Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Honestly I'm also getting the feeling that Q-Taro is the either the Sacrifice or just generically trying to sacrifice himself, and he's trying to be a gigantic rear end in a top hat to draw votes.

Oh gee I wonder if the person wearing the prison outfit and handcuffs and ball/chain could be Alice, a murderer, and also a liar.

No, surely even a murderer wouldn't lie about their name.

Also, another detective?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh, I get it.

The Sage can't lie about the divination. So Kanna absolutely cannot be the Sage, because she lied about the design on the card.

But, uh, nowhere in the rules does it actually say the Sage will know the design of the Keymaster card, just who it is. They've just sort of made that assumption up out of whole cloth?

So Joe's not it too, because by this logic he lied about seeing the design as a result of the divination. He either saw Sara's card with his eyes, or got a good guess at the design.

That leaves Sou or Kai. Sou's not claiming Sage, but then why would he? It's suicide. And I don't know if Sou technically "lied about the result of the divination" by agreeing with Kanna... but I'm not going to lean on that because it's shaky.

And honestly I'm not really bothered which it is. But we can at least rule Sou out as Sacrifice, or else he would've claimed Sage instead of Keymaster. So he should be safe for everyone to vote for.

That leaves the three people who claimed Sage as Sacrifice candidates, because why else would you claim it? (Well, Joe did it to save Sara.)

If Joe's only motive is getting Sara out and he's the Sacrifice, he wouldn't have told people not to vote for him when outing himself as the Sage. He could've just taken the resulting hail of votes, chosen Sara as his one to save, and walked out.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 16, 2020

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I know that Sou is the correct option, but man am I tempted to say "comedy self-vote option, gently caress you everyone dies".

Kai tripping ALL the death flags with that "I'll tell all" promise though.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Jesus christ. Who did they all piss off to have to be put through this poo poo?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Keiji's a good lad, we should trade with him. Alice basically already gave us the secret anyway, we can go ask the receptionist doll about the secret menu.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I can see taking the dog as one of those "take a large-ish penalty now and if you can deal with that it'll pay off really well later" things.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

limeicebreakers posted:

Nao just gave a grade-schooler coffee, huh

This is great, he can just vibrate against the wall and phase through it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm genuinely confused about Sou doing a genuinely good thing. He got nothing out of it too, he would've gotten the laptop regardless, so why? Is there a part of him that isn't a complete monster?

His AI is on the fritz, obviously.

I'm now beginning to be paranoid that everyone is a robot.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Haha, no way burger man. We see you walking around in front of the 200 token machine and now you want tokens?

Whatever's in that thing can't be good since it requires you to get people to give you 100 additional tokens on top of the ones you have to trade. It's singling out the most trusted person.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Do not push. There could still be other options and there's always muscle gorilla. If it would take all five to kill him (and it should he has the most constitution here) I would wager he should be... alive after four, at the very least.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Veryslightlymad posted:

Sou might also find pushing the robot/doll/whatever to be gross, given his actual response to her crying about it was "this feels wrong---she's even crying like a real person would"

Or maybe he's just playing it up so he can paint Sara as even more of a monster when she does it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
At the very least, for metagaming reasons I imagine pushing her means Reko dies anyway somehow, or someone else dies. I can't see the branches having uneven numbers of living characters in them. Just for like, voting reasons.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

wologar posted:

From a story standpoint, it may be better to have Alice survive, as he claimed a while back that he had killed someone with Sou's name.

Yeah Alice is definitely one of the people I want to hear more out of. And we can't get his tokens, so.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Kind of want to play the whole game from Sou's (clearly paranoid and/or extremely anxious) perspective now. Where Sara is a hideous monster who friendship-no-jutsus everyone into being her pawns.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I mean it's entirely possible that the percentages adding up to 100% just means "of the games that end with a winner, what % chance does each person win".

Or maybe surviving the Death Game and winning it are entirely different things. Maybe surviving via being voted for as Sacrifice is surviving, sure, but not winning. The game is considered a failure.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
He really didn't waste any time huh. Unless he has 50 more tokens stashed away that was kind of a silly move. I would think rule 1 for this game would be "always have enough tokens to revert any bad trades you get".

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I honestly just think Miley is an agent of chaos at this point. I assume it's Safalin she's talking to.

But she gives Sara the papers, ostensibly against the rules, and yet also seems to be dedicated to the ideals of the Death Game? Unless she's doing it just to gently caress Gashu's round up. If they have collars maybe they're all in competition with each other too.

Another thing: Gashu says "candidates". For what? Just to win? Is this the weirdest hazing ever?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I've got it. Sou Hiyori is actually the scarf, and the person we know as Sou is just its current host.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Mindblast posted:

So on one hand Safalin doesn't mind making use of Sara if she ends up abusing the mind eraser, but also will help them get an important chip? And is obligated to make the crazy robot suffer right before it dies.

The gently caress is her angle?

Judging by Gashu having a collar, the relationship between the Floor Masters and whoever's actually organised this thing (Asu-Naro, I assume) might be nearly as antagonistic as the players'.

Maybe this is all just two different tiers of exam taking place at once. The players are fighting for induction to Asu-Naro, and the Floor Masters are already members, and are vying for a promotion?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Sou dropping the "miss" from "miss Sara" when he gets happy, there.

Might be genuine.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I presume Keiji feels like he should've faced consequences and that his mentor perverted justice to save him.

Anyway, I guess Sou. If he isn't the sacrifice we can get rid of him, if he is he's getting into the final vote anyway via self voting. Safest vote imo.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Magic Fanatic posted:

That's the problem, though. If Q-Taro was the Sage, then he couldn't claim the role of Keymaster, because that'd violate the rules of being the Sage - namely, he couldn't role claim himself as the Keymaster...

I wonder. The sage can't lie about the results of the divination. That wasn't a divination, though. He's not saying "I am the Sage, and X is the Keymaster."

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

EDIT: If you recall what happened after Sara woke up, we didn't have time to check our own tablet before being whisked off to the Main Game. It's a longshot, but it's possible that Q-Taro didn't check his tablet or that his tablet was swapped (let's say with Sou) and he doesn't even know his own role right now.

Sara still has Q-Taro's original tablet, I'm pretty sure. She picked it up when she found him stunned, and never had a chance to give it back. Unless Gashu removed it when they were taken to their pre-Game rooms, she still has it. Q-Taro was given a replacement, per Gashu, so I guess he didn't take the original. You're right, time was tight, he might never have checked after that.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Mr. Vile posted:

All this proves is that Kanna made the final trade. We still don't know if it was her own card she traded for the Sacrifice or if she swapped Sara's Sacrifice with, say, Sou's Commoner.

Oh god if Kanna betrayed Sou like that... I don't think she has it in her, though, she'd trade for her own card if anyone's. Kanna wouldn't kill someone.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Dammit now I kind of want to drag Shin across the finish line out of sheer spite.

gently caress your numbers!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
All of the mysteries converge around Sou Hiyori.

The real Sou Hiyori.

Alice killed him, Shin took his name. Kai was able to recover his file. Even Q-Taro had a reaction to seeing his picture. He's involved in the Death Game, or was supposed to be. There's even a chance he was the guy who was "mean" to Kanna in her flashback. I'm sure he probably has some unrevealed links to other cast members too; he's in here thick as anything. And everyone completely forgot about him until they looked directly at his face.

Shin has the strongest link to him, other than perhaps Alice. If we're going to completely unravel all this, we're going to want Shin around. Even if he despises us. Hey, Safalin still has her machine, right? So as if defying Asu-Naro's predictions and numbers and their torture of Shin isn't reason enough to keep him, there's all that too.

So my vote will go to Kanna. Because it's perfectly in-keeping with this game that the choice that feels wrong is actually right.

I half don't believe all this is real anyway. If they can simulate death games ad nauseam, who's to say this isn't one? It would explain all the batshit technology around, like the dolls. And the surveillance despite nobody noticing any cameras. And why the exit is caved in; it literally doesn't exist (yet?). There's nothing behind it.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 13, 2020

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

wologar posted:

Why would Sara have such a high chance of victory? If she wasn't player-controlled, I would bet more on Keiji (and Reko) because they seem to be a better mix of cutthroat and friendly.

Sara's dad is involved in some way. It could be that this is literally all set up by all of their parents (the orphanage in Q-Taro's case) who are members of Asu-Naro "competing" by proxy through their children. So maybe she's just been taught better?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
My read is that there was enough data collected to have a Joe AI (else why was there a doll?) but they never actually bothered putting it together, and Sou did that. Then in the Kanna ending he added his malicious code on top? Or he'd already done that and in this ending his final act was removing the bits he layered over the top of it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Can I raise the comedy option of Fuckface, in proud Pokemon tradition? No, it's not serious, I don't want to ruin the game. It deserves better. But someone had to say it!

(But is there a profanity filter on the name input?)

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Poor Hinako seems to have been left out entirely. Although I guess her Victim Video was almost more about Rio than her.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Whatever coffin you pick is getting fired into space, isn't it? You know, like if you imagine it as a giant revolver...

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Tylana posted:

How certain are we that the Komaeda in this game is or is not a doll?

Reasonably?

I don't think we've seen a verifiably human Komaeda yet. There's the rocket punch one, the one we had the head for, and the one Alice "killed";

(See? No blood.)

Was there ever a real Sou Hiyori?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

King of Bleh posted:

Maximum fuckery: Hinako is human, Komaeda is human, Gin is a doll and has been the whole time. Because why not.

Komaeda can't be human now if the coffin control system's report from the start of the game is true.

Which means in addition to all the Komaedas we've "met", there's another actual real human one out there, dead or armless.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Hypocrisy posted:

I wonder why he picked #2.

He can't pick Gin's due to the wish.

He can't pick the other glowing one or his ruse is instantly exposed when he doesn't die. And he's banking on them just immediately slamming the button without thinking so he can have his next turn right away, so he needs to leave it alone.

He can't pick a normal non-glowing coffin or he risks hitting himself on a 1/3 chance, and even if he doesn't die, he's narrowing down the field if they figure the ruse out.

girl dick energy posted:

Which could, in turn, accidentally tip his hand? “No matter which you pick, it’ll be red” feels like something that’ll matter, with the mention of careless statements.

Isn't Keiji supposed to be in one of those?

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Oct 12, 2021

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Huh, I was sure the trick was going to have something to do with the spare Komaeda doll Keiji was trying to get up and running. Whatever happened to that?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

blakelmenakle posted:

I believe so. Makes me wonder though if Mishima's collar will come into play in the next chapter (or even who has it at this point).

My pet theory was that Gin was carrying the head in that stuffed animal, but that seems to not be the case now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Elite posted:

And the ‘Komaeda was the guy in my memories orchestrating things reveal gets used WAY too many times.

Makes me wonder. Has there ever been a one of these games where no, the participants really are just 10-12 random people with no connected backstories or uniting incident in their past?