Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

1. stardom's houses will have doubled by december
  2. sofia alonso will get an office position in aaa
  3. kazuchika okada will not hold a title between wrestle kingdom 2020 and wk 2021
  4. rush vs la park mask vs hair will happen at triplemania
  5. stardom's demos will be trending harder towards women and girls in both attendance and viewership i.e. 67% men/33% women. this will continue into 2021 and beyond eventually reaching 50/50 or 60/40 women favoring crowds
  6. i will continue to be sad because matt riddle is in wwe

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sanada g1 2020

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Mox takes the belt from Jericho. If there’s a second title change outside of the rubber match, it’s MJF (via gently caress finish/Wardlow) to set up Cody’s blood feud that ultimately leads to Cody v. MJF for the belt.

WWE struggles to maintain 2m on Smackdown.

XFL is more successful than expected, but despite clearing the low bar, never turns a dime of profit. Vince possibly continues funding it until his death, at which time it is quietly shuttered.

Serious rumblings start up about WWE looking to sell before the next round of TV upfronts/expiration of blood money sinks the asking price. Names mentioned include Disney/Fox, and surprisingly Netflix. If Vince dies/steps down, it’s even money on the deal being done by 2021.

Wrestlemania is a wet fart. Roman/Rock proves impossible due to scheduling conflicts/insurance concerns. Roman/Lesnar: This poo poo Again is booed so loud the dead mics pick it up. Rousey stays out, Bazler is added in the Rousey role of a triple threat redo and loses to Charlotte in a controversial ending which allows Becky to call bullshit.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

The next person to suffer the #14 curse will be Seth Rollins

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I predict that I am going to remain undefeated at wrestlemania

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i also predict that sanada will be in the g1

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Raku will continue to have no singles wins in TJPW.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

bloodysabbath posted:

Mox takes the belt from Jericho. If there’s a second title change outside of the rubber match, it’s MJF (via gently caress finish/Wardlow) to set up Cody’s blood feud that ultimately leads to Cody v. MJF for the belt.

WWE struggles to maintain 2m on Smackdown.

XFL is more successful than expected, but despite clearing the low bar, never turns a dime of profit. Vince possibly continues funding it until his death, at which time it is quietly shuttered.

Serious rumblings start up about WWE looking to sell before the next round of TV upfronts/expiration of blood money sinks the asking price. Names mentioned include Disney/Fox, and surprisingly Netflix. If Vince dies/steps down, it’s even money on the deal being done by 2021.

Wrestlemania is a wet fart. Roman/Rock proves impossible due to scheduling conflicts/insurance concerns. Roman/Lesnar: This poo poo Again is booed so loud the dead mics pick it up. Rousey stays out, Bazler is added in the Rousey role of a triple threat redo and loses to Charlotte in a controversial ending which allows Becky to call bullshit.

Bold to predict Vince is gonna die next year but I'm looking forward to it!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

1. Asuka (from the Japanese indies not WWE) gets booked in AEW. She probably uses a different name in America but there are still plenty of bad faith posts from both WWE fans and transphobes.

2. Chigusa Nagayo finally books some sort of joshi supershow

3. Kidani replaces Rossy Ogawa with another less controversial figure by the end of the year

4. Kenny Omega wins the KO-D Openweight Championship and main events their Saitama Super Arena show

5. Okada wins no titles but wins the G1

6. Gatoh Move run Korakuen Hall

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Charlotte Vs. Lacey Evans will headline a Saudi Show for the Smackdown women's title.

Undertaker will have his final match, losing to the Fiend

Cain Velasquez will win the royal rumble and headline mania against Brock

Donald Trump will appear on Smackdown

Seth and Cain will team up against Rey, naming their stable with AOP the Nephilim

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
My predictions are all booking related since that's the only thing I think is fun to try and predict, and it's all New Japan since that's all I watch.

• There's going to be a massive shakeup of the New Japan roster. Chaos and Bullet Club will remain mostly unchanged, possibly a few members leaving or coming in, but LIJ and Suzuki-gun will go through much larger changes. There's rumors of Suzuki leaving the company and EVIL and/or SANADA being positioned for big spots in the near future but even if those don't end up happening I think the current state of the factions has run its course.

• Kota Ibushi wins the New Japan Cup and challenges Tetsuya Naito for the Intercontinental Championship at Sakura Genesis (or whatever they call the big April show this year). Ibushi wins.

• Best of the Super Juniors finals are Ryu Lee vs Will Ospreay, with Lee facing Hiromu Takahashi for the Jr. Heavyweight Championship at Dominion. Hiromu retains.

• Dominion main event is Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Jon Moxley for the IWGP Championship. Naito retains.

• The Wrestle Kingdom contract won in the G1 Climax will be lost in a Briefcase Defense match for the first time.

No official prediction for who is involved in the finals or the briefcase match since the G1 will likely be its own massive prediction game, though as an early guess I'll say Okada, since he's bulletproof and can afford to lose it just to finally establish some stakes in those matches going forward.

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
Looking forward of having 0/5 predictions right next year.

1. Roman Reigns will main event WrestleMania.
2. Katsuyori Shibata will not wrestle, but he will take a bump.
3. WWE will break their revenue records.
4. A Dragon Gate stable will die and another will be born.
5. Toni Tamminen will win the Sisu8 tournament.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

BTF posted:

Looking forward of having 0/5 predictions right next year.

1. Roman Reigns will main event WrestleMania.
2. Katsuyori Shibata will not wrestle, but he will take a bump.
3. WWE will break their revenue records.
4. A Dragon Gate stable will die and another will be born.
5. Toni Tamminen will win the Sisu8 tournament.

poo poo I gotta make a Sisu8 prediction too. Hmm, I probably would’ve gone for him too but you picked the Ihan Birun Kova Jätkä already, so I’ll go for... Polar Pekko? Two babyfaces in a row doesn’t feel right but oh well

I guess anything can happen and we could get heel Pekko too.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Dec 17, 2019

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
NJPW predictions

- Hiromu beats Ospreay for the Jr title
- Ryu Lee wins BoSJ but can't beat Hiromu
- ELP takes the title off Hiromu but has a reasonably short title run
- SANADA wins the G1
- Suzuki-Gun is taken over by either Taichi or Sabre
- KENTA wins the IC belt at some point
- Aussie Open debut on a non UK NJPW tour once Davis is fit. They get over pretty quickly
- Naito's reign as double champ doesn't last beyond march

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
1. Gatoh Move will hold a show in London. It’ll be a mat show featuring a group of core Gatoh Move wrestlers (Emi, Mei and Lulu at least, Baliyan Akki as well), bolstered by U.K. based talent including Chris Brookes and all of Schadenfreude. Running at the same time as a Pro Wrestling EVE show to reduce travel costs; the show is successful enough to enable them to run more shows in 2021.

2. After working the 2020 Mae Young Classic (if it happens); Sareee signs with Stardom rather than WWE after they want her to work for NXT Japan rather than in the US

3. Kairi Hojo leaves WWE to return to Stardom, gets a major push but fails in a World Title challenge early in her return

4. After increased attendance in 2020: Stardom announces a Sumo Hall Show for 2021 while Chigusa Nagayo holds her own Joshi supershow in Sumo Hall in late 2020.

5. NXT Japan is announced but falters after a significant amount of key talent from their two main partner promotions (Sendai Girls and Big Japan, as rumoured) elect to go freelance over NXT Japan.

6. There’s a much greater presence by DDT on AEW: with Miyu Yamashita coming in for a prolonged run, as well as at least one major male DDT main eventer and if I had to guess I’d say Sasaki and Endo.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

worst possible timeline predictions that i extremely hope do not happen:

- AEW ratings slowly fall to sub 500K by this time next year
- Chris Jericho remains champion all year to the point where the fans turn on the promotion
- Britt Baker becomes AEW Women's Champion and holds it all year
- No AEW wrestler manages to break out and get over as the main face of the company
- Lucha Bros leave AEW and sign with WWE
- CM Punk signs with WWE and goes to NXT, faces Triple H in Saudi Arabia
- NXT ratings grow to over a million
- Smackdown ratings grow to 3 million keeping FOX happy
- RAW ratings stabilise at 2.5 million
- The XFL is a surprise hit
- Keith Lee is called up to the main roster and is put in a baby gimmick where he wears diapers to the ring
- Rusev re-signs with WWE and is put in a tag team with Bobby Lashley
- The Revival re-sign with WWE
- Kairi Sane re-signs with WWE
- Marty Scurll signs with WWE
- Flip Gordon signs with WWE
- All your favourites stay or go to WWE
- Vince McMahon buys ROH
- Seth Rollins becomes cool

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 17, 2019

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

1. Asuka (from the Japanese indies not WWE) gets booked in AEW. She probably uses a different name in America but there are still plenty of bad faith posts from both WWE fans and transphobes.

She should call herself Kana just to gently caress with the WWE folks

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

1. Gatoh Move will hold a show in London. It’ll be a mat show featuring a group of core Gatoh Move wrestlers (Emi, Mei and Lulu at least, Baliyan Akki as well), bolstered by U.K. based talent including Chris Brookes and all of Schadenfreude. Running at the same time as a Pro Wrestling EVE show to reduce travel costs; the show is successful enough to enable them to run more shows in 2021.

Is this a prediction or did you hear that Emi is planning to do this? because she is

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I’ve heard of the plans which is why I went into more detail since just saying something that I’ve heard is in the works would just be boring

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my only prediction for 2020 is katsuyori shibata will beat KENTA's rear end

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
NJPW:
Ibushi wins the heavyweight championship but holds it only until the spring.
Jay White takes the g1. He and Ospreay are the final.

AEW:
The second champions are The Young Bucks (this Wednesday), Moxley (next ppv) and Britt Baker (bash at the beach or Jericho Cruise)
Cody and MJF at Double or Nothing 2 or whatever they'll call it in Vegas in May. Stip will be Cody's career against Cody gaining the right to fight for a championship again, and Cody wins.
Brodie Lee debuts, and you know what that means
Kenny is champion by end of the year

WWE:
Keith Lee holds a Raw or Smackdown title in 2020.
The crowd continues to back Asuka and she wins a singles title at WrestleMania.
Daniel Bryan beats Bray for the Universal Title at WrestleMania.
Baron Corbin wins a belt at WrestleMania, no one cares
Roman beats Brock at Mania, the crowd goes apeshit and boos the show off air
Tomaso Ciampa wins the championship, he and Gargano have a face vs face title match at a Takeover

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hefty Leftist posted:

- Vince McMahon buys ROH

phew. thanks for this silver lining

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

About a week to go in Hell Year 2019. Now's the time to get in your predictions for 2020 (officially named "Satan's Putrid Rectum Year"), or, if you're a garbage coward, make adjustments to the ones you've already made!!!!!?

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Dec 24, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can you please count my prediction of another penis being shown. that of lars sullivan. even though it's 2019

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Let me add another prediction

Tanahashi wins the AEW title...In the Fall

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The year is almost over!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last moments to predict or change your existing ones.

I think I'm going to have to admit I'm an awful coward and figure out something else for my prediction on AEW/NJPW not working together next year. I didn't take into account that the Ace might suddenly decide maybe he should carry another dead as hell promotion on his back for funsies.

Any edits or predictions made after 2019 is over will not be considered and you will be laughed at brutally if you try to sneak something in. I don't care which timezone you live in

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Dec 30, 2019

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cavauro posted:

can you please count my prediction of another penis being shown. that of lars sullivan. even though it's 2019

I'm sorry Cavauro but rules are rules. We're going to need a 2020 wrestler penis.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Okada drops the belt at WK and doesn't hold it for the rest of the year.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Predictions have been made and we've put a bullet in 2019's head behind the barn. I've collected all the predictions in the second post and will mark any correct and incorrect ones as you post about them.

Happy new year wrestlemans goons, the game is now officially on

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

It looks like my predictions might have gotten missed when you were adding stuff to the second post

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Sorry, friend! I've added them to the list.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

extradite THIS! posted:

Predictions have been made and we've put a bullet in 2019's head behind the barn. I've collected all the predictions in the second post and will mark any correct and incorrect ones as you post about them.

Happy new year wrestlemans goons, the game is now officially on

Likely too late, but some predictions:

- Roman Reigns wins the Universal title at Wrestlemania
- comparing the January 1 rosters, someone with WWE leaves and joins AEW, and someone from AEW leaves and joins WWE.
- Ibushi wins the njpw heavyweight title after the G1
- no events on the Australian Indie scene are actually newsworthy in 2020
- TNA, ROH and MLW bizarrely all remain unsold

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

extradite THIS! posted:

For mine, I've already had one come true and one proven false:

- Tetsuya Naito will end the Wrestle Kingdom double-nighter as the joint IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Champion. - CORRECT
- Jon Moxley and Jericho will cost each other matches at Wrestle Kingdom, as a backdoor way to push an AEW storyline on a New Japan show. - INCORRECT

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Wazzu posted:

Likely too late, but some predictions:

- Roman Reigns wins the Universal title at Wrestlemania
- comparing the January 1 rosters, someone with WWE leaves and joins AEW, and someone from AEW leaves and joins WWE.
- Ibushi wins the njpw heavyweight title after the G1
- no events on the Australian Indie scene are actually newsworthy in 2020
- TNA, ROH and MLW bizarrely all remain unsold

*stares extremely sternly at u*

I still have trouble writing 2020 instead of 2019, so, FINE!!!!

edit: And yeah, there are so many predictions and promotions I might not follow closely so please post if you get something right or wrong my friends!

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 14, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Late prediction that doesn't count anyway because it's not even measurable but Syuri will go on a WOTY run that has people talking about her like they did Sareee last year. (Hopefully without the downer ending of getting lost in the WWE system)

Biscats n Gravy
Jun 13, 2018

Smile.
New stories of what Vince thinks counts as "SUCH GOOD poo poo" come out in similar fashion to the Jericho-Moxley interview but with Brodie Lee/Luke Harper, and possibly Mike Kanellis-Bennet this time around. Maybe (HOPEFULLY) The Revival too.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Okay then. So it's been a year, so I should bump this thread with my predictions.

Venomous posted:

By this time next year, the following will be the champions and tournament winners of these major companies:

WWE:

WWE Champion: Drew McIntyre

I was almost wrong. Phew.

Venomous posted:

Universal Champion: Roman Reigns

Bang on. Tribal Chief, best wrestler in the Fed, always comes through.

Venomous posted:

Intercontinental Champion: Ricochet

ahahahahaha no :smith: then again the guy's become a giant bootlicker over the past year so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Venomous posted:

US Champion: Roderick Strong

Nope, still in NXT. (Probably for the best at this point.)

Venomous posted:

Raw Tag Team Champions: Bobby Lashley and Rusev

I maintain that this time last year, this was a realistic prediction.

Venomous posted:

Smackdown Tag Team Champions: The Street Profits

Oh hey, I'm actually right on this. Imagine that.

Venomous posted:

Raw Women's Champion: Lacey Evans

Thankfully, no. I'm very much okay with Asuka holding this tbh.

Venomous posted:

Smackdown Women's Champion: Charlotte Flair

Well, at least I thought it'd be a Horsewoman.

Venomous posted:

Women's Tag Team Champions: The Kabuki Warriors

Haha, yeah. The uhhh Kabuki Warriors. :smith: Such a shame that Kairi's still tied to that loving company.

Venomous posted:

NXT Champion: Tyler Breeze

I mean, at least I realised it'd be an NXT alumnus.

Venomous posted:

NXT NA Champion: Austin Theory

I have heard literally nothing about Austin Theory for a few months now. I assume he's languishing in the Main Event scene.

Venomous posted:

NXT Tag Team Champions: #DIY

...fair.

Venomous posted:

NXT Women's Champion: Ronda Rousey

Thank the loving Lord that the TERF hasn't come back yet.

Venomous posted:

Cruiserweight Champion: Malcolm Bivens

I still expect this to happen when they want to retire the Cruiserweight belt.

Venomous posted:

NXT UK Champion: Zack Gibson

I mean ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it's probably for the best that Walter's still the champ, given how Nothing NXT UK is otherwise.

Venomous posted:

NXT UK Tag Team Champions: Imperium

Joe Coffey used to be one of my favourite wrestlers. loving rapist piece of poo poo. Anyway, Mark Coffey and Wolfgang are whatever.

Venomous posted:

NXT UK Women's Champion: Millie McKenzie

Didn't expect Kay Lee Ray would STILL be holding it, but then again nobody expected the plague lmao.

Venomous posted:

(Holy poo poo the WWE has far too many titles)

Nothing, of course, has changed.

Venomous posted:

Royal Rumble winner: Roman Reigns

I honestly expected Roman to come in at #30 and spear Brock out of the ring. I'm glad that Drew proved me wrong.

Venomous posted:

Money In The Bank winner: Baron Corbin

That honestly would have been smarter than the fuckin Otis storyline.

Venomous posted:

King of the Ring winner: Bobby Lashley

haha, yeah. King of the Ring. Because they were really going to do another KOTR. Christ.

Venomous posted:

AEW:

AEW Champion: Kenny Omega

Called it.

Venomous posted:

AEW Women's Champion: Nyla Rose

I did feel like Nyla would have it back by now. Fair enough tho, Shida's a good champ.

Venomous posted:

AEW Tag Team Champions: The Lucha Bros

nothing to say about this one tbh.

Venomous posted:

NJPW:

IWGP Heavyweight Champion: SANADA

lmao, THAT will never happen.

Venomous posted:

IWGP Intercontinental Champion: EVIL

I did think they'd split the belts by now lmao.

Venomous posted:

IWGP US Champion: Minoru Suzuki

Could've easily happened tbh. Fair play on Mox tho.

Venomous posted:

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion: Hiromu Takahashi

Tossup tbh. I did hope Hiromu would hold it all year, but oh well.

Venomous posted:

IWGP Tag Team Champions: Shingo Takagi and Tetsuya Naito

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Venomous posted:

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: Roppongi 3k

Get well soon, Yoh. :smith: Still a tossup, anyway.

Venomous posted:

NEVER Openweight Championship: Tomoyuki Oka

Well, I'm pretty sure he'll win it soon enough. Still, I see Shingo holding it past Wrestle Kingdom.

Venomous posted:

NEVER 6-Man: GOD and Taiji Ishimori

Another ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ prediction there.

Venomous posted:

New Japan Cup winner: Jay White

Easy to see it happening, considering Jay beat Naito, but what happened happened and I didn't see EVIL doing it tbh.

Venomous posted:

Best of the Super Juniors winner: Bandido

He could have done it if it weren't for the fuckin plague.

Venomous posted:

G1 Climax winner: Kazuchika Okada
(Will he hold it to the Tokyo Dome?: Yes)

No, and holy poo poo, no. Goddamn, Jay. This is going to be an interesting Wrestle Kingdom.

Venomous posted:

Young Lion Cup winner: Yuya Uemura

Once again, I blame the plague. At least there was some kind of Young Lion competition in the G1 C-Block, but of course Uemura had to come last in that.

Venomous posted:

Super Junior Tag League winners: Hirai Kawato and Ryu Lee

Yet again, nobody could have predicted the plague.

Venomous posted:

World Tag League winners: Tomohiro Ishii and YOSHI-HASHI

I should have realised it'd be Ishii and Yano/Goto and Y-H. Oh well.

Venomous posted:

AJPW:

Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion: Jake Lee

Ahahaha no :( goddamn, I never thought AJPW would take such a drastic dip in quality as it has this year.

Venomous posted:

World Tag Team Champions: Kento Miyahara and Yuma Aoyagi

Well, they just won the WSDTL, so it's probably theirs next month.

Venomous posted:

World Junior Heavyweight Champion: ACH

Well, at least he's working for a Japanese company again now :unsmith:

Venomous posted:

All Asia Tag Team Champions: Naoya Nomura and Yuji Okabayashi

Naoya :smith: I thought he'd be back by now, and I thought Yuji would be working more in AJPW these days.

Venomous posted:

Gaora TV Champion: Masaaki Mochizuki

It's STILL Yoshitatsu???? Goddamn.

Venomous posted:

Jr. Battle of Glory winner: Tajiri

Another plague-stricken event: the Jr. Battle of Glory. Oh well, there's next year.

Venomous posted:

Champion Carnival winner: Jake Lee

...come on.

Venomous posted:

Jr. Tag Battle of Glory winner: Koji Iwamoto and uhh Ultimo Dragon?

Again, no dice due to the plague.

Venomous posted:

Royal Road Tournament winner: Kento Miyahara

Same as above.

Venomous posted:

World's Strongest Tag Determination League winners: The End

The plague really did a number on AJPW, huh. Props to Kento and Yuma tho.

Venomous posted:

NOAH:

GHC Heavyweight Champion: Katsuhiko Nakajima

I honestly thought that Go was done for against Nakajima. Goddamn. 

Venomous posted:

GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion: Chris Ridgeway

Not yet, and again I blame the plague. Soon, hopefully. Chris Ridgeway loving rules.

Venomous posted:

GHC National Champion: Kaito Kiyomiya

Nearly. Goddamn nearly. Dangit, Kenoh, you wonderful bastard :(

Venomous posted:

GHC Tag Team Champions: Muhammad Yone and Quiet Storm

Didn't think Storm would leave NOAH, but oh well.

Venomous posted:

GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions: Hayata and YO-HEY

Predicted their win, but not that Hayata would be such a traitorous bastard. At least I'm half right.

Venomous posted:

Global Tag League winner: AXIZ

Nearly had it. Never suspected Rene Dupree and Wagner Jr. Jr., of all people.

Venomous posted:

Global Junior Heavyweight Tag League winners: Hayata and YO-HEY

Didn't happen, but oh well.

Venomous posted:

Global Junior Heavyweight League winner: Kotaro Suzuki

Not once did I expect Harada.

Venomous posted:

N1 Victory Winner: Kaito Kiyomiya

Nearly. In fairness, I really shouldn't have predicted that Kaito would win the N1 and lose the challenge.

So yeah. That's uhhh 4/57. When I said I'd have 99% of them wrong, I guess I was underselling myself by uhh 6%. Still, 7% isn't a great result lmao. Congrats to everyone in wrestling for making this fuckin brilliant spectacle not as predictable as I thought.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lamuella posted:

1. Jim Ross will step down from fulltime commentary on AEW, either for a more active backstage role or for PPV-only commentary
2. NJPW and Stardom will cross over with at least one New Japan branded show featuring Stardom talent
3. NJPW Royal Quest will become an annual event.
4. AEW will introduce a second men's singles title, but not until fall 2020.

1. Wrong
2. Right but not televised
3. Wrong
4. Right on the title, wrong on the timing.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

My predictions:
-AEW women’s tag titles come in Fall 2020, Bea & Hayter are the first champions.
-AEW sets up developmental relationships with at least one of the following: PWG, HOG or Beyond
-TNT cuts a couple commercial blocks from Dynamite in favor of Excalibur doing ad spots live in-show
-Keith Lee wins a non-NXT strap by the end of 2020

1. 1/3 right? Got the tag cup, was wrong on the timing and winners.
2. Wrong, but interested to see how this played out if the pandemic doesn’t happen and Dark doesn’t change to what it is. Does feel like Beyond has ended up being a de facto farm team though.
3. Wrong, but we did start getting PIP and presenting sponsors.
4. Wrong, no but.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Drew McIntyre posted:

the ancient redwood will wither in the shadow of the sapling

my only prediction was correct, giving me a 100% success rate