Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
HOW GOOD IS COAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Yeah I'm near a bunch of fires, and I know of at least four houses that got destroyed were uninsured because of cost.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Love to have the weekly forecast be “smoke”

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

What a loving shock.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Wow, he uh, sure picked a bad time to grow his beard for being investigated for sex crimes huh.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

JBP posted:

What does it matter if he went to a legally operated adult entertainment parlour? He wasn't at work where he should have been. That's the problem.

It matters because it will make him really mad.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Keep asking them about your head shape and the head shapes of others.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I'm already like, 98% sure that program would be racist too.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What the gently caress.

I do event / motorsport photography and BOTH of those require me to do a working with children check. There's a good half dozen other associations I've done stuff witht hat require them.

The gently caress is wrong with that officer?

Acab

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

thatbastardken posted:

albo is a crean.

Crean died of shame and his ghost haunts the labor party, forever condemned to get hosed over by people they really should have learned not to trust by now.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I thought lambic would only pass medivac if the lnp agreed to resettle in nz?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

NSW labor right.

Seems on point.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Remember when the lnp leaked Ricky Muir phone number and got literal child prisoners to call him to pass legislation designed to keep them in jail?

Lambie was cheap, just had to lie to her face

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Lid posted:

Everything smells like a backyard bbq lit with newspaper and no meat.

Today's forecast: Lapsang Souchong

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Privatising visas sounds like a terrible idea.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

teacup posted:

Hey has anyone here done uni by correspondence? Not sure if I asked here a while back but I work in travel and I think the human element of selling travel may not be long for this world and I want a job that I can work until I retire at age 500 after the second climate wars. But in all seriousness I just stress that it’s a fickle industry and I want to be a teacher as I’ve wanted to do that since high school but hosed around like an idiot in uni and just failed a bunch and gave up. Now I have a family things are different.

It seems almost too easy? Like do one subject per study block- 4 blocks a year- can do 2 subjects if you want to speed it up- obviously placement is a thing as well but I have long service leave for that- is there anything else that catches people out? I can’t take time off work financially to do it so that’s not an option.

I did one (1) online university course through open university and it was about as bad as any other uni course I've done. I have a strong feeling that if you aren't much on an independent learner then it's probably not for you however.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

clusterfuck posted:

More Australians are paying for their kids to go to private schools. At the same time Australian educational outcomes are worsening. Ergo private school kids are dumb as rocks, obviously.

Did you... go to a private school?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I'm in bushfire territory (safe but constant smoke for weeks now) and people still are blaming Greens, despite not having control of literally anything at any level of government for a very long time.

One client of mine said that if we stop selling coal to China they'll park a battlecruiser in Sydney harbour. Another said it's hypocritical that people protesting the climate haven't thrown away their phones.

My favourite was someone telling me that when he was in school a teacher told them every day the world would end by the year 2000 due to climate change and gave him the cuts when he (a primary school student) told him this was wrong.

Facebook boomers are real.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

hooman posted:

Ahahaha we're so lovely that a bunch of COP25 delegates are trying to put rules specifically in place to reduce our shittyness.

also the only reason that we are apparently on target (pretend I used the largest possible airquotes on that) is that the figures are working under the assumption that Australia's electricity grid will be 50% renewable by 2030.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

People are willingly volunteering their labour and communities are providing for them. If you think scomo would turn up with his chequebook when you could just not do that, then you must be new to Auspol

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Lol, I work in health care, just wait until you both are under obligation to help them and are stuck in a room with them and their opinions.

Also they seem to think that if Labor get in they will take their health services away? This is the strongest evidence of multiple simultaneous timelines I have yet to encounter.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Gridlocked posted:

You know I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of people getting all big on the death of the Queen. She's just this distant, ephemeral old lady who acts as a living embodiment of all the good ideals people put around western civilisation. Polite, graceful, magnanimous, unreal but at the same time having traits that appear to remind people despite all the pomp and circumstance she's still a human.

Like I get a living embodiment of the defunct monarchies is a bit weird a thing to keep spending masses of money on. And that it's existence is a reminder of the bad things the old Empire did. Annnnd all the shitshows of contrivances involving her husband, son and Lady Dianna.

But she's still this little old lady who appears to be doing as much good as she can from her weirdly unique position. And I think people screaming for the blood of a little old lady is insane.

I liked the part where she supported austerity and "living within one's means" while sitting on a golden throne and wearing a hat with over a thousand gems.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Hail Satan?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

You need a complicit media to pull that off.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

So two dumb racist boomers went over to a an indigenous family's house in Mildura, yelled abuse at them and tried to tear down their aboriginal flag, while being very overtly filmed.

Anyway, their lives are now ruined, the guy was a franchise owner of two maccas and they have booted him already.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/mildura-woman-attempts-to-tear-down-aboriginal-flag-in-viral-video

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Also surplus chasing is bad, even if the coalition sucking at it is both funny and hypocritical.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Scomo/Coal

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Buzzfeed foid a bunch of international anti asylum seeker ads. One of them is a horoscope, and it sure is .... something

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

NUMBER ONE

NUMBER ONE

https://twitter.com/BOM_au/status/1207539156483792897

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Here, have some absolute bullshit and a great example of the paradox of tolerance.

https://twitter.com/tom_tanuki/status/1207628471695888385

e. it's a thread, with responses

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

This really feels like a slip up, especially for someone who is competent at spin and messaging.

"coward PM slags of volunteer firefighters while on holiday in Hawaii", when basically him being less callous and maybe moving his arse a bit we could have seen "hero PM cuts family holiday short to help with the bushfires"

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

https://twitter.com/firstdogonmoon/status/1207928205149011968

I think it's going to stick because it defines a lot about what is wrong about Morrison's "leadership".

Good point, could we possibly have it with approximately 750 more words?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I’ve been around bushfires for months, it’s a bad take but it’s true that it only gained mass media attention when it got to Sydney

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Helith posted:

Also, how many people will have their lives shortened in the future from the smoke exposure now.

Dart chart needs to be updated.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

A knife in the back, traditionally.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Konomex posted:

Why is this man allowed on television, let alone in a working environment with more women? Shouldn't he be blacklisted as some sort of serial sex pest? He went on to do this sort of thing a second time. I mean, I'm all for redemption but he is not a voice I think we should be listening to.

This also cuts out the above paragraph where he was sentenced for forging a lawyers signature while working on ACA.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

One Nation leader Pauline Hanson is staying local. On New Year's Eve she will host a "Lonely Hearts Club" for disillusioned lovers in Brisbane. It's set to be a major event, with 15 staff seconded to lend a hand.

Know your base I guess?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

MY electorate (currently on fire for months) swung 7% to the nationals at the latest NSW state election

Death is certain

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

JBP posted:

It's actually is a state responsibility to fight the fires I'm not sure what the federal government can do outside of granting army logistics support and forgetting about it.

They could probably help out by not being a bunch of overt shitheads.

e. also climate change, but loving lol on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Yeast posted:

Insurance stops covering a lot of climate change-related damage, so as extreme weather events hit other parts of your country and people aren't able to rebuild where they lived, places like Far North QLD get abandoned, not from some government plan, but from hundreds of thousands of people individually deciding to pack up and leave one day. The place where you live gets more crowded as internal migrants relocate only to find that life isn't any easier when they show up out of the blue with no job, no money, and no assets to sell. Your wages get cut at work because there are suddenly ten highly trained unemployed professionals who used to do your job in Cairns, any of whom would gladly replace you. Your rent goes up even faster than usual because of all the population growth in your city.

About 1/4 of all houses destroyed by bushfires near me weren't insured due to cost. Which is insane to me, but thems the facts.