Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Sean was one of those few people that would randomly engage me when I'd join discord on the beginning of a day off just to drop in and say hi. I would only intend to briefly gauge how many folks were online (which - alas - at ungodly hours for cross-Atlantic goons, usually was only a few), and suddenly I found myself in an hour-long conversation about growing chilis / making chili sauce / BL books and content / beef jerky / German cultural shenanigans / etc. And it was never the kind of random chatroom conversation where it seemed like there's just some other guy with nothing to do on the other side of the internet that you're now stuck with having to respond to, it was the first-timer-Minecraft-tier of conversation, where you think "oh, I'll just spend a couple of minutes to have a look and then go about my daily business around the apartment", and suddenly it's 5am and there's a 30ft gold-block penis statue in front of your house.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Wroughtirony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Will there still be some option for those of us overseas to partake?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wroughtirony posted:

https://my.anc.media/2BMmCAs

There's the link to the livestream. It'll go up around 0950 on Sept 17.

We miss you so much, Sean.

I'll be there, albeit via stream.

Thank you for doing this.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Maria, thanks so much for providing the opportunity to be part of the ceremony from abroad!
I've never been good with funerals, but the bugling, gun-salutes, and flag-folding loving did me in, if you'll excuse my french.

I was extremely surprised by there being an actual camera-man covering the ceremony, because I had somehow assumed staff would just strap a go-pro to a tripod and call it a day, but Arlington apparently does not mess around.

If you'll further excuse me, I did actually have a hearty laugh despite the solemn opportunity I was getting ready to watch, because the camera-man had set up to get an angle on the family and other mourners arriving, and then a service truck pulled up literally right in front of him before some arguing, and I just couldn't help myself.
To echo the sentiments of Doktor Loken: When I die, please laugh at my funeral.

Thank you again for doing this!

Forever loved, forever missed indeed.