Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Dick

by Cyrano4747

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dads Dip Cup

I would like to sign the card please :wave:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

alnilam posted:

optionally you can follow the links to the cards when they are posted and follow up saying hi to our neighbors in other fora

w-we're allowed to post in the other forums!? 0_0

death sext

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

it's a winter holiday miracle!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

I send out a customary PM to the Mods of some of the other forums that the card is posted in, once the card is posted we then go and spread holiday cheer like butter on warm bread, and people return the courtesy- filled with all the joy and incredulousness one might expect from someone used to the perceived coldness of a comedy website such as Somethingawful.com when one encounters the unanticipated and yet remarkably unspoiled milk of human kindness.

In a word- FUN!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The plan is, pending Admin approval of course to post this in CSpam, PI, GBS, Goon Doctor, PYF, BFC (A/T sub-forum), GIP, DIY, FYAD (sorry, bad timing) and Creative Convention's "Year-long Goonmail and Holiday Card Exchange" thread on Tuesday night, December 24th.

I just got approval from FYAD and I will be sending out other PMs shortly to the other forums mentioned.

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 10, 2019

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I am in for being part of the card if it wasn't clear from my last post.

Cat might not happen, but I will! I'll try and get the cat too.

sig by owlhawk911

Goons Are Gifts

Important question: Can we show off our amazing sigs in the grey forums if it's related to the cart??

Because I know many of you might not know, but sigs for some reason do not exist in the grey, I found out about that a week ago.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

pixaal posted:

I am in for being part of the card if it wasn't clear from my last post.

Cat might not happen, but I will! I'll try and get the cat too.

:)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Goons Are Great posted:

Important question: Can we show off our amazing sigs in the grey forums if it's related to the cart??

Because I know many of you might not know, but sigs for some reason do not exist in the grey, I found out about that a week ago.

I show off mine and encourage you do the same (in the card thread only, of course) :)

Goons Are Gifts

Oh god the responsibility, I hope I can find the cart thread and won't accidentally post my sig in every single other thread the forums have like we do it in the yob. SO MUCH PRESSURE

MockingQuantum

have a contribution:

thank you luvcow for the sig

Escape From Noise

I meant to say. I'm in it (the card) to win it (the holidays)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

MockingQuantum posted:

have a contribution:

Yay! :peanut:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
So far we have:

Nut Heather Papps Goons Are Great Kaiser Schnitzel Death Sext Alnilam
Snowy Barking Gecko Fleetwood Crack FluffieDuckie owlhawk911 Manifisto
SweetWillyRollbar Hamjobs Prepuce Repurposed City of Glompton Robot made of Meat Magic Cactus
Dope Fiend Killa GPixaal Mr. DickDads Dip CupMocking Quantum Vanisher
and me, Pot Smoke Phoenix

Snowy's friend FluffieDuckie's friend Maggie: Death Sext's friends: Dope Fiend Killa G's friend Ziggy
Mocking Quantum's friends Pot Smoke Phoenix's friend, Nimbus :rip:

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 11, 2019

pixaal

I think you have the names and pictures backwards, it's forcing the text to go with the previous picture not the next so everything is mislabeled after the first row.

Or maybe it will still be broken that way, I'm not good at formatting.

sig by owlhawk911

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

pixaal posted:

I think you have the names and pictures backwards, it's forcing the text to go with the previous picture not the next so everything is mislabeled after the first row.

Or maybe it will still be broken that way, I'm not good at formatting.

It's rough for now but yeah i'll sort it all out before the end

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

what if we could design th holiday card to be a scratch and sniff and you can scratch the user name of any of our lovely posters and know exactly what they smell like

edit: ideally we can do this for the pets too

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

what if we could design th holiday card to be a scratch and sniff and you can scratch the user name of any of our lovely posters and know exactly what they smell like

edit: ideally we can do this for the pets too

I LIKE it!

Goons Are Gifts

This looks insanely funny in the awful app by the way, not your fault, it's just that it lists name av name separately from top to bottom so my entire phone display is now covered in byob avs

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Goons Are Great posted:

This looks insanely funny in the awful app by the way, not your fault, it's just that it lists name av name separately from top to bottom so my entire phone display is now covered in byob avs

lol!

I format it all up in Windows and hope for the best, trying to do it all on mobile would just end up forcing my iPad through a wall with my fist so I stick to what's easy

death sext

I don't jnow, feels a little on brand. We may not care about formatting but we would like to spread the message of having a good time

Addendum: how to upload smell ?

pixaal

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

lol!

I format it all up in Windows and hope for the best, trying to do it all on mobile would just end up forcing my iPad through a wall with my fist so I stick to what's easy

Different resolutions are going to look different, if you want it all same-same you will need 1 avatar + name per line, or a full image.

You could probably make the forum post how you want and look good at your resolution press print then print to PDF, then re-save the PDF as a jpg and share that. There might be a print to JPG option too, you're going to have to crop it so if you can fit it on a single screen snipping tool might just do it all at once. You know what your doing with that part though.

sig by owlhawk911

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

it's beautiful. let em ride

smellovision is a great idea but i think skipping shower day, putting some cookies in the oven, and opening a fat-rear end sack of chronic buds would be a low-cost way to achieve the same goal

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

MockingQuantum

if anyone wants to source smells for my dogs, Badger smells like toasted almonds, Pabu smells like cocoa, and Waffles smells kinda like pennies and farts

thank you luvcow for the sig

vanisher

Put me in!

Let me see if I can get a pic of the dog

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

vanisher posted:

Put me in!

Let me see if I can get a pic of the dog

Got you!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

pixaal posted:

Different resolutions are going to look different, if you want it all same-same you will need 1 avatar + name per line, or a full image.

You could probably make the forum post how you want and look good at your resolution press print then print to PDF, then re-save the PDF as a jpg and share that. There might be a print to JPG option too, you're going to have to crop it so if you can fit it on a single screen snipping tool might just do it all at once. You know what your doing with that part though.

I tried to do this and it scared my cats when I started shouting out obscenities at the wall so I'm just going to get drunk and press on like I've done in the past because I am old and dogmatic and hard to teach new tricks to but thank you for the suggestion!

Does anyone have any other places to post this so I can give the Mod(s) for the forum(s) a heads up?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

how about yospos and blockbuster video?

pixaal

I tried to do this and it scared my cats when I started shouting out obscenities at the wall so I'm just going to get drunk and press on like I've done in the past because I am old and dogmatic and hard to teach new tricks to but thank you for the suggestion!

Does anyone have any other places to post this so I can give the Mod(s) for the forum(s) a heads up?

Can you just use snipping tool? You can then bless the other forums with the blue background in the static image! Snipping tool is part of windows 10, and I'm pretty sure it goes back to windows 7. If you are on Mac I'm sure there's something, if you are on Linux, you are own your own, but that's par for course with Linux.

You know what, if you get it set up in a post how you want just let me know what resolution you have and I'll get the post as an image so it looks the same for everyone.

It also works as is, it's not like you are spending hours trying to figure out the layout so it doesn't matter if the number of uses per line is different for everyone. I kind of think way too hard about that when really the enjoyment is the same even if one person sees a 6x5 and someone else sees a 5x6 and yet someone else sees a 3x10

pixaal fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 10, 2019

sig by owlhawk911

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

how about yospos and blockbuster video?

PMs sent to Mods of both!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

pixaal posted:

Can you just use snipping tool? You can then bless the other forums with the blue background in the static image! Snipping tool is part of windows 10, and I'm pretty sure it goes back to windows 7. If you are on Mac I'm sure there's something, if you are on Linux, you are own your own, but that's par for course with Linux.

You know what, if you get it set up in a post how you want just let me know what resolution you have and I'll get the post as an image so it looks the same for everyone.

It also works as is, it's not like you are spending hours trying to figure out the layout so it doesn't matter if the number of uses per line is different for everyone. I kind of think way too hard about that when really the enjoyment is the same even if one person sees a 6x5 and someone else sees a 5x6 and yet someone else sees a 3x10

The thing is I'm trying to maintain the animation of the avatars in the "card".

A static image is the opposite of that if that's the outcome of what you're proposing, but I appreciate any suggestions on that front!

Manifisto

ya combining the avs into a single image with animation is rough because the periods of the animations will not line up

you could in theory have each animation cycle once and wait until every other animation is complete, then cycle everything again, but that would look weird

it's doable in (wait for it) blender (indrawn breaths, murmur of shocked conversation) but I'm not sure it's worth it, however if you'd like a consult on that you got it!!

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

ya combining the avs into a single image with animation is rough because the periods of the animations will not line up

you could in theory have each animation cycle once and wait until every other animation is complete, then cycle everything again, but that would look weird

it's doable in (wait for it) blender (indrawn breaths, murmur of shocked conversation) but I'm not sure it's worth it, however if you'd like a consult on that you got it!!

When I first showed up on the shores of BYOB someone posted something that included a few people's AVs, and I thought it looked so cool I kept the concept and notion of various poster's animated AVs in mind for some project or other.

And thus the card was born.

The animated AVs are what it's all about, I'm in it for the eye candy!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

hmm thinking maybe i should spruce up my avatar a bit with a little animation magic...maybe put the little guy on a skateboard and let him fire a gun off into the air :twisted: god i hope i still have photo shop on my computer

Goons Are Gifts

Do we have a travel route already?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Goons Are Great posted:

Do we have a travel route already?

The plan is, pending Admin approval of course to post this in CSpam, PI, GBS, Goon Doctor, PYF, BFC (A/T sub-forum), GIP, DIY, FYAD (sorry, bad timing) and Creative Convention's "Year-long Goonmail and Holiday Card Exchange" thread on Tuesday night, December 24th.

I just got approval from FYAD and I will be sending out other PMs shortly to the other forums mentioned.

Sebmojo replied from Creative Convention's "Year-long Goonmail and Holiday Card Exchange", I got a reply for BFC because someone requested sending them some cheer last year or the year before, this cool Admin from DIY called Jaded Burnout said we could hang out there, and Grindcore Meggido has given us their blessing for GBS.

I'm still awaiting Blockbuster Video, Pet Island, and YOSPOS Admins for a reply.

Mr. Dick

by Cyrano4747

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Added, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Ah, completely missed that route. Nice, I'm already super hyped!!

Edit: Additionally, since we also have a video game thread after all which obviously makes us real gamers, maybe Games or the imps if they'd like?

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 11, 2019