arrive in Port Lincoln tomorrow as scheduled.

https://twitter.com/9NewsAdel/status/1213274140032958465

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BBJoey posted:

I see a lot of people saying that Morrison is going to be unable to wriggle out of this jam. I admire your optimism, but I can’t help but feel all that’s going to happen is “ah, well, nevertheless”

Even if Morrison doesn't, the Liberal Party will absolutely suffer no electoral repercussions

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

quote:

So impressed was Boris Johnson that he hired Morrison’s boys to win the British general election. Fawning coverage followed of the digital “whiz-kids” from New Zealand: Sean Topham, 28, and Ben Guerin, 24. In Australia, the hotshots refined their technique of dumping hundreds of crude variations on the same theme on social media. They described how Labor would raise taxes and warned that a proposal to encourage electric cars threatened motorists. Labor wanted to hit “Australians who love being out there in their four-wheel drives”, said Morrison, as his propagandists targeted ads at owners of Ford Rangers, Toyota Hilux and every other popular model, saying that Labor would increase the price of “Australia’s most popular cars”. In Britain, the same team banged home the crude message in a thousand different ways that Johnson would “get Brexit done”.

New Zealand bears some of the responsibility after all

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

monolithburger posted:

Screenshotting so no accidental nsfw clicks, but boy the hatred of sex workers runs deep, ugh:

Sex workers have raised more money for the relevant charities than anyone else so far

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lid posted:

Very Sane

A Labor MP has called for school leavers to undertake a year of mandatory civil service in disaster response, saying bushfires demand a "mobilisation of will" akin to during World War II.

The radical proposal floated by Labor backbencher Mike Kelly, whose electorate encompasses much of the fire-ravaged South Coast, suggested high school graduates spend a year in a Civil Defence Corps - an umbrella organisation under which all existing volunteer disaster response services would sit.

And all the rich kids will serve that year alongside the poor kids, just like they did during Vietnam

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Amoeba102 posted:

if you do RFS or SES volunteering while on the dole, do you still have to apply to 40 jobs a week or whatever the onerous amount is?

Volunteering is only an acceptable alternative if you're over 55 and under pension age

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The internet is saying the RFS guy who leaned out the engine to tell Smoko to go and get hosed has been stood down and is facing dismissal

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

While this has been going on, SA state Liberal MP Sam Duluk spanked a SAB MP on the rear end, made inappropriate remarks to 2 women Liberal staffers, and sent one of them an inappropriate text, at the SA parliament Xmas party, and so far nothing has happened except a lightweight investigation and him resigning from one committee chair, which the premier has labelled a "heavy price already"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

hooman posted:

When all you've got is black ops guys, every problem looks like a terrorist.

When all you've got is drones, every problem looks like a wedding

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

Only the labor and liberal parties truly respect the traditional owners of this country

The Murdochs?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Budzilla posted:

He probably has hired very competent sycophants to do his bidding at his media companies. It's claimed his favourite son, Lachlan, is more of a climate change denier than himself. Although James Murdoch is not on board with climate denial, apparently.

James is a standard conservative billionaire, Lachlan is climate denying everything phobic far right like Rupert, and Prudence thinks the world is overdue for a final solution to the Jewish question

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Helith posted:

There are no good billionaires.

There is one good kind of billionaire

:guillotine:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Re: Centrelink payments

Also note that the lodgement date is usually the last day in the fortnightly reporting period but if there's a big public holiday (such as the Christmas break just gone) they might move your lodgement date forwards so you have to guesstimate how much you'll get paid for the rest of that fortnight when you're filling in the form. If you guess wrong you have to ring them up the next week and sit on hold for up to 2 hrs so they can fix it.

It's either that or report and/or receive the money late because banks won't process the money on public holidays

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Dude McAwesome posted:

hell yes

we can feel guilty about everything all the time

also, be huge pricks to everyone

Everyone on this forum is too old for huge catholic pricks, sorry

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Don't forget to apply for the AGDRP if you've been adversely affected by the fires, goons, I know some of you have been

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

GotLag posted:

Because they're toxic scum

:hmmyes:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Georgina Downer will be replacing him, after being rejected in two elections in a row

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Untitled Wombat Game when

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yeah I’m fully expecting dutton to use this to fight for ramped up powers to control arrival/departure under really broad ministerial discretion

"...waved through by Labor in early 2020..."

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

At my Aunt's birthday party just before Xmas I found out one of my cousins, from a different branch of the family, is a landlord with dozens of properties who gets paid thousands to go on stage and tell people how to make money in the property market. I'm reasonably sure the answer he gives them isn't "my parents managed my FIFO money for me so I didn't blow it all on hookers and coke, and all of my initial loans were backed by my Gas mining executive father".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Took these earlier today

It's a catastrophe

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jan 28, 2020