Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Free Tiny Brontosaurus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tatsuta Age posted:

The right loves Saudi Arabia though so the narrative will be the same as white people who do a terrorism whoopsie: "lone wolf"

They’ll use him to justify the invasion of Iran just like the last time Saudis murdered a bunch of Americans.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

I won't :toxx: for much, but I'll :toxx: that he doesn't win the popular vote.
If he wins he will likely win the PV. I cannot imagine whichever candidate goes up against him would be dumb enough to buy into poo poo like “firewalls”. But who knows with this loving country.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

CaPensiPraxis posted:

Re: being able to see your neighbor's voter registration details, North Carolina allows anyone to look up registration details including home address of anyone registered in NC with only a good guess at their first and last name.

On a whim I looked at all of the administrators of my [former] nursing school, who uniformly register republican. I now know where they all live, too! Creepy.

drat. Can you then even request your data to be hidden in case you have a reason to fear stalkers?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

VitalSigns posted:

Free Tiny Brontosaurus

Preach

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

theflyingorc posted:

It's from before they likely knew anything at all about what happened and that the cops are who shot him.

If that wasn't the sentiment they wanted out there right now they'd have maybe deleted the tweet but definitely pinned a different one. It's just the kind of mealy-mouth garbage you get from someone trying to reconcile the irreconcilable.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Nikki is dumber than I remember, and I remember her being pretty dumb

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I permatoxxed that Trump won't win in 2020 :patriot:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

VitalSigns posted:

Free Tiny Brontosaurus

They just got perma banned again in the r/relationships thread

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

If he wins he will likely win the PV. I cannot imagine whichever candidate goes up against him would be dumb enough to buy into poo poo like “firewalls”. But who knows with this loving country.

He could easily do what he did last time, which defeat a huge pile of wasted votes in high-population blue states by winning by a hair in several low-population states. The only question is to what degree the latter have turned against him due to 4 years of getting directly hosed over.

In theory the electoral collage could allow someone to win with ~20% of the popular vote, but the states would all have to vote in ways wildly divergent from reality.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

God drat it, this is so hosed up.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bush's approval rating on the eve of reelection was just shy of 50 percent (and that was after tumbling quite a bit). Trump's never topped 47 percent and that was right after his inauguration. He's the only president in polling history to not spend even a day with at least half the country approving of him.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Munkeymon posted:

If that wasn't the sentiment they wanted out there right now they'd have maybe deleted the tweet but definitely pinned a different one. It's just the kind of mealy-mouth garbage you get from someone trying to reconcile the irreconcilable.

You have to weigh the benefit of taking down the thank-u cops-tweet versus the risk of getting gun down in a "drug deal gone bad" if you hurt the cops' feelings

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

is there no end to the unjust tyranny of the mods

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

“Racists ruined my racism” (there’s a Preacher bit about this.)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
gently caress ICE

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
gently caress Cops

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kevinreinosoo/status/1202742863785840645?s=09

https://twitter.com/brrrivan/status/1202747153585758208?s=19

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Winter doesn't start for another couple weeks :colbert:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Winter doesn't start for another couple weeks :colbert:

Meteorologically speaking, December is the start of winter.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

SalTheBard posted:

Yeah, TB was back as “Extremely Online”, and got perma’d for posting Extremely Online things. As much as I appreciated the TB of old, that one was well-deserved.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Pants Donkey posted:

You don't have to plan your electoral strategy poorly to still do the win PV / lose EV thing

In fact, as I've said a bunch of times, if Clinton had heavily campaigned in Michigan and Wisconsin, and turned both of those states...she would have still lost Pennsylvania, and therefore the election. Most analysis has the "PV loss/ EV win" thing for Trump as MORE LIKELY this time than last time.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

VitalSigns posted:

Free Tiny Brontosaurus

So say we all.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Kerning Chameleon posted:

From the standpoint of weather, December is the start of the bigger cold. Probably a lot colder than fall, no one ever really talks about it but winter is cold, I won't say it on record, but it is and I won't say this to anyone out loud but winter is cold.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
In case you thought that it was only our political and law enforcement systems that give off the scent of madness...

https://twitter.com/associatesmind/status/1202684341454823425

https://twitter.com/associatesmind/status/1202684537404309504

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

goddammit, where the hell is the :trumpsay: emote, this was great

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

AmiYumi posted:

Yeah, TB was back as “Extremely Online”, and got perma’d for posting Extremely Online things. As much as I appreciated the TB of old, that one was well-deserved.

Pitch perfect username with regards to recent content.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Hey FoolofSound, could we get the GoonPAC thread put in the OP?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896206

As for content, I am writing up a bunch of effort posts on what local gov elected positions are actually responsible for because no one seems to really understand what the school board, county commissioner, board of supervisors, etc actually does. Stay tuned goons!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Party of Lincoln!

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1203022899440955393?s=21

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Spiffster posted:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1202981139155210241?s=21

Gotta deadline tonight Donnie. Gonna keep pissing it away on twitter or actually do something productive?

yeah I know the answer already

HEY SPIFFSTER! Havent seen you in a while. How is it going in your organizing neck of the woods?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

friendbot2000 posted:

Hey FoolofSound, could we get the GoonPAC thread put in the OP?

Done.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Why did Fitzpatrick vote for?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Dick Trauma posted:

In case you thought that it was only our political and law enforcement systems that give off the scent of madness...

https://twitter.com/associatesmind/status/1202684341454823425

https://twitter.com/associatesmind/status/1202684537404309504

Am I reading this right that that's a plaintiff's lawyer?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Munkeymon posted:

Am I reading this right that that's a plaintiff's lawyer?

yeah, the world's angriest lawyer

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

VitalSigns posted:

Free Tiny Brontosaurus

I don't like verbally abusive people, so no thanks.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Lightning Knight posted:

Why did Fitzpatrick vote for?

R+1 district and he is ranked as one of the most bi-partisan congressmen. His brother was also a congressman in Pennsylvania and was considered bi-partisan too so I assume he ran on being a moderate conservative.

It’s another dead on arrival bill so it doesn’t mean much.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

luxury handset posted:

yeah, the world's angriest lawyer

Yep, and that judge is apparently (according to Popehat at least) not one to gently caress with. The judge responded to the motion requiring the lawyer *and* his clients to appear before him in court to get his full response. Seemingly so the lawyer can't try to soften the inevitable bitchslapping when he would have to explain it to his clients later.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
USPOL General Winter: The Long Dick of the Law

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Long Baby Arm of the Law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

empty whippet box posted:

State of america: Cops bad, cop dogs situationally OK but need rescue doggo from popo, Trump bad, all Republicans know how to do is lie, cheat, steal, charge they phone, go to jail and eat hot chip.

Literally "we appreciate law enforcement murdering our employee"

They are deeply saddened, but appreciate law enforcement murdering their service provider.

If anyone doesn't think this a deeply fascist and authoritarian country, read that statement again.