Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

i hardly ever made a thread, seems like a lot of effort imo

you actually don’t have to put any effort in at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
still seems like too much

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
slow down guys i’m trying to write all of this down but i have to do it by hand because I dont get computers

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i write down all my important things in a book and keep it near the computer for when i need it.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

President Beep posted:

slow down guys i’m trying to write all of this down but i have to do it by hand because I dont get computers
just type “edit.com” without quotes when you get to the C:\> prompt and hit enter.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

wha the gently caress is a c:>\ prom

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
me irl:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Laslow posted:

just type “edit.com” without quotes when you get to the C:\> prompt and hit enter.

ok i have no idea wtf.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

That's not even accurate. At least on the airlines I fly on.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

back in my day you could smoke on the plane. hell, the pilot would let you fly the drat thing so he could go have a nip from his bottle of laudanum.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i feel like I’m truly free here. this is amazing

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

poo poo. gotta do the dishes now

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

poo poo. gotta do the dishes now

we have a machine for that here and i can say i dont understand a thing about how it works besides add soap get clean and if one of the gears or rams break ill get a dish janitor or pipe engineer

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I dunno if I'd call it my forum home as I'm just a GBS white noise idiot but YOSPOS is pretty cool.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

i voted my own thread five. hope that's cool.

yah i always do that op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

you actually don’t have to put any effort in at all

this.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i made a thread once

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
computers

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

still seems like too much

here’s a thread idea op. subject is “funny computer” and then the op can also be “funny computer”. then you vote it 5 to get it started. your welcome.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

i write down all my important things in a book and keep it near the computer for when i need it.

hi mum what’s the password to your email
is it...

dogname
dogname1
Dogname
Dogname1
phonenumber

I don’t think any other password for her exists

and they are all scrawled on a piece of paper somewhwere on the computer desk

jesus christ

President Beep posted:

back in my day you could smoke on the plane. hell, the pilot would let you fly the drat thing so he could go have a nip from his bottle of laudanum.

do you like movies about gladiators

Agile Vector posted:

we have a machine for that here and i can say i dont understand a thing about how it works besides add soap get clean and if one of the gears or rams break ill get a dish janitor or pipe engineer

doing the dishes kinda bites as far as a job you have to get done goes, but once you’ve committed and you’re deep in the water, it’s actually a great job. they start dirty, they get clean. hands stay warm. doesn’t take too long. job satisfaction afterward is unparalleled

:smugmrgw:

theadder posted:

i made a thread once

I’m so glad you’re back ❤️

fart simpson posted:

here’s a thread idea op. subject is “funny computer” and then the op can also be “funny computer”. then you vote it 5 to get it started. your welcome.

say something about putting your dick into the computer and ejaculating into it and you’ll fade into the background of worthless
posts but vague acceptance very quickly. a++ would do again

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
i worked in presales and now product so i pretend to know about computers professionally. yospos is a good place

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i work as a computer toucher op but im a total fraud and idk what im doing at all

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i only made drunks while very drunk and they were immediately gassed

i used to touch computers but have been distancing myself. but i can see going back because it is a sadly ok way to keep roof over head.

e: threads

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Resting Lich Face posted:

I dunno if I'd call it my forum home as I'm just a GBS white noise idiot but YOSPOS is pretty cool.

im more of a qcs regular myself

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

im a total fraud and idk what im doing at all

ah ha! you fell for my ruse!!! trap sprung.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

gonadic io posted:

sorry to break it to you but anybody that has ever done excel or mail merges or written a * in a search field is a computer toucher.

gently caress :negative:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ArmZ posted:

gently caress :negative:

don’t despair. i disptuted that upthread. no rebuttal yet. considering it a checkmate.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

gonna post

here it goes

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

gonna post

here it goes

thanks. pretty good i think.

mysterious computer happening of the day: my Surface Pro 4 has like this white blob manifesting on the screen (don’t even go there). is it dying? i kind of hope it is because I’ll then ask work for a surface book or something instead. the whole tablet/mobility for work thing is a huge loving fnord but i do like to take my computer home with me sometimes and I already have the surface dock that pipes to my sweet dual monitor setup. idk. might be too pricey. gotta see what the IT budget looks like.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

jesus WEP posted:

i work as a computer toucher op but im a total fraud and idk what im doing at all

hi friend

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

gonna post

here it goes

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

nice. that’s the kind of content i was hoping to see itt. that army dude in the gif is obviously a computer toucher, but also apparently a very chill and friendly one. not intimidating or weird.

this is a place for such positivity. i kind of see it as an homage to silver alicorn’s posting and pasting thread. not a replacement, but a complement. good stuff.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lots of bad poo poo going down in the forums these past few days. let us circle the wagons and keep yospos good.

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

Nice!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i only touch computers recreationally

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

lots of bad poo poo going down in the forums these past few days. let us circle the wagons and keep yospos good.

🛡️

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

I’m so glad you’re back ❤️

:henget:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

i only touch computers recreationally

same

Moo Cowabunga