Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What word best describes your year?
This poll is closed.
Twee 4 1.28%
Goose 34 10.90%
Strand 22 7.05%
Bowsette 115 36.86%
poo poo 46 14.74%
Kirby 31 9.94%
Sonic 14 4.49%
I told you I don't like these polls 46 14.74%
Total: 312 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quite a while depending on how many artifacts you have already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You know you're near the end when the pirate ghosts you get tired of fighting all the time become trivial matters of just locking on your stronk beam or missile onto before you're allowed to go to next room. If you're tired of fighting them, but not tired of the inconvenience of locking on to one, you've still got game left. God help you if you're a backtracking 100%er though.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
no that's pretty much where I'm at, just mindlessly locking on strafing hitting a and down on the dpad. the first half of this game is so good, it drops downhill quickly after getting the thermal visor

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TIL that grandia owns

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wasn't a fan of that late stage routine either. It's been ages since I played it, but looking back they probably just ran out of poo poo to escalate movement-wise so exploring becomes too routine. Wish there was a PC/switch release so I could re experience them, though I guess I can make one of those happen.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I got a Fighting Edge bc I liked the metal. It's super slick.

Never heard of it but sounds hawt

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Should I take a CBD supplement

I know it doesn't get you high but does it have an effect

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Walrus posted:

no that's pretty much where I'm at, just mindlessly locking on strafing hitting a and down on the dpad. the first half of this game is so good, it drops downhill quickly after getting the thermal visor

are you planning on playing all three or just checking out the first one?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe Metroid Prime 4 should just be a bigger Outer Wilds except you get to fly around in Samus' faceship and instead of the Nomai it's the Chozo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Should I take a CBD supplement

I know it doesn't get you high but does it have an effect

If they're made right you'll feel slightly relaxed and good. But that might be placebo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Every God damned time I go to start a new game lately my brain goes "how about a quick game of Slay the Spire first" and then I just play that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

axelblaze posted:

Every God damned time I go to start a new game lately my brain goes "how about a quick game of Slay the Spire first" and then I just play that.

This is why I deleted Enter the Gungeon from my ps4. The flesh is weak

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

axelblaze posted:

is the fourth character on the release version yet, ive been on the beta one for so long im not really sure where its at

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well it was 60 degrees here yesterday and now it's 20 and about to snow

So I guess I'm not leaving town tonight. I'll settle for weed and Iron Chef to ring in the new decade

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It was funny when Monster Hunter World had a "beta" for Iceborne... that turned out to be the same demo they put out for every Monster Hunter game and not a beta at all.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

axelblaze posted:

this was me with binding of isaac for years and also slay the spire now so i feel you big time

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Same but instead of a game I just rewatch old episodes of the Simpsons

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Looper posted:

are you planning on playing all three or just checking out the first one?

I had planned all 3 but I wasnt intending to be a bit bored of the first which is apparently the best. I played about up to Thardus on GC and an hour or 2 into 3 on the switch.

I will keep at it though, it was just an annoying stretch as I went to the wrong ice beam door first (crashed frigate) and had to get all the way back out without the gravity suit, then accidentally went the log way to the gravity suit backtracking through all of phanendra including the research labs which I'd already redone once due to dying stupidly.

so it was really a combo of annoyance that was at least half my fault.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/1212141243628740608

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i should play that doom game ive heard so much about

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Doom 3 had great flashlight tech

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

This would be funnier without the reply.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Doom 3 had great fleshlight tech

bruh i gotta replay doom 3

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Horny is sooo 2019, friend

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Please vote on which unreleased AAA game I should do a long-form advertisement for.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Real hurthling! posted:

TIL that grandia owns

Grandia 2 really helped develop my unceasing lust for redheads.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Guys, no more horny, gently caress

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Same but old episodes of Columbo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Columbo is good, he only deals with rich fuckers.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Any more 2020 thread title ideas?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

axelblaze posted:

Jay Rust posted:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

axelblaze posted:

New Year+

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

same but Simpsons memes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

axelblaze posted:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Columbo is good, he only deals with rich fuckers.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jay Rust posted:

You see, you say this, but the message I'm reading says "you skipped 200 posts of horny, go back"

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
January 2020: New game cause dad deleted my save file

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Death Stranding has become one of those games where I just think about how I can't wait until work is over so I can go home and play it all day.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the goty thread has convinced me to play FFXIV in 2020

I got to like level 40 or something as a white mage in ARR back when 2.0 came out but that was 6 (?!) years ago and I don't remember how to play or what the story was so I'll start again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Black Stones posted:

January 2020: New game cause dad deleted my save file

How about "2019 corrupted. please start a new year'