Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

I held off doing my list because i had the feeling i couldn't put up 10 shows at all this year. Anyways after a little date-checking i came up with this:

Honorable mentions:
His Dark Materials: Superb cast which nail their roles and beautiful settings - at least for the "main quest". Dragged down by the "our world"?-sideplot and a schizophrenic use of violence (traumatizing children: ok, but bears fighting not?).
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Didn't care much for the story this time. Characters still great - but they should have went with Snowbunny!
The 100: As long as Murphy's gonna murph and Octavia is fed up with everything i'll watch. This season was just not unique enough to be top10.

10 The Outpost

Opening with my guilty pleasure of the year. Cheap as gently caress fantasy that makes even Xena look like some Marvel Movie and GIS only delivers variations of one Shot. Found it's own brand of silly which i hope gets build upon in the future and a surprisingly "clever" cliffhanger keep me waiting for season 3.

9 The End of the loving world

This is kinda like "Wayne light". But i could hear the girl go "Whaaa...?" all day

8 The Mandalorian

Another show that doesn't try to be more than it is and is better for it. Just about 30 minutes per episode, of which there are only 8. Simple story arcs that are often executed well enough to satisfy. Great side characters (Cara Dune :swoon:). Bitching soundtrack and Art in the credits. But not as stellar as the fanbase tries to make it. It would als be extremely better with less Baby Yoda or without him being a force-user!

7 It's always sunny in Philadelphia

Contrary to the popular opinion i found this season to be the consistently funniest in a long time. Especially the noir-detective Episode or the one in which they are interviewed about that movie made me laugh hard.

6 Killjoys

Farewell, my silly Space Bounty Hunters. Team Awesomeforce retires.

5 Legends of tomorrow

A bit weaker half season but still the best, read: the most self-aware and thus entertaining superhero-show on any media and they have tons of fun with it. Arguably best cast-chemistry of any show as they produce stuff like this in their off-time:
https://youtu.be/b74ifz1inqY

4 Wayne

This is the serialized version of a Life is Strange game with the twist that the protagonists are so far into poo poo that they don't care about their and others helath anymore. Angry teenage Loner trying to do what's right in an unjust world...while finding his perfect match.

3 Strike Back

Best straight action series right now. The new team found its roles and chemistry this season and it shows. As a poster before me said: i will always rep this show!

2 The Expanse

Rising like Phoenix from the ashes only to land on a dump of an alien planet. A totally different beast than the previous seasons because it has to set up the new state of the human universe. Some found it rather boring, i was fascinated by all the details about life on Earth, Mars and beyond.

1 Chernobyl

Best Drama in years. This gives you a tragic love story, the fight of some upright scientists to tell the truth against politicians, some true working class heroes and finishing off with an astoundingly gripping courtromm drama. The whole atmosphere and constant feeling of dread is just overwhelming. Plus an extremely informative accompanying podcast on youtube.
I swear, if i ever hear a PA go “Vnimaniye Vnimaniye!” in my life i will probably freeze in terror and run for the hills simultaneously.

...gave up on trying to make the sunny-gif move...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Thanks for all the work, Looten Plunder! I appreciate the traditional poll being kept alive.
Show that i will watch out for this time: Barry.