Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Garrick's 13 intelligence gives him a stunning 55% success rate scribing scrolls, which makes him functionally illiterate unless you're savescumming like mad or playing at low difficulties where scroll scribing is guaranteed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

FairGame posted:

Or you have him drink a potion of genius, which the game offers numerous copies of and for really no purpose other than this, before going on a scribing binge.

That still only gets him up to 75% success rate, which is super bad for an ironman run. Guy's dumb.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
It absolutely trivializes the Cloakwood, since skeletons are immune to poison and heavily resistant to piercing damage, which is everything spiders and ettercaps deal.

Skeleton poison immunity also means they're immune to Stinking Cloud, so using them to gum up enemies while you stank up the battlefield is really effective.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Rest in peace big rizzle

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Unfortunately AC becomes essentially meaningless late in the saga. All the real enemies have such incredible THAC0s that they'll hit you no matter how much you invest in getting your AC down. Everything else just dies to a single Horrid Wilting so they don't get to attack anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Yeah Jaheira is probably the tankiest NPC in the series and that's despite the druid armor restrictions.