Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

szkud

what's the player limit on tabletop simulator?

~(‾▿‾)~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai

Heather Papps posted:

As a real canadian I'm really mad but sorry that I'm mad

That's OK as long as you pronounce it "sorey"

Heather Papps

hello friend

Ur lucky I just cracked a molson and lit a dart and both my hands are busy otherwise I'd show u how sorry I am yankee doodle dandy. You want one? Or both? I gotta joint we can burn if you want.

Machai

gently caress you Heather Papps. I had to go rob a blood bank the other day because your mom sucked me so much I didn't have enough blood to get an erection. Give your fangs a tug ya batfucker.

Machai

How are ya now?

Good and you?

Not so bat.

Machai

Ya volunteered for the blood drive's night shift with your pals the otha dayyy...

Machai

Whose billet sister's a blood bag boys?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Machai posted:

gently caress you Heather Papps. I had to go rob a blood bank the other day because your mom sucked me so much I didn't have enough blood to get an erection. Give your fangs a tug ya batfucker.

Oh here comes two fist machai tryin' to tell me which end yer dick goes in. You couldn't gently caress the ground if you tripped into a freshly plowed furrow you classic bob n doug style hosehead. I grew upin the big nickel named heather and the boys on the lacrosse team wouldn't let me forget it. send me yer postal code and I'll pack up my tree planting shovel and we'll see if we can't impart a little peace, order and good government into your toque holder.
a mari musque ad mare, motherfucker

Heather Papps

hello friend

*carves lacrosse stick into a stake, furiously*

Machai

gently caress you Heather Papps. Come by my place later and pick up your mom's ashes. I dicked her down so hard she burst into flames like she got staked.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
if it makes you two tim hortons double double style heroes feel any better i was gonna set it in rural upstate new york rather than canada proper.

szkud posted:

no idea!

crimes

Heather Papps

hello friend

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

if it makes you two tim hortons double double style heroes feel any better i was gonna set it in rural upstate new york rather than canada proper.

Same diff. Maine is canada, Alberta is america
Upper peninsula folk are just like canadians I find and rural north Yorkers I assume are similar. Also I could be a visiting canuck anyways

Machai

I lived in upstate NY for a few months, just north of Pennsyltucky. It's pretty much the same thing but instead of one bar that keeps burning down, there are like 20+ bars in a 6 square mile town.

Machai

That was a good first session. Same time next week?

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If this is what vampires are then I'm scared

*my NPC guy hides in a laundry bin*

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Machai

So when do we start?

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
*peeks out from laundry bin like agent 47 from hitman video game*

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I would like to enter a rage and throw the closest small sized melee party member on to the back of the dragon, so they can blow big clouds right back in his face.

sig by owlhawk911

szkud

pixaal posted:

I would like to enter a rage and throw the closest small sized melee party member on to the back of the dragon, so they can blow big clouds right back in his face.

you do this

~(‾▿‾)~

Machai

I equip my baja hoodie of +2 blazing

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Machai posted:

So when do we start?

i got distracted by frontpage stuffs, lemme figure out how we're running this. it's not dead yet just on a back burner for now.

crimes

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I equip my baja blast goblet of +2 quenching

pixaal

Might be a good time to get a group going. I'm still down for some pen and paper.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
OK, this will run as the Monday feature. Do y'all want to use

1) vampire: the requiem set in a letterkenny/trailer park boys/jackass style redneck slum
2) a ridiculous over the top homebrew situation with classes like "cowboy naruto" and "cyber wizard" set in a mish-mosh cyberpunk/steampunk post apocalypse-punk that's actually fairly close to what y'all are already describing

also would folks prefer thursday or saturday night?

crimes

Heather Papps

hello friend

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

OK, this will run as the Monday feature. Do y'all want to use

1) vampire: the requiem set in a letterkenny/trailer park boys/jackass style redneck slum
2) a ridiculous over the top homebrew situation with classes like "cowboy naruto" and "cyber wizard" set in a mish-mosh cyberpunk/steampunk post apocalypse-punk that's actually fairly close to what y'all are already describing

also would folks prefer thursday or saturday night?

thurs/2

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm still game for playing that occasional re-occuring "NPC" type character and either thurs or sat works for me.

One a month type frequency most probably (although with the quarantine situation, I could possibly swing a weekly appearance but I think I'd like to remain flexible)

nut

cowboy naruto Thursday

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

What software have folks used for this in the past? Anyone with personal reccomendations? I was thinking like Steam chat or Discord, but I've never hosted a Discord server before. Y'all are on the SA discord, right? Could we get a room there or something.
I’ve used Roll20 (which is free) and fantasy grounds (which is not), and both work pretty well for games like d&d. However, they both have a learning curve. I do not think an hour would be enough to get everyone set up using those platforms AND have an adventure.

If I was the one dming for byob, I would host the adventure entirely over discord since it has a way lower barrier for entry. You can do just about everything simply by describing verbally what happens. The only thing that really requires a map (and thus something like roll20) is combat with lots of units, and even then, the dm can just screenshare their own screen over discord and move all the units around themself as directed by the players.

But Phiz, you are welcome to do whatever you want! These are just my $0.02.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

OK, this will run as the Monday feature.
What do you mean by this?

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

pixaal

blaise rascal posted:

I’ve used Roll20 (which is free) and fantasy grounds (which is not), and both work pretty well for games like d&d. However, they both have a learning curve. I do not think an hour would be enough to get everyone set up using those platforms AND have an adventure.

If I was the one dming for byob, I would host the adventure entirely over discord since it has a way lower barrier for entry. You can do just about everything simply by describing verbally what happens. The only thing that really requires a map (and thus something like roll20) is combat with lots of units, and even then, the dm can just screenshare their own screen over discord and move all the units around themself as directed by the players.

But Phiz, you are welcome to do whatever you want! These are just my $0.02.

What do you mean by this?

You can stream in discord now, could use a webcam and map old school, or just have gimp open and draw it in real time. You'd probably want to play around and see if OBS works with it and make some scenes so you can still use that computer for DM notes without steaming the notes (The notes will get steamed at some point that's just how this goes)

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

pixaal posted:

You can stream in discord now, could use a webcam and map old school, or just have gimp open and draw it in real time. You'd probably want to play around and see if OBS works with it and make some scenes so you can still use that computer for DM notes without steaming the notes (The notes will get steamed at some point that's just how this goes)
Yeah, streaming the dm’s screen over discord is what I was getting at. Any of the things you suggest would work. It’s also possible to run something like fantasy grounds locally and share that.

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 3, 2020

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I've used Roll20 and yeah, there is a bit of a learning curve there for sure. I think using discord is more than sufficient, especially with resourceful and innovative players at the wheel :q:

pixaal

If we end up needing more features we can always migrate after a few sessions after people have picked up basic game rules.

sig by owlhawk911

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
"monday feature" means ideally i'd record this audio, clean it up, and release it on the frontpage as a podcast. I've got a few projects I need to wrap up before I take on something new, though, so it'll be a weekish.

Here's the character generation process: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RjdoALWIB1Hjgnqa224eYX19PE6jqHljCS9JYnw4BFg/edit#gid=727150420 Your class name is a mish-mosh of two classes, so "sideshow smithers" or "cyber finkle." you get the unique abilities of each (will post description soon) and two combo powers, which take one modifier from each class.

so like, "friendship magic" or "combat jumping" or "acrobatic carousing."

I'm probably just going to run this as a voice chat over Jitsi Meet, maybe broadcasting screen if it's required, but i doubt I'm going to need the suite of powers & what that Roll20 represents. This is an extremely bare bones mostly RP based system.

crimes

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
can I join on Thursdays? I will like not having to gm a game

:ghost: Happy halloween :ghost:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I'm seriously considering GMing a campaign using Facebook's video chat option and doing it that way.

You can open up multiple users and set up a video conference that's not bad with 3 people, in my experience.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Machai

Any day is good with me but I have a rotating shift schedule so I can only do it maybe twice a month if we have a set day of the week.

Machai

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

"monday feature" means ideally i'd record this audio, clean it up, and release it on the frontpage as a podcast. I've got a few projects I need to wrap up before I take on something new, though, so it'll be a weekish.

Here's the character generation process: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RjdoALWIB1Hjgnqa224eYX19PE6jqHljCS9JYnw4BFg/edit#gid=727150420 Your class name is a mish-mosh of two classes, so "sideshow smithers" or "cyber finkle." you get the unique abilities of each (will post description soon) and two combo powers, which take one modifier from each class.

so like, "friendship magic" or "combat jumping" or "acrobatic carousing."

I'm probably just going to run this as a voice chat over Jitsi Meet, maybe broadcasting screen if it's required, but i doubt I'm going to need the suite of powers & what that Roll20 represents. This is an extremely bare bones mostly RP based system.

Friend ship magic? But I thought friendship was magic?

Machai

Ok I made a character, what do I do now?

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
wait what system are we using?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry

szkud posted:

The limit for Tabletop Sim is 10 players.

itry fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 17, 2020