Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

cda posted:

ndeed thats what necropolitics suggests is the response to the deterritorialization of biopolitical sovereignty. mbembe suggests that the suicide bomber is the central necropolitical figure because they dispose of themselves in a way that makes them useless as a resource

That actually sounds interesting. Gonna add this stuff to my to-read queue

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Foucault, more like faux-chill

ty manifisto

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

cda posted:

in all seriousness the medicalization and then legalization of marijuana is precisely what foucault was talking about when he talked about biopower and biopolitics; the historical change from a juridical system based around a sovereignty expressed through the power to kill, to a scientific system based around a sovereignty expressed through the power to force you to stay alive. could even be what mbembe called the necropolitical which is a deterritorialized economic system, based around a sovereignty expressed through the power to extract from human beings every single bit of their resource value. not chill.

this is absolutely correct, but i am just a simple man and now i'm drunk. if the man wants to try and kill me whatever, who cares. but if he makes it impossible for me to live for myself i mean, what the heck do you do with that? i want to share my energy and the value i can provide with other people, not let it be extracted and spend my cut at the weed store. weed isn't chill anymore, but i guess the real question is is anything? is genuine chill even still possible and if so where can it be found? in a world so unchill what's left for us?

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Mr. Dick

by Cyrano4747

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

lol

ty manifisto

owlhawk911

what a powerful work of art. this guy gets it. what happened to weed? what happened... to us?

Mr. Dick

by Cyrano4747

owlhawk911 posted:

this is absolutely correct, but i am just a simple man and now i'm drunk. if the man wants to try and kill me whatever, who cares. but if he makes it impossible for me to live for myself i mean, what the heck do you do with that? i want to share my energy and the value i can provide with other people, not let it be extracted and spend my cut at the weed store. weed isn't chill anymore, but i guess the real question is is anything? is genuine chill even still possible and if so where can it be found? in a world so unchill what's left for us?

Society forcing you into a unchill mold isnt new. What has changed is that, by more people smoking more and better weed, acute awareness of the structural unchill becomes impossible to avoid. It is a contradiction of capitalism.

----------------

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
the weakness of marx' analysis was him not realizing that the real antithesis of capitalism was weed

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cda

by Hand Knit

Nosfereefer posted:

the weakness of marx' analysis was him not realizing that the real antithesis of capitalism was weed

what are you talking about. weed is the opiate of the masses

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
water is nature's fruit juice

----------------

SardonicTyrant

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

cda posted:

water is nature's fruit juice
This is violence.

Heather Papps

hello friend

smoke a weed :evilbuddy:

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

cda

by Hand Knit

SardonicTyrant posted:

This is violence.

a giraffe is what happens when nature tries to make a horse

----------------

Heather Papps

hello friend

weed

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i've rsigned myself to store my weed in the freezer

maybe the weed all over the world is heating up, but at least my weed is still chill

Nosfereefer

*serving thc-infused ice cream*
"see, it's like weed, but still chill as hell"

Nosfereefer

as weed all around the globe plummeted in chillness, desperate measures were taken

unsafe experiments in liquid nitrogen containing bongs, drug tourism to the poles

before the end, they even tried to send weed into the heatless vacuum of outer space

FutonForensic

to preserve weed's countercultural reputation, i volunteer myself to be the first person to die from smoking 2 much weed

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

FutonForensic posted:

to preserve weed's countercultural reputation, i volunteer myself to be the first person to die from smoking 2 much weed

I second this poast

my life 4 byob :patriot:

cda

by Hand Knit

FutonForensic posted:

if u do this you legally become attorney general of the United States

owlhawk911

FutonForensic posted:

i've tried that in the past, but met with only limited success. good luck and godspeed

it's harvest day. it was last night and it still is. harvest days are long these days. once this was my favourite day of the year, but now we're just going through the motions. chopping and hanging branch after branch of sticky buds, trimming nug after dank nug and dropping them in plastic totes. sifting trim into mountains of kief and shoveling them inexorably into the press. the purpose-bought weed butter machine is churning through its second batch of the day, extracting every last bit of the leaf's goodness into hot oil. we try to chill and blaze over its mechanized hum, turn up the music a little but it just isn't the same. weed isn't chill anymore. perhaps we were too chill... after all, we let this happen

please. if anyone can tell me what's chill like weed used to be, please do. weed isn't chill anymore and i don't know what to do

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Me **sinking into a giant vat of liquid nitrogen while giving the thumbs up sign and hitting a bong**

I WILL make it chill again!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
autumn campfires are still chill op

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You know what's chill? Weed, says me, definitely not a cop

nut

hamjobs posted:

You know what's chill? Weed, says me, definitely not a cop

hi kids, these h8ers, kids, they got me stressing no cap deadass, finna cop me some *reads* an gel dust so i canna finna relax

owlhawk911

prepuce repurposed posted:

autumn campfires are still chill op

autumn campfires are still chill. collecting dead wood from the forest to burn, tending nature's garden and being comforted with light and warmth in return. breaking bread with friends. watching the flames dance and stars spin. such moments are precious and i don't mean to devalue them here

but when weed was chill, it was way chiller than that. it was so chill that a whole lifestyle froze around it, and autumn campfires are fleeting things. i guess weed was too, in the end, but it seemed like it would last forever. i can't imagine even the chillest autumn campfire supporting a band for more than like 3 weeks tops before someone had to get a job, whereas weed sustained many ultra-chill jam spaces for years. what could replace that? wire-wrapped crystal jewlery? hacking/piracy? t-shirt printing? homemade jams and jellies? those are the best options i can come up with, i am pursuing all these avenues and more (including autumn campfires) but none of them are nearly as chill as weed used to be when it was chill. weed isn't chill anymore, i guess that's just a hard reality for me to accept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Dick

by Cyrano4747
Mr. Dick bets spending all day in bed alternately loving and napping is still pretty chill.

----------------