Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

LeeMajors posted:

It’s almost amazing how nakedly the Trump admin is going to extraordinary lengths to gently caress normal people. Just in every way possible. Threatening their lives, livelihood, shelter, FOOD....

Just daring us to riot and give them a well-deserved and aggressive haircut.

I don't think it is going to get to the point of riots. They will throw us a few scraps to keep us from being completely obliterated. They will go back to their brunches and social clubs while we are left to pick up the pieces of our lives that their bad judgement has ruined. There will never be any consequences for them. I have accepted that. It is so enraging and causes me to want to just destroy things, but I know that is not going to help anything and at worst my son will see his dad teach him a lesson in anger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

ManBoyChef posted:

I don't think it is going to get to the point of riots. They will throw us a few scraps to keep us from being completely obliterated. They will go back to their brunches and social clubs while we are left to pick up the pieces of our lives that their bad judgement has ruined. There will never be any consequences for them. I have accepted that. It is so enraging and causes me to want to just destroy things, but I know that is not going to help anything and at worst my son will see his dad teach him a lesson in anger.

poo poo even when they try to throw us scraps they can’t competently administer them to the point where we even see benefit. It’s remarkable.

I don’t even know what to do anymore. My wife can work from home and my work is recession proof (if not currently life-threatening) so the 2900$ pittance isn’t make or break for us but I can’t imagine how this would have hit us years ago when she still had loans and we had no loving overhead and both our jobs were more precarious.

I’ve watched the entire hospitality industry collapse in on itself here and my heart is broken for these folks who have no help in a city with exorbitant rents within a state with lovely social services.

Throw in the crushing debt of a hospitalization....

tinderbox.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1247670088792076289

This is the same FUCKER who a week ago was begging for donations, because HE KNOWS HE'S GOING TO LOSE.

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 8, 2020

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Willo567 posted:

This is the same FUCKER who a week ago was begging for donations, because HE KNOWS HE'S GOING TO LOSE.

I mean, he also can't do that, because the rest of the subcommittee would have to go along with it, and if they did the House will just roll their eyes and add the funds back into their version and nobody needs Lindsey Graham's lone vote to clear reconciliation. It would take a organized effort by the majority of Republicans to defund the WHO, and if they did that it's not on Lindsey Graham.

Lindsey Graham is a dumb, irrelevant, impotent fucker and news organizations need to stop granting him automatic interviews.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Why do Republicans want to punish the WHO now?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Willo567 posted:

This party has lost its mind. They are doing the bidding of a narcissistic scumbag grifter that is just trying to shift blame for his anemic response to a loving crisis. This sucks. When I was making great money I should have moved out of this bullshit country. Now I'm too poor to leave.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Arglebargle III posted:

Because Trump says they're in league with China

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Arglebargle III posted:

Desperately looking for a scapegoat as to why they ignored this crisis for so long

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I mean, he also can't do that, because the rest of the subcommittee would have to go along with it, and if they did the House will just roll their eyes and add the funds back into their version and nobody needs Lindsey Graham's lone vote to clear reconciliation. It would take a organized effort by the majority of Republicans to defund the WHO, and if they did that it's not on Lindsey Graham.

Lindsey Graham is a dumb, irrelevant, impotent fucker and news organizations need to stop granting him automatic interviews.

The ONLY WAY things will change is if there's MASS protesting every single day outside the offices of EVERY TRUMP ENABLER in the House and Senate.

When Graham leaves this world, no one will remember him, and he will have contributed NOTHING but pain and sorrow.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
oh people will remember him. just as one of the biggest cowards to ever hold office.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/BennettJohnT/status/1247670773059387392

Shocker, Graham has no loving idea how the government works!

Well, I guess when your parents make you work in a bar at age 12 and allow you to take hits of cigarettes and moon shine, it's bound to cause some brain damage

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

DrNutt posted:

Oh that's actually good news! I wonder when we might actually start seeing it. My UI is terrible because instead of going by my most recent year of employment it's going off of the previous year, when I was working part time at a non-profit.

Yeah if you talk to UI people they will 100% tell you that there's nothing in place yet because it's still higher ups figuring out how it's going to work. But from the guidance you can at least tell stuff like first week payable for the $600(04/04 if your state isn't especially bad). But when it starts going out is anyone's guess

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LOL this is so stupid.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The only channel he goes on is Fox News

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Graham is a morons moron.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/BennettJohnT/status/1247670773059387392

Shocker, Graham has no loving idea how the government works!

Well, I guess when your parents make you work in a bar at age 12 and allow you to take hits of cigarettes and moon shine, it's bound to cause some brain damage

What? I wasn't aware of his backstory.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

I don't know if this is true, but I certainly don't doubt the existence of an overly authoritative officer abusing his power because he's "worried" about people gathering in large groups of two.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

VH4Ever posted:

What? I wasn't aware of his backstory.

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/lindsey-graham-memoir-119045

This is the most damning (and hilarous) part

quote:

As a C student in high school, Graham blurted out to his teacher, “I want to be governor.” His classmates laughed at his credulity.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Oh that's actually good news! I wonder when we might actually start seeing it. My UI is terrible because instead of going by my most recent year of employment it's going off of the previous year, when I was working part time at a non-profit.

Yeah I just got rejected in NC because they went by my Q4 earnings of 2019 and are saying I didn't make enough and they're also giving me no way to protest that which is great so idk what the gently caress

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Arglebargle III posted:

Useful scapegoat, can claim they are globalists so they hate America.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Koalas March posted:

Yeah I just got rejected in NC because they went by my Q4 earnings of 2019 and are saying I didn't make enough and they're also giving me no way to protest that which is great so idk what the gently caress

gently caress, I'm sorry KM. That really sucks and I hope there'll be a way for that to be fixed at some point. Leaving this up to the poo poo show of individual states' seems like it will pretty much be defeating the point of the 500b designated for this assistance.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I thought OANN lost their press pass

The White House invited the correspondent as a guest.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Not to turn this thread into all UI chat, but the base period they're looking at should have changed this past Sunday, so you could try filing another claim with the new base period and seeing if that helps(unless you just filed this week, in which case obviously it would not)

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

ManBoyChef posted:

I thought economic inequality in the GWB era was already worth rioting over. :( It's never going to happen.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

HappyHippo posted:

Skimming that article, it doesn't appear to mention that the system was in fact designed to fail by Rick Scott. They didn't gently caress up, it's working as intended by making it as difficult as possible to collect unemployment.

quote:

Privately, Republicans admit that the $77.9 million system that is now failing Florida workers is doing exactly what Scott designed it to do — lower the state’s reported number of jobless claims after the great recession.

“It’s a sh-- sandwich, and it was designed that way by Scott,” said one DeSantis advisor. “It wasn’t about saving money. It was about making it harder for people to get benefits or keep benefits so that the unemployment numbers were low to give the governor something to brag about.”

It's amazing to see a Republican Governor complain that "The other Republican Governor made it too hard to get unemployment benefits! I agree with him that we should make it as difficult as possible, but only when it keeps thousands of people spread out over a year kicked off! We have hundreds of thousands in a week and we need it now!"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RPZip posted:

Pretty sure the Governor has control over the State Troopers and could direct them to shutter all polling places. If he doesn't even have the authority to give directives to state-level law enforcement I'll withdraw my complaint about him being a coward, though.

there are 400ish state troopers and 4000ish voting precincts

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It would be funny if the republicans lost that state SC seat in Wisconsin but that won't happen.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

They already closed all but 5 of the 184 polling locations in Madison and Milwaukee.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

joe football posted:

Not to turn this thread into all UI chat, but the base period they're looking at should have changed this past Sunday, so you could try filing another claim with the new base period and seeing if that helps(unless you just filed this week, in which case obviously it would not)

Hmm. I filed 3/21 so yeah. Will do, thank you!

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
okay what the gently caress is this

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1247692405069033477?s=21

why is this administration going full bond villian now

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Koalas March posted:

Condolences. :(

Ugh, hopefully my dumbass business stays afloat due to its "essential" nature because if they go under and I have to file unemployment, going by how much I made last year I'm hosed too. Also hosed in a different way if I catch the roni being an "essential" so...

...And I'm doing the Trump thing of making this about me when I'm fine and you're not. Sorry. Just sorry overall, everything sucks right now.

edit:

joe football posted:

Oh that's promising! Thread moves fast, gracia.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

DukeDuke posted:

They are trying to kill is all

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Isn't there some global agreement that the moon doesn't belong to any particular nation, and things like this are expressly forbidden? I know it won't matter to Trump, but I swear I read that somewhere.

Edit - derp, they talk about it in that very article

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1247697357195685895

Trump is literally going to kill his voters

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

DukeDuke posted:

What the actual gently caress

I see he's just going to retreat to Moonbase Alpha now after the eventual revolt/ war he causes

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I initially read that as in laying minefields on or around the moon so other countries' Space Forces would blow up and I was like well sure of course

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arglebargle III posted:

they are trying to blame who for their own gently caress ups because WHO didnt say we needed to let the cleaners loose in china and seal off all borders for a week or some poo poo.

yeah. trumps gonna push for full openings this weekend.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
but TRU instead.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

DukeDuke posted:

Oxy-Chew is real my friend. We could all be kept alive indefinitely by a terrible-tasting treat, but that would be disastrous for the economy so let's just leave that option for our space mining slaves.

edit:

Arglebargle III posted:

I did not expect to be linked to a Duck-Tales wiki.

Apologies, I never saw much of the'80s show but read a poo poo-ton of old duck comics as a kid so I recently binged the current cartoon and loving loved it. I'm sure I'm missing a ton of references to the old cartoon but the comic book (and video game?) references are amazing.

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I did not expect to be linked to a Duck-Tales wiki.