Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

remember when weed used to be chill? i do. but over the last decade, in many western states and now across the nation weed has stopped being chill. everyone's favourite plant is no longer grown and delivered by their friends and neighbours. it's sealed up in little containers and sold back to them by rich dudes that don't even blaze. america's last cottage industry is being regulated and handed over to the fat cats under the guise of "legalization"

that's why i think it's time for opium. i know it sounds crazy but hear me out. it's still federally illegal, and it will be for a long time. i'm pretty sure you can smoke it in pipes and bongs and stuff so all that still works. it comes straight from a plant with no processing needed other than drying it out, sound familiar? all natural baby. milk of the poppy. by purchasing it these days you're providing much needed wealth transfer to disadvantaged people across the globe, and if someone you know wants to start growing it in national parks you could support them and that'd be cool

just a thought. pic unrelated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Primate

if we're gonna start smoking opium then I'm also gonna start solving crimes like Sherlock Holmes (because he smoked opium)

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I grow opium poppies in my yard every spring OP. It’s perfectly legal

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

hmmmmmm

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

owlhawk911

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I grow opium poppies in my yard every spring OP. It’s perfectly legal

i searched this to find out (duckduckgo not google :cool:) and found this really well put together and not at all weird webpage that begs to differ. kind of? i think?

https://organicalbotanicals.com/is-the-somniferum-opium-poppy-legal-in-the-usa/

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Heather Papps

hello friend

I THINK and this is maybe wrong, any old poppy can be made into a drug if you cut the pods and harvest the excretion and then process it

i mean i know old hobo road dogs who buy bulk poppy seeds and make low level opiate tea daily so

alnilam

Lovely Primate posted:

if we're gonna start smoking opium then I'm also gonna start solving crimes like Sherlock Holmes (because he smoked opium)

Getting high on opium and accidentally solving the crime of who illegally made the opium, cutting off your supply

ty manifisto

Macnult

alnilam posted:

Getting high on opium and accidentally solving the crime of who illegally made the opium, cutting off your supply

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

owlhawk911 posted:

i searched this to find out (duckduckgo not google :cool:) and found this really well put together and not at all weird webpage that begs to differ. kind of? i think?

https://organicalbotanicals.com/is-the-somniferum-opium-poppy-legal-in-the-usa/
It's one of those off things where intent matters a whole lot as i understand it and I just look at them and save the seeds to cook with. If i started milking the pods with the intent to manufacture a narcotic, that would be bad. I'd honestly rather grow the red corn poppies but they don't do as well here. The seeds came to me through a few different hands but started out in some old cajun lady's yard and I don't think she was a heroin dealer.

you can theoretically make poppy tea from the leaves/seeds too.

Goons Are Gifts

There are so many good recreational and safe drugs out there op, what convinced you to root for opium in specific? What's the pro/con situation here and on a scale of 1 to 10, how many joints do you need to get high on opium?

owlhawk911

alnilam posted:

this is a good post and

Heather Papps posted:

old hobo road dog
this is a good username

owlhawk911

Goons Are Great posted:

There are so many good recreational and safe drugs out there op, what convinced you to root for opium in specific? What's the pro/con situation here and on a scale of 1 to 10, how many joints do you need to get high on opium?

i'm not really stuck on opium in particular, my issue here is that as stated in the title "weed isn't chill anymore". i guess opium came to mind for well... the reasons stated in the op i worked so hard on :(. i like that the man doesn't want me to have it and think it would encourage rebels and outsiders to gather and help fund their lifestyles like weed used to when it was chill. having something chill to do together helps you bond with friends and just plain feels good. i like that it's just a plant that grows like weed used to when it was chill and that i will still be able to put it in my pipe and pass it around with friends as evidenced by this photograph

sure there's a scary association with heroin and all the pharmaceuticals derived from it, but these days the crazy weed extracts at the stores are closer to that sort of thing than honest, all natural opium would be. you need torches and stuff to smoke them and it's not very chill at all. i don't know how many joint it will take to get high on opium, but i look forward to finding out

owlhawk911

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

It's one of those off things where intent matters a whole lot as i understand it and I just look at them and save the seeds to cook with. If i started milking the pods with the intent to manufacture a narcotic, that would be bad. I'd honestly rather grow the red corn poppies but they don't do as well here. The seeds came to me through a few different hands but started out in some old cajun lady's yard and I don't think she was a heroin dealer.

you can theoretically make poppy tea from the leaves/seeds too.

she sounds chill and the process of those seeds coming into your hands is exactly what i'm talking about here. i don't think she was a heroin dealer either, that's an unchill association we'll have to deal with if we want this opium thing to take off, but that she probably wasn't ignorant of the properties of what she grew

pros:
*all-natural
*can be easily smoked/shared
*organic
*fair trade
*locally sourced

cons:
*addictive?

Goons Are Gifts

What if, and hear me out on this, what if opium is actually a kind of weed??

owlhawk911

Goons Are Great posted:

What if, and hear me out on this, what if opium is actually a kind of weed??

you know i feel like it is, in a lot of ways. it's at least close enough that "weed" would still be a good slang term

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Add to pros/cons lists:
Pro:
*stops you from pooping to death if you have diarrhea
*fast acting, chillls you the gently caress out
*opium-eater is possibly a cooler word than stoner
*mad old-school
*you can mix it with booze and get drunk and high at the same time and laudanum is a cool word

Cons:
*makes you constipated
*pretty addictive
*may start wars with imperial china (possibly also a pro-depends on the perspective I guess)

Macnult

comparing comedic potential:

weed:
what’re you gonna say? “wee!” or something? you are a child

opium:
wayyyy funnier.
you’re saying “pee” every time you mention it.
“oh.. pee? um...”
always knocks ‘em dead in the opium den lol hey mark did you get that i just said it again haha wake up my man i just said the pee joke i said wake up dude

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

owlhawk911 posted:

this is a good post and

this is a good username

same can be said of yours and you friend

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
My take:

Pro: drugs
Con: drufgs

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Drugds*

Heather Papps

hello friend

i just smoked a weed and i have to offer my retort

:chillout:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
weed hasn't been byob for over a year now op, i thought we had gone straight to black tar heroin at our last byobcon voting circle

nut

Pro: fessional
Con: fessional

owlhawk911

Dick Bastardly posted:

same can be said of yours and you friend
:cheers:

Luvcow posted:

weed hasn't been byob for over a year now op, i thought we had gone straight to black tar heroin at our last byobcon voting circle
i missed it and didn't get the memo, i've been on a vision quest. i'm really glad we came to similar conclusions but i'm curious why opium was passed over in favour of a more processed, more addictive product?

Heather Papps posted:

i just smoked a weed and i have to offer my retort

:chillout:
retorting isn't the most chill pursuit, maybe you should try some opium

Heather Papps

hello friend

owlhawk911 posted:

retorting isn't the most chill pursuit, maybe you should try some opium

oh that was a typo i meant to spell "report"

owlhawk911

cut slices into poppies, weed makes you make retorts
inhalation, deep breathing
opium's great and i love how i'm feelin'

cda

by Hand Knit

alnilam posted:

owlhawk911

Heather Papps posted:

oh that was a typo i meant to spell "report"

otoh typos are definitely chill. i will take this into consideration

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

owlhawk911 posted:

cut slices into poppies, weed makes you make retorts
inhalation, deep breathing
opium's great and i love how i'm feelin'

Escape From Noise

But I like pooping?

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
weed isn't chill you know what's chill??? DMT :catdrugs:

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Crypto Cobain

by Reene
Weed isn't legal here in the northeast so it's still chill for me.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
weed isn't chill b/c u are burning it, dummy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crypto Cobain

by Reene

Nosfereefer posted:

weed isn't chill b/c u are burning it, dummy
Oh poo poo, we have been got by this master of logic.

But wait, what if I vape it or use an ice bong?

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
the slogan for my new line of ice-chambered bongs

"weed is chill again"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

owlhawk911

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Weed isn't legal here in the northeast so it's still chill for me.

this "not my problem" attitude, while undeniably super chill, only hurts us all in the end. i'm sorry but weed won't just stay chill where you are forever

anyways i've been thinking about the pooping thing. multiple people in this thread brought this to my attention so i did another online search when i got back from my walk and it's true. my search was complicated by the fact that "opium poops" and "opium pooping" are very similar queries to "opium poppies" and so did not at first return discrete results, but it's true: if you blaze down on opium you won't poop right. sources say your poops will be 'dry and hard' and 'require significant muscle contraction effort to effectively eliminate...from the body'

that doesn't sound chill at all. it was for a minute when i was giggling about 'opium poopies' but the reality is more complicated than that. while some might argue that not even bothering to poo poo is a whole new level of chill i disagree. to me that sounds ice cold (but if you think about it too much isn't ice cold just another level of chill?) and i don't know if i'm ready to go there. i'm sorry guys. i thought i had something there. but at the same time this sort of workshopping is exactly the type of support needed to help address the real issue here:

weed is becoming less and less chill by the day. for millions of people across the country, myself included, it's already not chill at all. it's super lame, and i've visited places where i would even have to say it's bogus. if we don't find an alternative soon i am honestly concerned that the skills of tunin in turnin off and just fuckin kickin' back as a community will be lost on a generational level, and that is the saddest thing i can even imagine.

the weed house is always the band house too, where will the bands play? music doesn't pay poo poo, gigs are hard to get, venues are expensive. if you listen to cool music it probably wouldn't have been able to exist if weed wasn't chill. i don't know where i'd be today if weed hadn't been chill when i was growing up, and i fear for the sanity of anyone trying to grow up without a genuinely chill experience available to participate in. maybe they will hack up some sort of virtual reality cyberstatic chillzone and everything will be alright. maybe that's what this is. maybe they already have and i'm getting old and out of touch. all i really know is that weed isn't chill anymore, and i wish that it was

Mr. Dick

by Cyrano4747
If you really want to support the underground, op, Mr. Dick is pretty sure you can still pick up barrel weed to help fund drug cartels.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

the unabonger
weed was never chill

the unabonger
weed was a psyop established by the us government in the 20’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
ill say it; if you smoke weed your a cop