Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
I love how each expansion is better than the last, and they're all so full of surprises. I try not to follow them before release, and one day I just decided "Alright, I'll play Plague Knight". I didn't expect a whole new story with a bunch of new places!
Specter just had new levels! And King of Cards is basically Shovel Knight's Mario 3 with a whole bunch of secret stuff, unexpected bosses and triple triad. One thing I didn't like is the ending. Feels like it should've ended with Shovel Knight beating the rear end in a top hat, and him crawling back to his mom. In the actual ending, pretty much no one is happy.
But overall I think this is the best one! The levels are all great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

whats up with the thing in world 3 where you can go to a fairy kingdom and make somebody a fairy king?? I obviously chose Mona.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game has too many autoscrollers

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

I’ve been playing this and it’s good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HamsterPolice posted:

I’ve been playing this and it’s good.

thank you lord hamster

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

whats up with the thing in world 3 where you can go to a fairy kingdom and make somebody a fairy king?? I obviously chose Mona.

Lol I just found that. Wtf

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

mysterious loyall X posted:

thank you lord hamster

*tips hat* loydal

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

In Training posted:

I think it's just an esster egg. The only other time it's mentioned is the credits. But yes, I did the same, since it's the right choice.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
my controller died a single move away from a gem sweep and i nearly fully freaked out

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've not had trouble with any of the card games so far but I've lost to Skip maybe 10 times in a row.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

I've not had trouble with any of the card games so far but I've lost to Skip maybe 10 times in a row.

I had a lot of trouble with him and then I came back later with some better cards and beat him first try.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that they have in game cheat codes so you can just skip joustus if you want

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Is there any way to get decrees? I need one for the thing the npc tells you to do in the abyss but I already used the one I had.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

cenotaph posted:

Is there any way to get decrees? I need one for the thing the npc tells you to do in the abyss but I already used the one I had.

after you beat the 2nd map you can unlock a store to buy more from helping the troupple king

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

elf help book posted:

after you beat the 2nd map you can unlock a store to buy more from helping the troupple king

Cool, thanks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the final boss in this is some epic Contra III poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

do you get anything for 100% crests. I went back and found the handful I left in levels but now I just have 23 joustus matches and I'm really bad at joustus

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

do you get anything for 100% crests. I went back and found the handful I left in levels but now I just have 23 joustus matches and I'm really bad at joustus

Yeah, when you talk to the Bard with all the medals he uses the extra 25 to make a special bonus on the bow of your ship. It's just a cosmetic reward.

Specifically it's a gigantic statue of King Knight.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

In Training posted:

the final boss in this is some epic Contra III poo poo.

It reminds me of the super ghouls and ghosts boss with the platforms and the lasers.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I loved this one and now I'm gonna finally replay the others. I've only done shovel and specter once and to my shame I never got the hang of plague. This time I'm gonna beat that one no matter what.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

you should at least beat the joustus towers because theres a bonus boss for doing so

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

elf help book posted:

you should at least beat the joustus towers because theres a bonus boss for doing so

Oh yeah and it's really hard too, I think it's harder than the story final boss if only because you have to do it with no vigor.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh yeah and it's really hard too, I think it's harder than the story final boss if only because you have to do it with no vigor.

that's not exactly true becasue the vigor armor causes drops + you can use commandmants

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

that's not exactly true becasue the vigor armor causes drops + you can use commandmants

It's still harder than the final boss imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hold Down to cry.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's still harder than the final boss imo

Twaa but i win anyway

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The music for the Birder Bluffs stage with the teleport tornados is epic. thanks jake "virt" kaufman.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

:golfclap:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

legendary

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Those crazy bastards really did it...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at "physical box" being above" "2 sequels and a spin off smash clone"

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Those crazy bastards really did it...

every other kickstarter has been shamed forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

please dont bring that thing here

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mods???

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:whitewater:

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Os there an easy way to grind cash so I can finish buying all the random cards from Chester?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the stage before the last 4th card house seems good. get the secret chests, smash the check point, go thru red exit, gets u like 4000+ gold and takes like 30 seconds and isn't really hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

cenotaph posted:

Os there an easy way to grind cash so I can finish buying all the random cards from Chester?

take the safe file to ng+. theres a new gold multiplier that increases when you dont get hit. up to 5x normal value.