Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I really can’t stand rick beato but I might watch this anyway because that song fuckin rules
feel ya, his content is good but his presentation wears on me kinda often. Do you have some other channels that do this sort of analysis you'd recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Beato rambles a lot but he seems to know like everything

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

feel ya, his content is good but his presentation wears on me kinda often. Do you have some other channels that do this sort of analysis you'd recommend?

Adam Neely is pretty good. Tim Pierce is cool too if you want another old guy.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

gonna start calling a "minor triad" a "perfect epstein" instead

fuckin second times a charm boys

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
my senior manager used the r word twice in a meeting today. trying to figure out how to reverse dox

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i hear people say it a lot whenever i deal with road crew and other kindsa construction workers at my job

it's v much a blue collar word

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KoRMaK posted:

For example, the 6th note of the major scale is the first note of the minor scale. So if I have the scale of C major, it means the relative minor is A minor, also known as a "perfect epstein"

:monocle:

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/danielzklein/status/1220438808686223365?s=20

https://twitter.com/danielzklein/status/1220446237805158401?s=20

nick is like the dark getfiscal lol

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I really can’t stand rick beato but I might watch this anyway because that song fuckin rules

i think he's alright but yeah for some reason he pisses off a lot of people

i think it's because the youtube algorithm lumps him in with a bunch of guitar channels and those people are really dumb

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

holy gently caress that's a tactical nuke of a nick tweet

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
lotta tattlers mad they can't speak to his manager

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i think he's alright but yeah for some reason he pisses off a lot of people

i think it's because the youtube algorithm lumps him in with a bunch of guitar channels and those people are really dumb

He definitely knows his poo poo but he seems kinda up his own rear end and reminds me of a lovely teacher I had.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
if we broke up the big banks, would that end comedic use of the r word?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
very leftist political thinkboy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Game designer at Respawn working on Apex Legends, previously @magnopus
and @riotgames
. Opinions are my own. Social Justice Wendigo. Love your dogs. He/him

wasn't riot games that place that was found to be engaging in widespread sexual harassment of their female employees

also lol he fucks dogs

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/1220473391133724673

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Shipon posted:

holy gently caress that's a tactical nuke of a nick tweet
lol

gently caress i kinda wanna share it but its also fuckin dumb, but this thread would defintely get it cuz its sopranos

a fb friend changed their pic to a paulie pepe and i just noticed today and while its fuckin hilarious im gonna have to cancel him

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

wasn't riot games that place that was found to be engaging in widespread sexual harassment of their female employees

yea.

i read an article about them and it was pretty loving funny. management would tell women "we only hire gamers here" during interviews and when the women responded that they like video games, the interviewers would respond with "you probably just play The Sims and stuff, that doesn't count"

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Check it out bros: what if Sonic the Hedgehog was a Jewish Asian and also a *bleep*

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Check it out bros: what if Sonic the Hedgehog was a Jewish Asian and also a *bleep*

idgi

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ozvHUtdE_o

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

https://twitter.com/seanmccarthycom/status/1220465861712019457?s=21

Serf
May 5, 2011

honestly i think the issue is that libs want their comedians to impart political opinions, and so transgressive comedy just doesn't fly because if you are trying to divine a political stance from it the comedian becomes a bad person

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I think gwenth paltrow already got this trademarked

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Serf posted:

honestly i think the issue is that libs want their comedians to impart political opinions, and so transgressive comedy just doesn't fly because if you are trying to divine a political stance from it the comedian becomes a bad person

I wanna understand these words but please stop using classitly gated words like transgressive, makes these takes so hard to parse cuz I can't tell who is on either side of the equation of the word

Lol yea I saw that too a couple hours ago but now poo poo peep that ratio. It's still buried in loving terminology tho but I think I barely grasp it... ?

Serf
May 5, 2011

basically i think of cum town as the show that i shouldn't find funny but do anyways. listening to it has not changed my political opinions and i don't expect nick mullen to tell me what to think

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
He’s the president of the DSA

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
they think Hannah gadsby is a household name

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Serf posted:

basically i think of cum town as the show that i shouldn't find funny but do anyways. listening to it has not changed my political opinions and i don't expect nick mullen to tell me what to think
feel ya, same here

the loving head over heels sucking dick turning gay was insanely good today on this ep. nick loving hit the high notes, and like hit the notes inbetween it was really good, and funny.

but seriously wtf does transgressive mean here i keep seeing it and i keep having to guess what it means. to be transgressive means you have to transgress agaisnt someone or some people right? nick is transgressive agasint.... everyone and everything so like in your post which of his targets do you mean?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
transgressive is against what is socially permitted in society itself, so not directly the people of society.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i did this joke better in a follow up post, pease, PLEASE, quote that instead and also find me on twitter im desperate for affirmation

Serf
May 5, 2011

KoRMaK posted:

feel ya, same here

the loving head over heels sucking dick turning gay was insanely good today on this ep. nick loving hit the high notes, and like hit the notes inbetween it was really good, and funny.

but seriously wtf does transgressive mean here i keep seeing it and i keep having to guess what it means. to be transgressive means you have to transgress agaisnt someone or some people right? nick is transgressive agasint.... everyone and everything so like in your post which of his targets do you mean?

its not particularly transgressive to me. like on the surface level you could find african guy, mexican day laborer or the iranian voicemails bits to be offensive, but the joke isn't in the voice, its in the absurd situations they construct for the sake of the joke

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
lol'ing that i get called a transphobe by a guy that doesnt know what transgressive means

listen bud, why dont you put down andrea dworkin and pick up a websters, ok

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

papa horny michael posted:

transgressive is against what is socially permitted in society itself, so not directly the people of society.

Serf posted:

its not particularly transgressive to me. like on the surface level you could find african guy, mexican day laborer or the iranian voicemails bits to be offensive, but the joke isn't in the voice, its in the absurd situations they construct for the sake of the joke

ahh ok thank you all for taking the time to elaborate

its like that weird alt right fear or my uncle at thanskgiving fear about "PC CULTURE RUN AMOCK" but instead of an old white boomer its like a white liberal and they are missing the point and once again not processing what is going on and, well with enougnh time, will be dropping bombs on brown kids and weddings just the same as the dumb boomer uncle too

in both cases, they arent paying attention to what matters and buying into some cargo culting bs about whats acceptible. scarily tho, the alt right THOUGHT they were descronstructing this but they instead were like dumb asses who think could never get scammed and by which end up being the BIGGEST marks for a scam. somehow, i and we in this thread, are smarter

:tinfoil:

"if you get wheelchairs we get wigs... we both had a rough time for a while but we learned some things"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Scionix posted:

lol'ing that i get called a transphobe by a guy that doesnt know what transgressive means

listen bud, why dont you put down andrea dworkin and pick up a websters, ok
why dont u just lube up and gently caress my rear end already, jesus chill out

Serf
May 5, 2011

if you can't laugh at the idea of old, nude nick mullen asking his wife's lover where his bag of mixed superglue and open markers is, i dunno what to tell you

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://youtu.be/vc3crZBkt4c

this character is transgressive

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

nicks quote about the donkey and ameircan worker at the end of the pod regarding American Factory was spot on, he didnt fuckin paraphrase - it really was that stark. i finished the docu tonight, its loving ncredible. its like nick mullen is playing EVERY part, in chinese face and amercian face

theres like at least 4 more instances of this kind of corporate level mutli thousnad dollar expendature to spread this message with this wording in the film, and thats like only 15% of the movies hosed up ness

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
trans-gressive? but enough about the people mad at nick's tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Goodnight, kormak