Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

enjoy being permabanned with the rest of the red dead 2 lovers in fyad you freak

Pls don’t bring this energy to the goty thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Played a couple of great games this year but it comes down to Breath of the Wild and Dark Souls for GOTY.

BOTW This is the first open world game that clicked with me. Even before I chatted to the old man in the Temple of Time I spent like an hour just climbing things and jumping into a lake because i thought I saw the Master Sword but landing on a hidden Korok. Why isn't every open world game so full of things to do but more importantly way more fun to get around in. Just an insanely polished and smooth experience too. It was crazy to me how all the physics and mechanics could interact and everytime I'd watch a youtube video I'd see someone do something I never realised you could do. Goddamn I wanna play it again rn.

Dark Souls I've tried to get into soulsborne games a bunch of times but would eventually drift away but finally stuck with it and got to the point where I was playing obsessively each day. Honestly can't think of a gaming experience that matches the hype when I beat O&S or the incredible tension when you drop into the abyss for the first time and have no idea wtf is happening. I love the online messages from other players makes it feel like you're all in it together. Except when they trick me into hitting a real wall, this is a criminal act.

In the end gotta go with BOTW. Dark Souls had the highest of highs in gaming but it was pretty uneven and had some really bad parts. Still head and shoulders above pretty much anything else I've played but compared to BOTW comes up a bit short. Insanely hyped to work through the rest of the From catalogue though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

As for game of the decade stuff, 2012 was the first year i ever learned how to do a fireball motion in a fighting game and now i have multiple sticks and go to locals and waste afternoons sitting in practice modes for games ill never play learning bnbs. id have to give it up to Tekken 7 for being one of all the time best and one that still kicks rear end and gets updatees all the time. and under night for being my favorite to play.

Taking my first steps on this noble gamer path this year

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I love gaming

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mgsv rules and that pan thing said I had the most hours on it of any PS4 game I played.

I don’t really have a game of the decade because I don’t really play the same things I used to

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Wot game you trying. There's lots of flavors out there, even though there's only been like 3 good FGs made this decade, and people keep making more and more lovely ones all the time.

Tekken 7 on imps recommendation and SFV Arcade because the visuals are tight

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

goferchan posted:

I just bought SFV because it's dirt cheap even though everyone hates it, i'll play with you

Hell yeah, PS4?

In Training posted:

I thought about buying the complete edition even though I hate sfv, but it's a drat good deal

get it and teach it to us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Any of those end of decade lists are pointless when it comes to best game etc. The game of the decade is dark souls not because it’s “the best” but because of how completely it’s affected game development and descriptions in the decade hence