Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Just out of curiosity, if you actually shoot people in the gun minigame, is that a game over or an actual secondary path? I can't imagine they wrote the dialogue and branches supporting every single combination of survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

That's a bit unfair, as she also made a show of force by pretending to murder Joe, so that threw everyone the hell off-balance.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

That wouldn't make sense, since he's been trusting from the get-go, but he would not have knowledge of who is the keymaster until Sara scanned her card, as presumably that's when he's told who is a keymaster.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm hoping he accidentally talks himself into being the one EVERYONE votes for :munch:.

And then he would activate his sacrifice card, because of course he'll be one.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Indoctrination theory? I'm familliar with dead Squall at least.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

tomanton posted:

I'm assuming Q-Taro was going to pour Sara's me-tokens directly into Sou's gaping mouth or something, which is understandable since Keiji callously cut him from the squad.

In a naming coincidence it reminds me of the opening chapters of Kaiji, where Kaiji forgives a similar betrayal, reasoning "this is a life-or-death game and we're in it for the long haul, i need allies who trust me and they won't do that if i turn my back on people the moment they become a hindrance". We'll see how Keiji's gamesmanship shakes out :munch:

And to be fair that line of thought didn't work out all that well, if you recall how it worked out.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Well, at least the solution to this one is super-easy, you just push Reko down on the spikes, because SHE IS A DOLL YOU ABSOLUTE DUMMIES.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

In any case, if this isn't a real branching point, then Nao or fake Reko will do it for us. (Or the pushing could just fail.)

look closely at the last line of the update, it clearly states that it's an important decision.
With that in mind push, while we can say that fake Reko is almost a human, she is however worth less, as unlike normal humans, she can be rebuilt or repaired, or have her memory of this whole debacle erased.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

wologar posted:

Exactly this. Spare her.
I'll reiterate that no it's not goddamn exactly this.
It's pointless to think about killing doll!Reko in terms of human suffering caused, because you could argue that dying from poison while completely helpless is worse than dying on the spikes knowing you saved someone, and also because as discussed, you end up arguing in circles.
It's best to measure the decisions in terms of harm caused:
If you don't push, you lose 1 (one) human life.
If you push you cause a doll to cease functioning.
It's a distinction people keep overlooking for some reason, but even if the kidnappers are unlikely to do so, the doll has an advantage of not necessarily remembering any suffering when reactivated. It doubles up when you consider that unlike a human she CAN be reactivated.

This ties into a real philosophical rabbit hole of whether the reactivated doll!Reko would be the same, especially since you could also make any number of identical dolls, at which point, you start running into a classical question of what exactly grants individuality to a person and whether such thing even exists, which we shouldn't be digging into here.

Regardless, when our choice is to lose something valuable and irreplaceable, and losing something valuable, but replaceable, there is really no reason to even hesitate.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Jefepato posted:

why does Safalin try so hard to convince Sara not to keep using the machine

Going by the guy's introduction in the end, we are having a despair/malice/negative emotions thing going on here and becoming addicted to a mind-wiper is not how you generate those.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

When it comes to the percentages as survival chances, the fact that they add up to 100% is probably a point against it - particularly, Nao is not on the cards, so is in the group that is implicitly 0%. But Mishima is at 3%, meaning they have concocted some scenarios where he outlives her - but everything we've seen has him throwing himself in harm's way to protect her. He's managed to die for her twice! There's no way he'd have a higher chance of survival than her.

Unless it does have to do with the AIs, as above, anyway.

it's possible the 3% is in situations where Nao doesn't even make it past the very first trial, so he has no reason to sacrifice himself quite so easily.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

They're paired together in the first trial!

And it's still possible for him to gently caress it up very badly, become depressed and sufficiently unnoticeable to coast to victory?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

No way is it going to be this easy, even besides the meta-knowledge that the devs are still working to finish the game. They might not be caught but that exit's not going to just let them out somewhere in Tokyo or whatever at the very least.

I mean the most obvious interpretation is that it's a trap and they are gonna walk right into the main game chamber.
If Sou knows, he probably did it just so he could avoid giving anyone an opportunity to trade.
If he doesn't haha whooops.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Splendid, just splendid. That guy is a little nuts tho.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Absolute clowns, everyone in there.

Also at least now we get an explanation on why a convict would have wildly dyed hair.
(update on last page, it has clowns)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

300% yikes on this one.