Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Witcher 3 is my current all time favorite. Writing, atmosphere, music, the detail in the world, if the gameplay were a bit better it would be the Perfect Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Best game I played this year would be Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Might be my favorite jrpg ever.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Arrhythmia posted:

Settle this once and for all for me: should I play 1 & 2 first?

You don’t have to, but characters and storylines from previous games get advanced in 3. It all comes down to if you want to play technically worse games for the lore.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

first reply got it right, close the thread

I'm not mad at the people who said The Witness or Dark Souls, though. I'd file them as honorable mentions with EU4, Dishonored 1/2, Papers Please, Return of the Obra Dinn, Frostpunk, Rocket League, Edith Finch, EXAPUNKS, DXHR, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Bad Company 2 [...]

The best 2019 game I've played is Hunt: Showdown, but admittedly I haven't had a chance to play Sekiro, Pathologic 2, Disco Elysium, Death Stranding, or Baba Is You.

e: I played botw this year and it was decent not great. wouldn't crack my top 20

Mine is but one opinion among many. All are good.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

this one isn't:

That is called a joke, my friend.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

How did I forget Yakuza 0

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It's been a pretty good decade for games.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Jenny Agutter posted:

Forza horizon 4 is the first racing game that I got into enough to actually learn how to race competently and compete online, one of the best of the decade. Halo reach had the best shooter multiplayer of the decade

You can make an argument that Horizon 4 is one of the better open worlds of all time.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In Training posted:

If I ever got a Xbox this would be one of the first games I play, it looks so much fun

It’s on pc game pass fwiw

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

kinda curious about that BR in forza. Seems like it could be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah I really loved Neir Automata too. Fantastic game.

I really need to get around to playing that.