Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What word best describes your year?
This poll is closed.
Twee 4 1.28%
Goose 34 10.90%
Strand 22 7.05%
Bowsette 115 36.86%
poo poo 46 14.74%
Kirby 31 9.94%
Sonic 14 4.49%
I told you I don't like these polls 46 14.74%
Total: 312 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Dragon Quest Builders 2 good solo

I loved the first one but the marketing and stuff for 2 made it look like you need friends

You need to play 90% of it solo
Theres a social hub between the major story acts but thats it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I loved the first one but the marketing and stuff for 2 made it look like you need friends

Nah it's just as single player as the first one if you want

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Rinkles posted:

from november's thread

what's wrong with 2? my brother seems to really like it.

2 is just steep on wheels, which is just random distractions tossed across the map, planes we're cool but meh, where as 1 was cannonball run the game, with every activity on the road pushing you on your way to your actual route and most facilitated good to better driving. And for some reason, 2 also feels really empty compared to 1, the social aspects of the first seem cut down/out. Thinking about it now, the crew1 is a take on cruisn, where as 2 is a take on Forza Horizon, which I guess has it's place, but wasn't what I wanted from the crew.

The crew 1 had the best open world gps system, where depending on your type of vehicle, you'd get different gps directions. So if you had a performance vehicle the guide would stick to the roads, but if you were in an off road vehicle, there's no telling where it's going to take you. I'll never forget the time I fell in love with the game. I had just gotten my new mission that was at the bottom of the Rockies, and the gps just pointed nebulously off the side, so I followed it Michael Scott style and had to cut my own way down the mountain while dodging trees and boulders.

Just resold myself on the game, now i have to find an xbone copy.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Andrast posted:

how does this person know what anatomically correct Asari look like

Gozer the Destructor commands me to chose the form they will take on to end the world with.

I yell, "Whatever is anatomically correct for you."

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

I would have 1000/1000 in Bard's Tale 4 and Bloodstained this year but there are bugs related to unlocking things in both of them so thanks.

I have really bad luck with trophy/achievement unlocks not firing.

Yeah that was a fun discovery after grinding all the equipment in Bloodstained. I hope they patch it before it leaves gamepass.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

never do full-completion achievements unless the game is your job

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

bushisms.txt posted:

2 is just steep on wheels, which is just random distractions tossed across the map, planes we're cool but meh, where as 1 was cannonball run the game, with every activity on the road pushing you on your way to your actual route and most facilitated good to better driving. And for some reason, 2 also feels really empty compared to 1, the social aspects of the first seem cut down/out. Thinking about it now, the crew1 is a take on cruisn, where as 2 is a take on Forza Horizon, which I guess has it's place, but wasn't what I wanted from the crew.

The crew 1 had the best open world gps system, where depending on your type of vehicle, you'd get different gps directions. So if you had a performance vehicle the guide would stick to the roads, but if you were in an off road vehicle, there's no telling where it's going to take you. I'll never forget the time I fell in love with the game. I had just gotten my new mission that was at the bottom of the Rockies, and the gps just pointed nebulously off the side, so I followed it Michael Scott style and had to cut my own way down the mountain while dodging trees and boulders.

Just resold myself on the game, now i have to find an xbone copy.

my brother made the same comparison to steep, but he liked steep.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

graventy posted:

Yeah that was a fun discovery after grinding all the equipment in Bloodstained. I hope they patch it before it leaves gamepass.

Oh snap I guess I got the plat in Bloodstained too. Banner year for trophies 'round these parts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This month there is actually nothing I really want to play. This is good cause I still have a gigantic backlog to get through.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is that vampire tm game on the 4th listed in the op the new one that i am hyped for or something else?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

a glitch posted:

Even the ones who probaby shouldn't have a boob slider in the first place?

I think it's good when Animal Crossing tries new thing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's something else.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Rinkles posted:

my brother made the same comparison to steep, but he liked steep.

I love steep, it's just not what I was wanting in a sequel to a different franchise.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I played a full dozen Capcom games over the weekend without even realizing it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Real hurthling! posted:

Is that vampire tm game on the 4th listed in the op the new one that i am hyped for or something else?

There are half a dozen or so Masquerade games being produced atm, that one isn't Bloodlines 2.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
thank you chat thread for reminding me it's december

Help Im Alive posted:

yes 100%, multiplayer content is restricted to your hub island. you can also download copies of other people's islands and go gently caress around on them which is really cool, some people have amazing and ambitious projects

the marketing is what it is probably because, like the og dq2, a big gimmick of the game is that you can have party members now

Looper fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 1, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samuringa posted:

There are half a dozen or so Masquerade games being produced atm, that one isn't Bloodlines 2.

Bloodlines 2 is the one that everyone really wants, and even that is pretty up in the air whether or not it'll really be worth it.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
I'm pretty curious about saga scarlet grace but I've heard very little buzz about the new edition and even the big saga-heads in the rpg thread haven't been chatting much about it. Then again I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that a vita game that only came out in japan doesn't have a ton of western fans.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
After over a decade of Mac exclusive computing I have installed Windows 10 for gaming purposes.

2020 will be the year of catching up on PC exclusives.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Shopping during the weekend with 3 kids is the true Death Stranding.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sweetgrass posted:

I'm pretty curious about saga scarlet grace but I've heard very little buzz about the new edition and even the big saga-heads in the rpg thread haven't been chatting much about it. Then again I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that a vita game that only came out in japan doesn't have a ton of western fans.

i'm excited for it but i'm busy being lost in romancing saga 3 atm so i probably won't play it right away. i don't know much about it other than that it doesn't have any kind of field exploration at all, no dungeons or anything like that, but apparently the battle system is really good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Games I知 currently playing:

Dragon Age Origins, I知 about 2/3 through
Stardew Valley, I知 about 1/3 through
Stellaris, I知 about 1/5 through
Morrowind, I知 about 1/10 through
This War of Mine, I知 about 1/2 through
Europa Universalis IV, I知 about 1/4 through

I likely won稚 finish any of them before getting distracted by another dumb game. Starting to think I have a problem.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

Games I知 currently playing:
Europa Universalis IV, I知 about 1/4 through

I have a lot of questions about what you mean by this.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe you could make yourself feel better by adding them all together so that 2/3 Dragon Age + 1/3 Stardew = 1 completed game etc

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

doingitwrong posted:

I have a lot of questions about what you mean by this.

1/4 through a campaign, seemed obvious

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1201184185089585152

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sweetgrass posted:

I heard the original release wasn't great, but the western release has more content / QOL stuff to address that.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is shadow incapable of enjoying anything?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

😍

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

yea, he's the player self insert

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

i remember an old comic page that got posted a lot showing he really likes motorcycles

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am sure the Crew 2 is bad but I enjoyed the Pilot Wings-style stunt plane stuff

Pilotwings 64 should've been a genre-maker.

Jay Rust posted:

Do you guys prefer pixel sex or polygon sex?

Voxel sex you swine

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I've reached the point in this Destiny 2 expansion where I really can't go any further without having to talk to actual other human beings, which means it's time to put this game down for another year. Hopefully MW5: Mercenaries isn't as bad as it seemed like it might be, cause a medium-okay robots game is all I really want out of life.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
There is a reason why that Shadow game was a hit with teenagers. (2 million copies sold )He's basically every teen's OC.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Still love everybody constantly thinking shadow and sonic are the same just because they're both hedgehogs

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Still love everybody constantly thinking shadow and sonic are the same just because they're both hedgehogs

they all look the same to me

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

...mods?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Another cat shot

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Andrast posted:

racist

The cops are whatever.

Amy is has no excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FirstAidKite posted:

Amy also thought Silver was Sonic that one time.