Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Most, if not all of us, went to some form of school or another at some point in our lives. Whether you went to public or private (public or state), were home schooled, or were on the mean streets in the school or hard knocks, your teacher probably told you one of these many lies. Not because they were bad people (although they probably were, liars are bad people. Look it up.) but because it's become so ingrained in our school systems that it's hard to get rid of! Here are a few:

LIE: The nation of The United States of America was founded in 1783 by mostly British settlers who separated from the UK after fighting a war of independence.

FACT: The "United States of America" is actually the worlds largest AARG created in a joint effort between Steve Jobs and Elon Musk to get us to buy add ons in the form of amusing but ultimately useless gadget as part of the game's freemium business model.

LIE: Australia is the world's smallest continent.

FACT: Australia is the world's largest and longest running prison experiment.

LIE: America never had a king.

FACT: While George Washington refused the title of king causing the US to go for almost two centuries without one, eventually the US crowned Elvis "The King" Presley. A title he retains even in death.

LIE: Nobody knows how the ancient Egyptians built the pyramids.

FACT: All Egyptians know. They just refuse to tell anyone.

What lies did your teachers tell you?

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Lie: You will need to know this *makes vague math gestures*

Fact: Not if I'm an art major, binches.

Lie: You wont always have your calculator with you

Fact: I keep that same calculator with the ninja turtles sticker in my purse out of sheer spite.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
lie: horses and dogs are different types of animals

fact: dogs are just baby horses

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
*wiping off hands*

Blood really isn't that much thicker than water...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

nut

me: *nervously placing my paint spider art where i blob the paint on and chase it with a straw while blowing through it on mrs. anderson's desk*

mrs. anderson: *grabs me by the sides of my face* WTC 7 was all just part of the crash

Queen-Of-Hearts

nut posted:

me: *nervously placing my paint spider art where i blob the paint on and chase it with a straw while blowing through it on mrs. anderson's desk*

mrs. anderson: *grabs me by the sides of my face* WTC 7 was all just part of the crash

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Lie: Hard work pays off

Truth: You need to get lucky too

google THIS

Lie: The American Civil War was caused by slavery.

Truth: Correlation does not equal causation. It is equally likely that slavery was caused by the American Civil War.

Escape From Noise

The popular myth is that at the time of Christopher Columbus's voyage almost everyone believed that the earth was flat when in fact everyone knew it was a globe but kept acting like it was flat around Columbus as part of an elaborate prank.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

google THIS

Lie: Christopher Columbus discovered America.

Truth: It was actually British DJ Jeff Dexter.

Escape From Noise

Lie: Gravity is a law.

Fact: It's more of a formal suggestion.

google THIS

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Most physics cops won't even bother to pull you over if you're doing less than 5 mph over terminal velocity.

SardonicTyrant

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Lie: You can be anything you want

Truth: as long as it's serving fries.

Queen-Of-Hearts

This is going on your PERMANENT. RECORD.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

nut posted:

want to post itt but can't get on this guy's level. my teacher always said i could be a chill poster when i grew up, so much for that i guess

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Heather Papps

hello friend

"you aren't smarter then me"

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

The MUMPSorceress

^SHTPSTS

cats arnet girl dogs and nurses aren't girl doctors

Thanks City of Glompton for the glorious sig

Manifisto

math teacher: let me tell you about a very special number called "pi." basically it means that whatever you say about it is wrong.

so, can anybody tell me what kind of number pi is?

me: it's a tr--

teacher: wrong

me: you can calc--

me: actul--

teacher: you don't get it. the definition of pi is "you, specifically, are wrong."

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

lie: the tongue has individual receptors for sweet, sour, salty, bitter, umami, and ranch

truth: there are actually receptors for sweet, sour, salty, bitter, umami, ranch, cool ranch, and nacho cheese

ty nesamdoom!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
lie: posting on the internet is not a proper occupation

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
lie: while marijuana, or "weed", might seem cool and rebellious, it can cause serious physical and mental harm

truth: weed is not cool anymore

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Manifisto

lie: WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

truth: sheeple need at least eight hours sleep to be happy and productive; a sleep deficit can lead to serious mental health issues

ty nesamdoom!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Manifisto posted:

lie: the tongue has individual receptors for sweet, sour, salty, bitter, umami, and ranch

truth: there are actually receptors for sweet, sour, salty, bitter, umami, ranch, cool ranch, and nacho cheese

the fact that human beings have taste receptors for both ranch and cool ranch is the best evidence i have seen for the existence of an intelligent designer

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Heather Papps

hello friend

you won't be happy if you don't get a university degree

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

google THIS

Turns out you actually can have pudding without eating your meat.

Queen-Of-Hearts

google THIS posted:

Turns out you actually can have pudding without beating your meat.

Escape From Noise

Lie: Washington DC is not a state.

Fact: Washington DC is a state of mind.

Escape From Noise

Portuguese is just fancy Spanish.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

lie: dont eat the eraser its bad for you

truth: the white ones strengthen your bones. the pink is good for blood

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

lie don't touch the fire hydrants because dogs pee on them

truth piss is sterile and dogs are cleaner than most humans anyways

The MUMPSorceress

^SHTPSTS

you can be racist ironically

Thanks City of Glompton for the glorious sig

Escape From Noise

Hello, friend. Welcome to BYOB & chat

madeintaipei

(Not teacher, mama. She was a teacher though)

Lie: there is a massive spider with hundreds of babies living in the (for lack of a better description) carpet blinds going out to the balcony.

Truth: don't lock us out on the fourth floor balcony again while you climb up on the counter and eat sugar directly out of the bowl while staring at us and laughing. The neighbors were amused, we were not. Proud maybe, but not amused.

Crypto Cobain

by Reene

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

lie don't touch the fire hydrants because dogs pee on them

truth piss is sterile and dogs are cleaner than most humans anyways
Piss is actually not sterile once it has been expelled from the body. It's only sterile inside the bladder. The moment it passes through the urinary tract it is exposed to all sorts of nasty poo poo.

So your teacher was right in this case.

Escape From Noise

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Piss is actually not sterile once it has been expelled from the body. It's only sterile inside the bladder. The moment in passes through the urinary tract it is exposed to all sorts of nasty poo poo.

So your teacher was right in this case.

Listen. It is sterile & I like the taste!

Crypto Cobain

by Reene

Listen. It is sterile & I like the taste!
O... okay.

Jaguars!

Lie: History is more than a bunch of names and dates.

Truth: history is more than a bunch of names and dates.

ulvir

lie: you can do anything you want to

truth: while social mobility is a thing most places, you’re still going to be limited by your socioeconomic status. school and academic achievements are very much linked to your parents background and education, and whether or not you can land higher positions will come down to your family’s and your personal network. it is certainly doable without that, but those rich kids have a pretty big headstart in life, and it’ll come down to pure luck and chance, and you’ll have to work at least twice as hard

nut

owlhawk911 posted:

want to post itt but can't get on this guy's level. my teacher always said i could be a chill poster when i grew up, so much for that i guess

the truth will set u free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

"299,792,458 metres per second isn't just a good idea, it's the Law!"