Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Mraagvpeine posted:

I still lol at the time Botchcop did a spin kick to that one guy's head.
My playthrough was predominantly Phys and Mot, and stuff like that was the highlight of it.

High electrochem is also pretty hilarious. And horrifying, when it suggests stuff like, well, this:

E: further adventures of electrochem:

Tldr: High electrochemistry oscillates between :allears: and :gonk: constantly.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

One hell of an LP for one hell of a game

Thx

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

anilEhilated posted:

Gonna join in with the "Great LP" crowd, but I've still got a weird question: when the phasmid tells Harry to get over Dora, he does it in a pretty specific way, by pointing out she was middle-class. I also played a commiecop so I got the same line - is that any different if you internalize other ideologies?

As I recall it, as a centrist it called her "hell on earth".

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kanfy posted:

As I recall it, as a centrist it called her "hell on earth".

And says to turn away for all mankind, I think.

I only actually played through DE once, because My Harry felt like exactly what I wanted out of a Harry. I love reading other peoples' playthroughs but haven't had any urge to do another one because I enjoyed mine so much. I was a mournful communist cop who was deeply sensitive and fairly tough, but who spent a lot of the game getting himself together and eventually had his shining moment of shooting Kort in the face on low odds and talking to the magical hope bug. It was perfect, one of the best experiences of 2019. Re-reading it here was a pleasure.

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

This is the face of Lawful Good!

Fun Shoe
Thank you for the LP Arist, it reminds me of the kind of screen shot LP that got me to pay for an account here more than a decade ago. I'm glad to see people like you have kept it alive, and I don't think I ever would have experienced this game otherwise, let alone with your skill and thoroughness. It was a blast.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

this was a hella fun and interesting lp, thank you arist for playing this cool game! :)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eumenides posted:

Thank you for the LP Arist, it reminds me of the kind of screen shot LP that got me to pay for an account here more than a decade ago. I'm glad to see people like you have kept it alive, and I don't think I ever would have experienced this game otherwise, let alone with your skill and thoroughness. It was a blast.

Yeah, seconded. I always did like a good narrative lp and I think you did justice to the game. Thank you!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum VII: The Disco Elysium Home LP!

Well, I got sick of Botchcop, as did many of you, so we won't be continuing with him. What we will be doing is curating a list of a few of the things I missed along the way that I think you should try to see if you ever play the game for yourself.
  • Discover Kim's sordid pinball past (my biggest regret is failing the red check that would have gotten us this)
  • Pass the Conceptualization check on the wall in the alley behind the Whirling
  • Successfully find the bullet outside with Cuno and Cunoesse watching
  • Get all the armor parts
  • Successfully shoot down the corpse
  • Find [REDACTED] at the harbor gates
  • Befriend Cuno
  • Find out what happens if the tribunal goes south (well, moreso)
  • Never find out about your ex
  • Pass the karaoke check
  • Go on a date
  • Get all of Idiot Doom Spiral's stories
  • Set fire to ONE DAY I WILL RETURN TO YOUR SIDE
  • Have Volition (instead of Drama) be the one to see through Klaasje
Well, that's all, folks! See you later!

Arist fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 7, 2020

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If I missed something major in that list, I'll accept submissions for a while until I eventually lock this thread and submit it for archival. That won't happen immediately, though.

A Good Time
Dec 20, 2015

Sorry if these have been covered already, I legit can't remember:

- Go on a date
- Get all of Idiot Doom Spiral's stories

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ItsDisposable posted:

Sorry if these have been covered already, I legit can't remember:

- Go on a date
- Get all of Idiot Doom Spiral's stories

I'm mad I forgot about "go on a date"!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
- Set fire to that message in the street written in fuel and your own blood

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I find the idea of doing another playthrough very hard, because I too played Harry like myself, so I feel any other attempt is just... Me being false?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wonder if there's an "optimal build/combo" that would allow you to get through every red check. Other than that, I forgot to say thanks for the LP! It took a long time, but it was quite the ride.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

The optimal build for red checks is constantly doing drugs to boost your stats

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So when is The Final Cut LP coming :haw:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I fear I may have accidentally formed a precedent here with my Royal LP. That said, um, no, I'm probably not going to LP Final Cut. At least not until that one's over. So... see you guys in 2026 at my current rate of progress.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That said, I'm so glad I managed to wipe my hands of this before that announcement happened, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I really wish I was here for the rest of the LP, but it was an incredible experience and now I'm itching to do a playthrough of my very own. That confrontation with the mercs is just incredible. Thanks for dedicating so much of your time to this LP.