Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sean's wife let us know in Discord that Sean passed away peacefully at home last night. Let's all please use this space to remember Sean and share our memories of him.

E: a GoFundMe has been started here, please donate if you can:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for-seandavid-mcdonald039s-family?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet

EBB fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
This news sucks and I’ve been feeling it all morning. Im going to miss him. I had been excited to see where he took his meme page on FB because it seemed like something he really enjoyed. RIP Sean

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
He was cool and good and his memes were funny.

RIP Sean.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'm not really sure I have the words to express how I'm feeling beyond "gently caress" and "aw gently caress."

We'll miss you, Sean.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
It’s so out of nowhere too. He was just this constant presence in the chat, not a huge character but a reliable presence. Someone who’s listen.

Then you check the discord after being offline for a few hours and bam. Gone.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sean shared this with us a few days ago as he went through the pain of backing up his portfolio

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Oh goddamnit:(

He was a good guy and I was hoping to catch up with him when I was over there

Rest well, buddy

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Hey guys, Sean's wife here.

I appreciate all the memories you guys are sharing. Sean was a great guy who really cared about others and this community really meant a lot to him. We've both been goons for over a decade. I'm so inspired that goons are already dedicating creative projects to Sean's memory, and I am so thankful for the support of this community.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
gently caress man

gently caress

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I miss you already bro. Thank you for everything you did for me. I won't ever forget you.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Aw gently caress

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Sean was a great dude who was always good to talk to in the discord. Gonna miss having him around.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Wroughtirony posted:

Hey guys, Sean's wife here.

I appreciate all the memories you guys are sharing. Sean was a great guy who really cared about others and this community really meant a lot to him. We've both been goons for over a decade. I'm so inspired that goons are already dedicating creative projects to Sean's memory, and I am so thankful for the support of this community.

gently caress. Sorry to hear this Wroughtirony. I hope you and your family find whatever peace there is to be had.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I can’t say I knew your husband very well, but I’m extremely sorry for your loss. God bless you and my prayers are with you.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Sean was one of those few people that would randomly engage me when I'd join discord on the beginning of a day off just to drop in and say hi. I would only intend to briefly gauge how many folks were online (which - alas - at ungodly hours for cross-Atlantic goons, usually was only a few), and suddenly I found myself in an hour-long conversation about growing chilis / making chili sauce / BL books and content / beef jerky / German cultural shenanigans / etc. And it was never the kind of random chatroom conversation where it seemed like there's just some other guy with nothing to do on the other side of the internet that you're now stuck with having to respond to, it was the first-timer-Minecraft-tier of conversation, where you think "oh, I'll just spend a couple of minutes to have a look and then go about my daily business around the apartment", and suddenly it's 5am and there's a 30ft gold-block penis statue in front of your house.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Wroughtirony

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for-seandavid-mcdonald039s-family?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Good dude around the forum. Condolences for your loss. Very sad to hear the news. Sean will be missed by all of us here.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
This here is more proof that the cooler you are the sooner you die. Don't be cool guys!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Sucks to hear, I associate him with just sorta normal, sane posting which as we all know can sometimes be at at a premium in GiP. If I saw his av in the middle of a massive derail in the current events thread I at least knew it wasn't going to be a brain melting troll logic but something informative or at least pointing out the funny side of something. Condolences to the rest of your family, as they sometimes say in NZ, Kia Kaha, stay strong.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:(

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I waited to post something because I didn't have anything thoughtful or insightful to add. I thought a day or two would give me some clarity and allow me to write something more memorable. I was wrong. Sean was a cool dude and I enjoyed his conversation on discord and on these boards. I am sorry he is dead and will miss him.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Hekk posted:

I waited to post something because I didn't have anything thoughtful or insightful to add. I thought a day or two would give me some clarity and allow me to write something more memorable. I was wrong. Sean was a cool dude and I enjoyed his conversation on discord and on these boards. I am sorry he is dead and will miss him.

Honestly, hearing this kind of thing is exactly what's been getting me through the past few days. Just knowing there are other people out there who miss him makes it easier.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
well thats a loving bummer. i liked chatting with him in the news thread on discord :(

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

When my depression was absolutely kicking my rear end he was the first dude to reach out and kept checking in on me over and over

Thanks, buddy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I can't say I interacted with him ever, but it sucks to lose a loved one regardless. :rip: goon.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I shoulda made that trip sooner when I told you in November. Shoulda already had it planned b. I'm crying and I miss the gently caress out of you.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Thanks again to everyone who posted, or contacted me with memories, or donated. It all means a lot. I know he'll never be forgotten.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
I don’t come around much anymore but I remember your husband from the old days and you from your av. I hope he went easy and you have many good memories to cherish.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
poo poo man. Has it been four months? I remember finding out about this on Discord. I had been talking with Sean somewhat recently about getting a job around here. He was a cool guy :(

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

I don’t come around much anymore but I remember your husband from the old days and you from your av. I hope he went easy and you have many good memories to cherish.

Thanks. He passed suddenly and likely without any pain. As for the memories I'm lucky enough to know so many people whose lives he touched. It's been a blessing to hear everyone's favorite stories about Sean.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Thank you to everyone who has been keeping Sean's memory alive. I finally have a date for his inurnment at Arlington National Cemetery. September 17th at 10AM. Unfortunately, due to COVID at this time only 10 people will be able to attend which will limit the crowd to close family only. However, due to generous contributions to the gofundme and the generosity of Sean's loved ones, I'll be able to hire photographers and videographers to document the occasion. The company I am using has even reduced their prices for livestreaming during the pandemic so it's very likely that I'll be able to provide you all a link to watch the service in realtime.

I know you loved him too.

Thank you for your support.

--Maria

Wroughtirony fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 16, 2020

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Great news! Arlington has relaxed some of their COVID restrictions and the limit on gatherings has been raised from 10 to 50. This means that anyone who wants to attend Sean's inurnment will be able to do so. If you plan on going, just give me a heads up so I can keep you caught up on details as the date approaches.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Will there still be some option for those of us overseas to partake?

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
I'm getting transferred to the east coast so I might be able to get leave in to attend.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'll be there.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Will there still be some option for those of us overseas to partake?

Yup. I'm having the service both videotaped and livestreamed.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Anyone who plans to attend please give me a heads up so I can expect you. There's room for everyone. For the rest of you, watch this space for a link to the livestream. Sean's dad hired a bagpiper so that will be an added element.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

https://my.anc.media/2BMmCAs

There's the link to the livestream. It'll go up around 0950 on Sept 17.

We miss you so much, Sean.

Wroughtirony fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 25, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Wroughtirony posted:

We miss you so much, Sean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN