Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
What was the best game this year, or hell, this decade? Post about what really hit you, imps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I for one, loved Outer Wilds. Flying around in a space ship, discovering mysteries, confusing people into thinking I liked Fallout, and getting people really mad about the epic store, it all struck a chord with me.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

Witcher 3 is my current all time favorite. Writing, atmosphere, music, the detail in the world, if the gameplay were a bit better it would be the Perfect Game.

Settle this once and for all for me: should I play 1 & 2 first?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

My favorites of games that came out this year were RE2 remake, Pathologic 2, Death Stranding, Three Houses and Mario Maker 2. MM2 will continue to get updates and tweaks so I'll be playing for a long time.

Pathologic 2 was the best impulse buy triggered by a gog.com email flier I've ever made.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fargield posted:

Bloodborne is game of the decade...no question

I think Dark Souls is. Not just because it is a fine wine of gaming, but without it, we would not have had Bloodborne.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

staring at a burning candle thinking about all the good games this last decade has brought us while listening to enya - only time saying a quiet simple prayer for each one that has brought its light into my gaming life smiling at the portrait of Saint Iwata-sama whispering thank you

I think the real hosed up part is that the natural limitation of the human brain mean that there's surely great games that I loved dearly... but have forgotten.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Paging Mamkute to let us know who is winning the Golden Shovel for greatest disney tie-in this year.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I love gaming

It's really good.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

You can make an argument that Horizon 4 is one of the better open worlds of all time.

Truck nuts that shrink in the winter

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

musclebusiness posted:

goty is too close to call between Death Stranding and Sekiro. Dark Souls cleanly takes the crown for game of the decade...honorable mention goes out to monster hunter: world for being especially impactful to me personally

Many different games can be game of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Any of those end of decade lists are pointless when it comes to best game etc. The game of the decade is dark souls not because it’s “the best” but because of how completely it’s affected game development and descriptions in the decade hence

The game of the decade is under no circumstances the last of us, and anyone who suggests it is should be investigated for connections to missing women's cases in their area.