Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

"Linda! Larry! There's no concept of weekends anymore!"

One of my favorite movies. It's somehow both affectionate and critical - the system might be toxic, but humans are endlessly adaptable. This is no way to live, but you can't simply not live ("Big Country" is like the seed that became this movie).

Also, one of the great fart jokes.

what the gently caress when did I post in this thread?

Kidding aside, I fell in love when Netflix had the movie for a while and it was the only widescreen version of it out there. Uhh, what else can I say that wasn't already covered... Louis Fine's date with The Lying Woman might be the single funniest bit of the bunch.

I was disappointed "Weird" Al did not choose "Radio Head" as one of the 70+ songs to cover on his tour last year.

Someone (CPL593H?) posted this a bit ago when we were Talkin' Talking Heads:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db293GrsDjo

Also, there's a short piece where David Byrne interviews... himself, the original context/usage/purpose of I forget, but done in promotion of Stop Making Sense and included on the Blu-ray/DVD release of that film, where he talks a little bit about his upcoming film project and says "it's like '60 Minutes' on acid." (CW: some, er, ill-advised impersonations):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE-mxVxFXLg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU