Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Ristolaz posted:

Dust off my wii U or rebuy on switch.......

I need to rebuy cause 3yo watches Netflix on the Wii U gamepad and it's sticky as hell now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

1st world down and while I think I prefer the larger themed stages to these bite sized ones I'm all for them if the game ends up being as long as it seems like its going to. The hub in this one is nice, just like the one in Specter of Torment. Alternate exits are a cool addition.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

1st world down and while I think I prefer the larger themed stages to these bite sized ones I'm all for them if the game ends up being as long as it seems like its going to. The hub in this one is nice, just like the one in Specter of Torment. Alternate exits are a cool addition.

i prefer tons of stages that do their thing and wrap up quickly over one really long stage with 5 checkpoints personally

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I went insane with Specter Knight and the bite sized levels just seem less conducive to playing like that again, that's all. So far the levels have had mostly cool gimmicks, I'm interested to see what's in store in world 2.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a few hours in and man oh man are the combat/movement mechanics so satisfying to chain together. i'm mostly fail at the card game but it's still hella fun and i think i could play it all day. Shovel Knight continues to be extremely good.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

elf help book posted:

plague knight is what really made me fall in love with the game but a lot of people think hes too wild

i need to give it another shot but i just couldn't get the feel for him

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

extremebuff posted:

i prefer tons of stages that do their thing and wrap up quickly over one really long stage with 5 checkpoints personally

this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Plagie knigjt was epig

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

plague knight pwns but its definitely a harder character to play. once he clicks it really owns

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
How do i win at the the card game? The only opponent I can consistently beat is the 1st boy because he only has 2 cards, lol.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
jesus christ that final boss

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This is the best game of the series, it's extremely charming. Black Knight beat my rear end like 10 times

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

NienNunb posted:

This is the best game of the series, it's extremely charming. Black Knight beat my rear end like 10 times

i still can’t beat him at cards...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

time to play this crap while using a plunger to get my finest fermented butt hash back from teh spetic tank

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

playing this on 3ds on max 3d is a real treat

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

elf help book posted:

i tried card fighting "cardia" on the airship and she soundly defeated me probably 15 times in a row and then i closed the game

hell yeah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I appreciate that it’s trivial to buy back any cards you lose

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's pretty rude of your mom to charge you 1000s of G for a homecooked meal

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

It's pretty rude of your mom to charge you 1000s of G for a homecooked meal

youre buying the ingredients

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like the card game more now that I have good cards

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I like the card game more now that I have good cards

I don't think I understand how to play it well but it's cool that they made 2 whole games for this expac

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The card game is so intuitive that I'm shocked no one has done this before

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cute detail if you die on one of those platforms that sink with too much weight on them, after your crown flies off from the death animation if it lands on one of those they start to sink

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When Yacht Club Games adds another fully featured campaign with unique playstyle, levels, bosses, mini games and characters for Free:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEKB7pi1mbc

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im not gonna say this is the best campaign i dunno yet but its obvious they are getting way better at what they do

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

It's amazing how much love there is for shovel knight in the wider gaming community. There are homages/appearances in Smash, Bloodstained, Yooka Laylee, and probably others I don't remember

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
How could you forget Blade Strangers dude...?

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

elf help book posted:

im not gonna say this is the best campaign i dunno yet but its obvious they are getting way better at what they do

it is incredible that when i say plague of shadows was my favourite it all comes down to personal preference because each expansion has been so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plague knight is the best movement but it was before they decided to go the extra 100 miles and make brand new levels for each xpac. I hope at some point they get to revisit plague knight's moveset and make a game more tailored around his mobility

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the card game is definitely making me feel like a huge dumbass but i’m loving it, trying to like figure out strats and opening moves and stuff, its sick

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:)

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

HolePisser1982 posted:

the card game is definitely making me feel like a huge dumbass but i’m loving it, trying to like figure out strats and opening moves and stuff, its sick

The only thing ive fogured out is to place cards that can only be pushed in the direction of gems but I'm still bad at looking at my opponents hand to avoid being owned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the next game they make should be Shovel Knight Maker

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the true Joustus experience is repeatedly losing against a mole minion before beating Plague and Treasure Knight first try

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

In Training posted:

the next game they make should be Shovel Knight Maker

you could make levels, whole campaigns, and custom knights to go with them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Sex Tragedy posted:

you could make levels, whole campaigns, and custom knights to go with them

im gonna make mona my girlfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat Troupple King... so far it feels a little easier than Plague/Specter Knight but it's still excellent and there's a lot of content. Plus Joustus owns