Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
is there any interest in like a weekly hour long tabletop game meetup deal, where we all voice chat at each other about being vampires and doing vampire poo poo. it doesnt have to be vampire, i'm checking out games like Tiny Dungeon, Demon, Feng Shui, hella stuff.

no suckin werewolf dicks, thread. im warning you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
my hulk hands stand ready to pummel any and all malarkycrafters

crimes

death sext

ok but can we maybe just peep a wereful wiener? for immersion's sake

I'm very very shy and I never have rped before but if that's ok I'm up for being brave

I want to be one of those ugly nosferatu lookin vampires. All wrinkly lookin rear end

Stoner Sloth

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

my hulk hands stand ready to pummel any and all malarkycrafters

malarkycraft is a v powerful ability, only lvl 3+ in Bidentity can resist it!

yeah might be up for playing some roles or something?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

nut

i will rp with you all as the evil count named Count and i. don't. suck. dicks.

Applewhite

by vyelkin

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

is there any interest in like a weekly hour long tabletop game meetup deal, where we all voice chat at each other about being vampires and doing vampire poo poo. it doesnt have to be vampire, i'm checking out games like Tiny Dungeon, Demon, Feng Shui, hella stuff.

Oh hey this looks like it might be fun!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

no suckin werewolf dicks, thread. im warning you.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I am a professional fantasy artist and yet I am afraid to play games with actual people. Please help.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

i've always wanted to try a dungeon world game, but i'm open to whatever system you want to run.
whatever we play i'm gonna be uncle grandpa

also i can't do sunday or monday evenings PST, but other than that my schedule wide open

Goons Are Gifts

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I am a professional fantasy artist and yet I am afraid to play games with actual people. Please help.

If you start drawing for us, I'll be pumped to play.

Heather Papps

hello friend

yes 1000000%

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Machai

I would but my schedule is not great. Would it be okay if I only had time to play every other week? I work rotating shifts.

Whatever system is fine, except D&D 3 or 5, I could use something a little lighter like Dungeon World for once.

the unabonger
i will be a bard. i will serenade everyone with my wonderful voice and lute

Manifisto

I'm interested, at least potentially! altho it has been a while since I are pee geed, however i can calculate thac0 with the best of them

ty nesamdoom!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
if you play dnd everyone should be bards and just kind of average their way through all obstacles and play rad tunes the entire way

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

nut

i bite the rear end the rear end stands no chance i have +9 to bite

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
hi friends, the semester is wrapping up for me this week so afterwards I'll sit down and write something up. I think for now I'll write out 3-4 games worth of material and play before the next semester starts, to try and get a feel for everything. I think we're going to use FATE Core because it's rules light and fairly setting agnostic. Speaking of setting:

1) 90s Anime Pastiche
2) Haunted Houseparty
3) Dungeons and Dipshits (this is the bard idea, which i love. y'all are rockstar bards in a DungeonWorld who have to prove their Trve Kvlt status by actually dungeoneering, when they'd rather be in a hotel room smoochin groupies or w/e)

What software have folks used for this in the past? Anyone with personal reccomendations? I was thinking like Steam chat or Discord, but I've never hosted a Discord server before. Y'all are on the SA discord, right? Could we get a room there or something.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

hey i want to see your art :) also it'd be sweet AF to have you in the RoleSquad.

crimes

Heather Papps

hello friend

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

hey i want to see your art :) also it'd be sweet AF to have you in the RoleSquad.

i think the av thread is goldmined but check the smoobles thread

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

im? afriad?

crimes

Machai

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

What software have folks used for this in the past? Anyone with personal reccomendations? I was thinking like Steam chat or Discord, but I've never hosted a Discord server before. Y'all are on the SA discord, right? Could we get a room there or something.

Discord is good. Some discords have dice bots. I've also used Roll20.net which is nice and lets you set up visuals and do rolls and voice chat.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

This sounds like fun, this is BYOB though, so plan for people coming and leaving and forgetting, then remembering and showing up again. Is someone going to druid craft up the dank?

sig by owlhawk911

Heather Papps

hello friend

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

im? afriad?

a summary:

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

sig by owlhawk911

Stoner Sloth

pixaal posted:

This sounds like fun, this is BYOB though, so plan for people coming and leaving and forgetting, then remembering and showing up again. Is someone going to druid craft up the dank?

weed druid sounds like an awesome class to play!!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
is someone willing to setup the room for me? this will use the FATE system

crimes

wearing a lampshade

I want to play

Machai

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

is someone willing to setup the room for me? this will use the FATE system

We can use my living room if you want. My couch is very comfy.

tradjik

hi can I play? no funny business tho, fantasy games are only fun when u don't take them serious

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I don my leather armor and I walk to were the dragon lives and I punch it. I punch the dragon right in the butt.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

nut

i buy a castoon of hairbeer for my friends, to celebrate the buttdeath of the dragon

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

nut posted:

i buy a castoon of hairbeer for my friends, to celebrate the buttdeath of the dragon

*spitting out clumps of hair from the beer* :cheers:

Machai

Woah hold on, don't celebrate yet, you didn't even roll to see if you killed the dragon. You may have only half-assed it.

nut

i dunno if there's a room or anything yet so i'll just get started here.

Bertha was a shrew, a tiny rodent largely blind and inhabiting the lush lea of Asstown. He spent his days foraging along well worked in burrow lines delineating the Bapple orchard of the cantankerous Joe Heavy. He spent so much of his days gathering for his kind that he never had much a chance to sit and ask, "Hey, who made these scavenger lines?" But if he did, the answer would've been werewolves or something what was the topic again

tradjik

someone should start a discord room

I'm always a chaotic good gnome bard

Machai

tradjik posted:

someone should start a discord room

I'm always a chaotic good gnome bard

Kurt Gnobaine?

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
I'm running a Podcast Game where i handle 100% of the crunchy rules bits and y'all roleplay What If Trailer Park Boys Was Vampires, if anyone's interested. Total newbs are EXPLICITLY WELCOME.

crimes

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I'm running a Podcast Game where i handle 100% of the crunchy rules bits and y'all roleplay What If Trailer Park Boys Was Vampires, if anyone's interested. Total newbs are EXPLICITLY WELCOME.

I would very much like to observe this

Machai

I've never seen Trailer Park Boys so instead I'll be a Letterkenny vampire. Give your fangs a tug ya batfuckers.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Machai posted:

I've never seen Trailer Park Boys so instead I'll be a Letterkenny vampire. Give your fangs a tug ya batfuckers.

PM me, that's more or less exactly what I want.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I would very much like to observe this

would you want to be an occasional NPC?

crimes

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

would you want to be an occasional NPC?

I think I could probably manage this and hopefully add to the fun for everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

As a real canadian I'm really mad but sorry that I'm mad