Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What word best describes your year?
This poll is closed.
Twee 4 1.28%
Goose 34 10.90%
Strand 22 7.05%
Bowsette 115 36.86%
poo poo 46 14.74%
Kirby 31 9.94%
Sonic 14 4.49%
I told you I don't like these polls 46 14.74%
Total: 312 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
2020 go to 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
2020 Colecovision

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Help Im Alive posted:

I think the goty thread has convinced me to play FFXIV in 2020

I got to like level 40 or something as a white mage in ARR back when 2.0 came out but that was 6 (?!) years ago and I don't remember how to play or what the story was so I'll start again

Never been a better time than present for that particular endeavor, the main thread can help with whatever you need. Plus they're always thirsty for newcomer reactions to certain story beats.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy New Year friends! May 2020 fulfill all your gaming desires! :3:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't know if i can make it to May

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There are dozens and dozens and dozens of hours before you get to the good FFXIV expansion, my own position on this matter is that you’re better off spending your time on this earth playing other games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you have a level 40 character though that is past the first major hump (according to popular opinion), it's not THAT far to Heavensward

The combat rotations should be pretty simple to pick up at that stage and you can just watch the cutscenes at an inn to catch up with the story

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Things feel so hollow when you're late to the party. Jumpinbg back into an MMO when you've missed expansions or the base never feels like it's your home, it's like you're a tourist just kind of seeing what everyone is up to in their world.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I hope this forum makes it another decade.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

January Games Chat: Maybe I’ll start FFXIV this year

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Happy New Year from Brexitland! We're sinking into the ocean with the weight of our gammon-filled chudliness but Iceborne is out on PC soon! I hope you all have a wonderful new year and enjoy many fun videogames and times with friends and family!!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I can’t stop pronouncing January in a way that makes it fit the chorus of Temporary Secretary by Paul McCartney

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Things feel so hollow when you're late to the party. Jumpinbg back into an MMO when you've missed expansions or the base never feels like it's your home, it's like you're a tourist just kind of seeing what everyone is up to in their world.

I started playing FF14 this year and never really felt like that at all. They are careful to make sure that low-level group content still constantly fires, and the main draw for the game is the single-player storyline anyway which doesn't get obsoleted

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Again, FF14 is good from the start, it just gets better.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I hope this forum makes it another decade.
I can't believe Lowtax let the 20th anniversary go without a big GoonMeet to celebrate!

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

axelblaze posted:

How about "2019 corrupted. please start a new year'

:hmmyes:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Samuringa posted:

Again, FF14 is good from the start, it just gets better.

It doesn't really waste your time a whole lot either. I mean within an hour or two you can be doing dungeons with other players, you don't have to spend like 10 hours killing rats

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
January Games Chat Thread: Smoke Weed (and play games) everyday

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
As I sit here looking at 20 hours to upload the OoT rando seed I just did, I am forced to ask myself if having lovely internet is a reasonable price to pay to not have to work with comcast

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Walrus posted:

I had planned all 3 but I wasnt intending to be a bit bored of the first which is apparently the best. I played about up to Thardus on GC and an hour or 2 into 3 on the switch.

I will keep at it though, it was just an annoying stretch as I went to the wrong ice beam door first (crashed frigate) and had to get all the way back out without the gravity suit, then accidentally went the log way to the gravity suit backtracking through all of phanendra including the research labs which I'd already redone once due to dying stupidly.

so it was really a combo of annoyance that was at least half my fault.

aww man, yeah that's a classic mistake tons of people make, including myself even on replaying the game. things perk up again once you get the plasma beam imo. 2 is my personal favorite but that's a controversial opinion and i do think it benefits from the player already knowing how it rolls

axelblaze posted:

Any more 2020 thread title ideas?

you want more cats lyrics?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

axelblaze posted:

Any more 2020 thread title ideas?

be brave enough to make the 20/20 vision joke you know you want to

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H4oeZnTLFM

Japan already has an ad for the new Animal Crossing and it's Tom Nook doing a timeshare presentation.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

tithin posted:

Grandia 2 really helped develop my unceasing lust for redheads.

Triss in Witcher 3 is the character I make in any game that let's me make my own character

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Japan already has an ad for the new Animal Crossing and it's Tom Nook doing a timeshare presentation.

New Horizons is the prequel to Lost.

We're gonna be building the Island.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
January Chat Thread: Unionize

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

January Chat Thread: Unionize

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

january games cha tthread: ready month one !!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/megaten_atlus/status/1212036966750965761

"Please look forward to follow-up news on Shin Megami Tensei V"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

https://twitter.com/mcclure111/status/1212183111049662464?s=19

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
January Chat Thread: Jellicle games for jellicle gamers

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

oddium posted:

january games cha tthread: ready month one !!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FF14 goes from okay to amazing before it even gets to the first expansion. The lead up to Heavensward is fantastic and it just keeps getting better.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just wish it wasn’t an mmo, I don’t even think its mmo-ness is narratively justified, iirc everyone’s individual character is The Chosen One and your party members during the climactic battles are described as random dudes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/megaten_atlus/status/1212036966750965761

"Please look forward to follow-up news on Shin Megami Tensei V"

Been waiting 2 years for an update.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I felt that way before I started it but the dungeons are really fun so I don't mind it anymore.

That said the more players involved in a particular multiplayer session the less I like them. Dungeons are great, trials and 8 person raids vary from good to okay, 24 person raids are miserable.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I can’t stop pronouncing January in a way that makes it fit the chorus of Temporary Secretary by Paul McCartney

...You motherfucker

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

saw the star wars and have now formed my final opinion of 2019

it was bad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

homeless snail posted:

it was bad

Yo in the next one vader is lukes dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

it was bad

Yeah, that was a loving god awful movie. At least Disney and LucasFilm now have enough sense to scale back their plans. A whole bunch of future movie plans were shitcanned. Baby Yoda on TV for the foreseeable future.