Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:
I'm kind of wary of games like this. "This is a video game, you dingus, nothing you do here matters and you're a loser for seeking validation in a fictional world" subtext has been beaten to death and back; similarly, the "everything we do as players would be incredibly hosed up if it happened in real life" metatexual message is at least as old as Missile Command and it's really hard to do anything all that interesting with either of those ideas at this point.

dotchan fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I think this one manages.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

really queer Christmas posted:

That moment was niko thinking we were in control of the whole thing rather than us just being along for the ride. Niko thought we were the reason they got abducted from their home to pilot this thing rather than us just being some dopes playing a video game.

aren't we the reason they got abducted, since they wouldn't be here if we hadn't booted the game? we're not explicitly ignorant of know how the game works. could be that proto doesn't know enough to say, but since he knows all this other stuff it's not too far-out to assume he'd know if, generally, world machine distributers tell players what's up. and proto's response implies, to me at least, that we did know. I think people would generally still be sour with the player for loading the game in the first place even if they didn't mastermind everything

...oh, gently caress. now that I'm rereading that update, niko would've had to stay in the world even if we'd smashed the sun :smith:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It's been a month since the last update so i wanted to say the LP isn't dead, life has just decided to imitate art and the world is actually ending now. I really just haven't had the energy even when I do have the free time to work on updates. I apologize for the delay, and hope everyone has stayed healthy.