Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Rice is terrible for you eat lentils instead, they can also be made in a rice cooker

why isnt it called a lentils cooker then smart guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i have a wizard's staff, yes

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

emfive posted:

I've always imagined that Bonghitz has a staff

its every cspam poster

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

two rice cookers , cook lentils in one and put it over the rice

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Epic High Five posted:

Rice is terrible for you eat lentils instead, they can also be made in a rice cooker

brown basmati is less terrible, South Asian people don't like it however

Still the only place you can get it (or at least where I can find quality rice that's not insanely overpriced) is South Asian groceries. Once I was buying some and another customer said "but I just don't like it!" and the store guy said something like "that's because we're all crazy, it's much better for you"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Poniard posted:

why isnt it called a lentils cooker then smart guy

It is ur just pronouncing it wrong

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Bearjew posted:

BONGHITZ has one thousand tabs open

BONGHITZ posts from experimental supercomputers with 69 terabytes of RAM

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

owns

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's like pure carbs, brown rice is like 1% better for you than white

kaleedity posted:

two rice cookers , cook lentils in one and put it over the rice

If you get brown rice you can cook them together

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

are lentils gluten free

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Flavius Aetass posted:

i'm a cop and plinkey is under posting arrest :cop: :pepper:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

kaleedity posted:

its every cspam poster

I don't think anyone would disagree with the notion that this thread and every poster in it exist for Bonghitz's amusement

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

are lentils gluten free

Uhhh sure why not

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
more like two poops

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1212166127251546114

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lock her up

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

smarxist posted:

i had just restarted my computer in frustration.

a lo-res image of palm trees i selected as a default avatar on msn circa the year 2000 that had been dutifully summoned from some abyssal crypt on microsoft's servers and pasted into my administrator user icon upon registering windows 10 greeted me as i plunged back into the fray.

cspam; i had a problem.

the os partition on my desktop was 98% full and i wanted to install a new game.

i went into the "apps" list as it's called now on windows 10, and struggled to understand how a 100 gigabyte partition was completely consumed by an operating system and the meager, trim, fit applications i used on it.

i started digging into sub folders, user folders, app data, documents, settings, temp caches. there's a fulsome, robust necropolis of history buried in the sub folders of sub folders. every application you install nowadays insinuates its hierarchy into your system hierarchy. shakes hands with a bunch of frameworks and runtime suites, stashes .dlls in places, creates blankets of folders full of eula documents in 12 languages, placeholders, fingerprints, tendrils. the bits you could grasp and examine were tiny, like grains of sand, but there were beaches of it clogging my partition.

it struck me how beautifully digital entropy mirrors local entropy in our natural world. despite a human being the protagonist of life as we know it, we're mostly just a meta composite of one, continuous, unceasing chain of biochemical interactions (until it ceases...) that have spun up this fabulous ship in a bottle, this wonderful loop of damnable willful ego we call the self. we're a shambling beast of mercurial will ferried about the planet on a palanquin of protein and bacteria who themselves are simple creatures made of simpler organisms and biochemical gewgaws composed of elements which are made of atoms, built from protons, composed of quarks, which as we all know, contain an infinite number of preons, or leptons, strings, or whatever other unbelievably kaleidoscopic fragmented fractalized observation of a universe in motion a relatively static human mind wants to ascribe to the fundamentals of existence. can we figure it out? does it matter? it's like trying to count the number of jellybeans that were in a giant jar for a charity event that ended a billion years ago. the nature of reality is a reverberation, a tumultuous churn of energy. what's the perfect , complete explanation of a wave that just rolled onto the beach? who cares. it's already gone and a another one's washed over it in a dizzyingly new, completely different configuration than what was.

picture an abyss, a perfect vacuum with the lowest possible energy state. a gelid glass infinity floating on a sea of wisp-like virtual particles and anti-particles and other exotic, angry short lived frackas jolting into and out of existing in a thrumming, sleepy ocean of energy, kept beneath the surface tension of our void.

and then, from somewhere, everywhere, and nowhere, the quantum infinity seizes. somewhere, in some other brane, adjacent our perfect abyss, some other multiverse is in its death throes, has been severed from its bonds, and pachinkos through the infernal machines of creation, hollering, and making a lot of noise.

the glass shatters, a ripple begins, and from the frothy ocean of energy, angry knots begin to blossom. the disturbance has stirred up ponderously deep chasms of slumbering dark energy, and an exulting, excoriating rebuke is churning its way to the surface in undulating angry fissures. the surface of reality is a stormy sea. the big bang? there are trillions upon trillions of them happening everywhere, constantly, proto-universe are started and snuffed out before their first billion planck seconds, the cacophony of creation is a breathless photoshutter snapshot strobe of birth/life/death in a dizzying violent whorl. but from the endlessly echoing slop, moments of harmonious synchronicity manifest, where the chaotic waves break upon each other and placid swaths of relative tranquility emerge, where the clenched, dying grip of crystalline energy bequeaths one perfect dollop, like a grain of sand in the mouth of a clam from which a pearl grows; our universe. a beautiful, stable, soap bubble of reality. a spark that catches fire and burns with a fiery glow and then does what so many of the others could not, which is to cool down, and let things start to happen. space and time grab each other's hands and begin to expand into forever, and the precious cream egg of energy that brought about the whole mess begins to unfurl in their wake.

the delicate lace energy fabric of reality rolls over onto itself once and creates an infinite sea of hydrogen, and from there the gritty dust scratches and grainy film artifacts of the event that created our universe stamps a blueprint upon the vinyl for how everything is going to boogie. the runnels and channels birth nebulae, stars accrete, the infernal forges of matter, compositing and bricking together literally everything before exploding and creating literally everything else, all of that fucks off, fucks back, crashes into itself, again and again, makes an indent in the fabric of space time, accumulates dust for billions of years until a proto-planet arises, consumes its rivals in a molten apocalyptic bombast that, with surgical precision inseminates itself with a core of iron that will create a stable magnetosphere which batters away harmful radioactive rays. the marble of burning slag is bombarded with ice comets, meteors, asteroids unending until finally in the sighing exhausted afterglow, in the seething rivers of primordial goop, from the majestic prebiotic soup, free floating constituent particles could be excited and organized into polymers, nucleic acids and proteins by the nearly spent energies of a thousand, thousand creation events, one tendril, one impossibly thin, staggering long strand reached from the void of the multiverse to breathe the gift of life into this fabulously ordinary hunk of matter, and with a thundering blossom of awakening, we turned our sentient gaze upon the infinite dark that birthed us and beheld it for a stunningly brief, impossible short amount of time, infinity gazed down upon itself, as deeply as it could, and at the most impossibly small substrates of reality found itself staring back, saying "now what?" with a forlorn tragic grace before the soap bubble pops.

all of this, you, me, her, that guy ahead, him behind, we are all here today in this line, and you dare to tell me, that this is just an arby's drive through?

trum

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
richard veins, augmented private eye

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

notehfparachute posted:

Being able to empathize and knowing what it's like aren't the same thing

Either is fine, the problem is in politics it's usually neither with a veneer of pandering

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i dont eat any carbs and as a millenail i am contractually obligated by my job app to say i eat rear end

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Gripweed posted:

I don't think anyone would disagree with the notion that this thread and every poster in it exist for Bonghitz's amusement

this thread can't be closed for January until BONGHITZ is done quote tweeting

e: uh quoting. Jeez I'm spending too much time on Twitter

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Plinkey posted:

trump is not wining PA again

oh man, its gonna be a trip when he does tho

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It's 6:30 and the fireworks have started. My dog is scared and hiding under my desk. gently caress new years

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

not an endorsement posted:

TURDFUZZ blocks your path!

TURDFUZZ gets angry!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Zyla posted:

i tried this ai dungeon game and i eventually found a pizza and

then apparently hosed my dad? and died of pizza overdose

this was a weird game

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

im so tired today!! that’s no good for ringing in 2020 with tromp

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

TO EVERYTHING

THERE IS A SEASON

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh poo poo this account got banned?

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
alright well time to torch this brain

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh well I'll just make another

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
i need a deep ashtray filled with a gas that is heavier than air and doesnt have any oxygen in it

imagine it

you could just put your joint down in it and it'd stop burning immediately. maybe. i think thats how it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

i need a deep ashtray filled with a gas that is heavier than air and doesnt have any oxygen in it

imagine it

you could just put your joint down in it and it'd stop burning immediately. maybe. i think thats how it works

u can buy argon pretty easily