Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Ufff, I'm totally failing at tuning with a Hondata S300. I thought this fuel injection stuff was supposed to be easy but I'm still missing something, I can't even get the AFR to change at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Sounds like it's totalled. Generously, I'll give you $2500 to take it off your hands?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Wow that's poo poo.
I'm now back home, it's midnight. Original breakdown was at about 4:15pm. Today's driving started at 9am.

Car itself should be turning up on recovery truck in an hour or so.

Edit: Car arrived at 1:20am.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 29, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone else like Dickies pants and shorts but hate how long it takes to break them in because they feel like wearing cardboard?

I just tried a method of soaking them in warm salt water for two days and it works like a charm, my brand new Dickies feel like I've had them for a year already :)

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Anyone else like Dickies pants and shorts but hate how long it takes to break them in because they feel like wearing cardboard?

I just tried a method of soaking them in warm salt water for two days and it works like a charm, my brand new Dickies feel like I've had them for a year already :)

I have the opposite problem. I wear slim fit dickies, because I like something that fits like a slim chino but is actually durable so I don't wear it out in one weekend, but the pockets are straight garbage. If they made the pockets out of the same rough material they made the actual pants out of, it would be no problem, but the thin, frail stuff they do use blows out in like 6mo of normal use.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That's weird, I've been wearing dickies for years and never had pocket issues.

Seems like something easy enough to fix tho, have someone sew in better pocket material probably wouldn't cost too much.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Me and my Express stretchy Indoor-Man Jeans are going to stay quiet over here but goddamn I love these enough to have bought 4 pairs exactly the same and I plan on wearing them daily forever, I've finally gotten pair #2 out of the bag this year but only for 'fancy' work occasions.

Like wearing Adidas tracky bottoms but you're out in public, no squat required (but it's possible)

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Someone pull me back from the abyss of trolling a Nextdoor chat thread re: speeding on local streets :cripes:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Nah, go ahead and tell them how your Timmy was killed by a car going too slowly.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Me and my Express stretchy Indoor-Man Jeans are going to stay quiet over here but goddamn I love these enough to have bought 4 pairs exactly the same and I plan on wearing them daily forever, I've finally gotten pair #2 out of the bag this year but only for 'fancy' work occasions.

Like wearing Adidas tracky bottoms but you're out in public, no squat required (but it's possible)

like every pant ever, they don't come in my size

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I wear Duluth. The grouch gusset really is magic for being show to move around like Levi's never could

Raluek posted:

like every pant ever, they don't come in my size
I've got a cousin who's teenagers are wearing 28x34 and 29x36 iirc. Both are HS lacrosse players, and like 6'4"-6'5" twigs. The shorter one is a freshman.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 29, 2019

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

ilkhan posted:

I wear Duluth. The grouch gusset really is magic for being show to move around like Levi's never could

I've got a cousin who's teenagers are wearing 28x34 and 29x36 iirc. Both are HS lacrosse players, and like 6'4"-6'5" twigs. The shorter one is a freshman.

28x34 crew checking in!

At least that's what I was when I was a mechanic. I'm 33' now =/

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ilkhan posted:

...so, what do they find that fits? I'm a 30x34 or 30x36 depending on brand (and sometimes within brand it varies, idk)

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Raluek posted:

...so, what do they find that fits? I'm a 30x34 or 30x36 depending on brand (and sometimes within brand it varies, idk)

They have one 30x34 left!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
After yesterday's just hilariously enjoyable car-buying journey... this morning, the guy I'd agreed to sell the MG to (at a decently knocked-down price to get it gone) has backed out the deal.

For gently caress's sake...

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

ilkhan posted:

My son is a 28x34 and he’s 5’10”, 130lb at 13 years old. I fear if he gets any taller there really won’t be anything for him to wear. Currently he’s wearing 30x34 and cinching the poo poo out of his belt and they’re still loose.

Meanwhile I am the same height and I wear a perfectly normal 32x30 but when I was fat I wore a 40x30 and let me tell you, finding that size was an impossibility.

Related funny story, my wife bought me a t-shirt with a manual gear shift pattern for my birthday that was allegedly a men’s medium. When it showed up it was more like a women’s baby tee medium and it still fit the skeletal little poo poo.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 29, 2019

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
38x34 here, it's become really hard to find that size for some reason. Used to be super common, now I'm lucky if I can find one or two pairs in an entire store that size.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Raluek posted:

I have the opposite problem. I wear slim fit dickies, because I like something that fits like a slim chino but is actually durable so I don't wear it out in one weekend, but the pockets are straight garbage. If they made the pockets out of the same rough material they made the actual pants out of, it would be no problem, but the thin, frail stuff they do use blows out in like 6mo of normal use.

Stop buying them at Walmart, start ordering from Amazon or Dickies themselves. Walmart Dickies are a bit different.

Though I also wear slim dickies more than I'd like to admit.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

My son is a 28x34 and he’s 5’10”, 130lb at 13 years old. I fear if he gets any taller there really won’t be anything for him to wear. Currently he’s wearing 30x34 and cinching the poo poo out of his belt and they’re still loose.

Meanwhile I am the same height and I wear a perfectly normal 32x30 but when I was fat I wore a 40x30 and let me tell you, finding that size was an impossibility.

Related funny story, my wife bought me a t-shirt with a manual gear shift pattern for my birthday that was allegedly a men’s medium. When it showed up it was more like a women’s baby tee medium and it still fit the skeletal little poo poo.

I was 5'6 and 110 when I graduated HS, at 17. I finally hit 5'8 a couple of years later, but didn't break 130 lbs until about 25 (then I put on 100 lbs in about a year, finally back down to 170ish). At 13, I was maybe 5'nothing.

I was wearing 40x30 for awhile (couldn't find 40x29), and yeah, finding those was difficult. Now I wear a 32x29 if I want them to fit decent (so I just go with 30 and roll the legs up slightly, since nobody makes a 29" inseam.. still need a belt, but 30 is a little tight). I have short legs.. :sigh:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Raluek posted:

They have to order online, because finding some of those sizes in store is impossible.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Any of you try those custom made clothes via online? I know you can get suits and that done, but also jeans and more day-day wear.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

slidebite posted:

Any of you try those custom made clothes via online? I know you can get suits and that done, but also jeans and more day-day wear.

You're probably going to need a tailor on top of that. Internet made to order stuff will never be a perfect fit.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

STR posted:

Stop buying them at Walmart, start ordering from Amazon or Dickies themselves. Walmart Dickies are a bit different.

Yeah this, altho I liked how the walmart dickies have a button instead of the metal clasp thing. The Dickies I got from Amazon are noticeably better, like every thing else walmart gets apparently, weird.

I'm an even 32x32, but everything runs different so it's a crap shoot. Even Dickies run different, the same size twill pants are bigger in the waist than the regular pants, and some of the different style shorts can run bigger or smaller like what the gently caress can we keep it consistent? So I just order one of each style, keep the one that fits the best, send the rest back and order more of the style that fits me best.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The Dickies I got from Amazon are noticeably better, like every thing else walmart gets apparently, weird.

They dictate prices to their suppliers, suppliers respond with Walmart versions of their products that reflect the dictated price.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
I have been buying cheap jeans and replacing them every 6 months when they wear out. I can buy clearance jeans at Walmart in 34x30 all day long for $10 in the clearance racks. I should buy some real wrangler or real Levi’s and see what the difference is, because the ones at Walmart are paper thin and in no way the real deal.

I learned that lesson with boots when I switched to Red Wings and have been wearing the same pair for almost 2 years now and they are still comfortable. I was buying $70 dickies that would completely fall apart at the 6 month mark.

*edit- anyone try these super team America jeans? https://originmaine.com/durable-goods/bottom-game/factory-denim-jeans/

Modus Man fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 29, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Geoj posted:

They dictate prices to their suppliers, suppliers respond with Walmart versions of their products that reflect the dictated price.

Yeah I know I was being sarcastic :v:

Haven't got Dickies from walmart in years, or anything else for that matter.

[e] Cripes it's 80 degrees in my house today and if it wasn't for the nice breeze I'd have to turn on the friggin AC

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 29, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Modus Man posted:

I have been buying cheap jeans and replacing them every 6 months when they wear out. I can buy clearance jeans at Walmart in 34x30 all day long for $10 in the clearance racks. I should buy some real wrangler or real Levi’s and see what the difference is, because the ones at Walmart are paper thin and in no way the real deal.

I learned that lesson with boots when I switched to Red Wings and have been wearing the same pair for almost 2 years now and they are still comfortable. I was buying $70 dickies that would completely fall apart at the 6 month mark.

*edit- anyone try these super team America jeans? https://originmaine.com/durable-goods/bottom-game/factory-denim-jeans/

Cheap Jeans club yo.

I buy the boot cut wranglers in 34x30 and usually get a full year out of them barring a large tear. I spent a bunch of money snatching up every pair of Converse One Stars from Ebay that would fit me as they're the best fitting denim I've ever worn.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

40 degrees C, 30-50kph winds, sub 15% humidity and dry lightning storms predicted this afternoon... wonder how much of the state will be on fire by this evening. Last Friday when it was similar temps and winds but less lightning we burnt 40+ thousand hectares...

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Elviscat posted:

They have one 30x34 left!

good ole "They"

STR posted:

I bought them from dickies dot com.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

He's lucky. My torso is probably a small, but my shoulders are tight in even a medium. I have to buy larges to not have the armpits bunch up and the sleeves pull, but then it feels like a tent in the torso.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ferremit posted:

40 degrees C, 30-50kph winds, sub 15% humidity and dry lightning storms predicted this afternoon... wonder how much of the state will be on fire by this evening. Last Friday when it was similar temps and winds but less lightning we burnt 40+ thousand hectares...

See how much of NSW that is on fire? Something like that.

That massive one to the north of me is literally starting to run out of anything to burn now. It's stopped on a 10,000ha fire reduction done earlier this year for the moment - hopefully that holds with tomorrow.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Raluek posted:

He's lucky. My torso is probably a small, but my shoulders are tight in even a medium. I have to buy larges to not have the armpits bunch up and the sleeves pull, but then it feels like a tent in the torso.

I have been fighting to find shirts that fit properly forever(6'2"ish, usually under 160lbs). They either fit my chest or my arms, never both. Finally a lot of places are starting to make more tall or slim options which has really helped. I just ordered a bunch of stuff from j crew(gotta love holiday sales) and found some long sleeve shirts that actually fit properly. There is also a site called tallslimtees.com that I have a couple shirts and hoodies from that I am pretty happy with. Pants aren't as bad, 32x34 is a pretty easy to find size, and most places make slim cuts now.

Of course all the high end designer clothes fit me great, but are also stupid expensive. I love theory and Ted Baker stuff, but I usually only buy their stuff when it's on crazy sales.

micro
Nov 9, 2005
Micro

Ferremit posted:

This describes even Hobart today. It should just not be hotter here in the bottom of the world than actual hot parts of the death island.

Dying.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Dishwasher now dishwashing again. Tech didn't really know what was up. Tightened some stuff and told us to keep an eye on things.

In other news, last night I made my first passable bearnaise sauce and today my first passable creme brulee. The bearnaise especially I'm quite proud of, after years of making scrambled eggs in tarragon infused melted butter.

Edit: fuckit, have a picture:

bolind fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Dec 30, 2019

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

bolind posted:

Dishwasher now dishwashing again. Tech didn't really know what was up. Tightened some stuff and told us to keep an eye on things.

In other news, last night I made my first passable bearnaise sauce and today my first passable creme brulee. The bearnaise especially I'm quite proud of, after years of making scrambled eggs in tarragon infused melted butter.

Edit: fuckit, have a picture:

Very nice. On both the dishwasher and your classic sauces. I know that to really call yourself a chef you need to master 5 classic sauces, but man, they take too much time for me.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

meatpimp posted:

to really call yourself a chef you need to master 5 classic sauces
This sounds like some kind of old kung fu movie...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

InitialDave posted:

This sounds like some kind of old kung fu movie...

Shows how much I know... bearnaise isn't even one of them, I thought it was.

For the record:

Béchamel
Velouté
Espagnole
Hollandaise
Tomato

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sensei Boyardee...can you teach me the way of the tomato...?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

Sensei Boyardee...can you teach me the way of the tomato...?
Gordon Ramsey teaches a swearing technique equivalent to dragon shouts...

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

Shows how much I know... bearnaise isn't even one of them, I thought it was.

For the record:

Béchamel
Velouté
Espagnole
Hollandaise
Tomato

Bechamel is easy, if you give it a few tries. Just a roux and some milk, it's all in how fast you pour, and keeping temperature in mind. Hollandaise is probably easier that bearnaise but harder than mayonnaise, which is a good place to start if you want to dip your toes into emulsifying various fats the French way. Can't really comment on the rest.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just read about some state laws taking effect this year, texting while driving is officially against the law now, and minimum wage has gone up ten cents! WOW!!!

That should really help the people trying to pay the loving ridiculous rent increases lately!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I encountered the most Alabama accent this morning. I think I understood 2 words she said.