Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Idahoant posted:

Edwin is great but because I am not playing a caster and he can't cast identify, I need to add someone else. I was thinking of getting Garrick but I might just keep Imoen and dual her, Garrick is just too terrible.

Garrick can use wands which automatically makes him OP for BG1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
If you buy a single stack of +1 ammo, vamp wolves are free 2000 exp with some kiting. It's how I (used to) jump start my runs. Also, Imoen's wand of missiles.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Liches and rakshasas are immune to spell levels 1 through 5 so you can't breach or dispel their protections. An inquisitor's dispel will still work because it has no level.

Demi-liches are immune to spell levels 1-9. Don't use magic.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Beamdog didn't rename items, just swapped what's displayed on the tooltip from the item type to the item name (if it has one).

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Errr do you have mods installed? I don't run an evil party very often but I kill Firkraag with Edwin in the party every single time.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
I've grown to appreciate chaos, especially in SoD. It just ends fights before they even start.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

cheesetriangles posted:

My run has completely stalled as I stand around for hours IRL trying to get Jaheria's quest to continue. I've had a few events happen regarding her Harper plot over that time but not enough to finish it. Maybe I should just move on and leave it unfinished.

Are you romancing her?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
There are *38* events in Jaheira's romance. The others only have 20 something. It's intertwined with the Harper plot so you only get her amulet at the end of it.

The event most people get stuck on is sleeping outside and waking up to an ambush. I found that resting outside De'arnise's Keep usually triggers it.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
IIRC high charisma lowers the odds of feuding NPCs trying to kill each other. Leaving when rep reaches 19 seems to be automatic.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
In non-EE BG2 ioun stones and anything else for that matter protected against crits because the head slot was hardcoded to provide crit protection if it was occupied.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Yeah it's pretty dumb how you aren't warned which NPCs leave and which stick around after the initial dungeon.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
The bronze statue is a run ender. Unless you have a wand of ice. Then it keels over in 2 hits.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Korgan doesn't have damage mitigation until HLA's. Every hit that goes through AC does full damage to his HP.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
For example: Jaheira, despite having a lot less total HP than Korgan, is a lot more resilient because of iron skins + armor of faith.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Fighter/druids don't have any armor restrictions in BG. Jaheira can wear full plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Did SCS nerf potions of magic shielding? Automatic saves mean Aec can't silence, paralyze or gaze anyone.