Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
Man, I love OneShot. I remember playing the original non-retail RPG Maker version after that Game Jam and absolutely loving it, and checking out other (to this day still in progress) projects by the leads, and then not actually finding out until the Solstice update that they'd released a more full store version. And it was just still as endearing as I remembered.

Looking forward to revisiting this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

IIRC, there's actually a Steam achievement for telling Niko to put the sun in the press. If that's how you get your kicks.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

There isn't really a good option here, obviously. But I'm going to give the logic that I went with when I first encountered this choice, thinking back on the events.

This world, as it stands, is ending. And not just because of the sun. The computer entity is creating glitches and squares and death throes across the land, and clearly wants this all to end. Nothing we've seen seems to suggest that returning the sun is going to fix THAT. It sustains the world by giving it new light, but that's just more borrowed time for squares to encroach, for people to gain hope that will easily just fall away. It's completely unclear how much time there will be. But the world's still going to end, and not in a very nice way.

And Niko would still be here, stranded from her family and home, someone utterly wonderful who didn't ask for any of this and otherwise could have survived.

Smash the sun. You can argue for days about the morally right choice from different viewpoints. My own ideas of what's better in this scenario can change from time to time, but this is what I picked when I ran into it myself. And if returning the sun wins out, that's a completely legitimate answer too.