Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I'm running two different games we are planning on kickstarting later this year.

https://www.gencon.com/event_finder?search=Algeria

https://www.gencon.com/event_finder?search=Dirt+dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Oof, Malort....

Malort owns.

The second shot of Malort, however...

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Malort owns.

The second shot of Malort, however...

Malort shots only get better as you go.

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
Did not realize the wish list had to be submitted manually.
1400th in line after being 30 seconds late.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I paid so little attention I did not even realize event registration was today. Or using a wishlist as usual, though clearly I should have known that.

No worries, just... Show up in Zoom with generics? Uh

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I just signed up for digital gencon to look at the digital dealer hall. I want unusual wedding jewelry, and I figured that would be the best place.

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
Wish I'd been able to do the Tomb of Horrors run

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dr. Quarex posted:

I paid so little attention I did not even realize event registration was today. Or using a wishlist as usual, though clearly I should have known that.

No worries, just... Show up in Zoom with generics? Uh

Obviously you feed the generics into the floppy disk slot.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
I signed up for the Shark Tank event, and hoping to go on with one or both of my game designs.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

My group and I were able to sign up for all the PACG events we wanted, which isn't a surprise since I know it's not a hugely in demand game. But because of the way they divided up the game sessions in TTS, we were able to specifically sign up for the really fun "DM" we try to get every year. Should make for a really fun Gen Con online. :shobon:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
My only non-Goon friend who tried to get tickets to games only got two of the twelve sessions she tried for, so kudos to people who had better luck. It is nice to see this concept proving popular even if I have no idea how anyone can play a tabletop game virtually without finding themselves playing Deus Ex instead

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Obviously you feed the generics into the floppy disk slot.

This makes me unreasonably delighted to envision

Yoda
Dec 11, 2003

A Jedi I am

Hello from a dead Rathskeller

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
:stare:

:staredog:

:siren: Second Life Gen-Con is going to be a thing :siren:

:confuoot:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I just have so many questions.

Also it's time to announce the second GOON DIGITAL GENCON EVENT

:siren: :siren: :siren: GOON TOVA :siren: :siren: :siren:

Time: gencon saturday TBD.

This will be something more like a swap meet with loosely defined rules.

You will not be selling your own item. You will get on video, hold up your item Vanna Wwhite style, while Quarex, I, or whoever else I can get reads your blurb and does their best to sell it.

Offers will be shouted out, etc, and you can find a good home for your item. Shipping is between you and whoever, don't bother me.

Think of it as somewhere between a math trade, a drunken free for all, and a flea market. Do not expect to make money. Expect to find a good home for that board game you're sick of looking at.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dr. Quarex posted:

:stare:

:staredog:

:siren: Second Life Gen-Con is going to be a thing :siren:

:confuoot:

Complete with an in-game version of the ICC. This is amazing.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I can hardly believe Gen Con just got me to install Second Life.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

nesbit37 posted:

I can hardly believe Gen Con just got me to install Second Life.

oh my god you sweet summer child

my friend who used to work at linden labs on the SL codebase always resented that i referred to his job as "the dog cock factory"

second life: come for gencon, stay for the bdsm sims, furry sims, and furry bdsm sims

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
before at gencon, people had to talk to me to determine i was a giant weiner

now thanks to second life and my giant purple dildo avatar, they don't have to!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Interested parties need to know: is there already an FFG Logo in cult robes avatar, or do I need to commission one?

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

I signed up for pitching at the shark tank event. No idea what publishers will be there yet or how it's going to work... But I'll be pitching at least one or my games.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
it starts ne
xt week you guys my hype lev

els

a
r
e

off

the

charts

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
I had a brief moment yesterday where I wondered if I'd forgotten to attend my events and realized oh no that's next week.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Have you decided what to sell at Digital TOVA?

Have you decided what to drink for digital shots wednesday?

The avatar someone bought me from the house thread really works for this post.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Happy Shots Wednesday!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

gangs all here (mostly)!

Shadragul
Feb 17, 2020

Patently Ridiculous

Missing actually being in the same place with these people. Making due with Discord.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I shoulda been in the pikcha *wipes forehead, takes a big swig of chocolate milk*

I did not expect "leaving the room to talk to a 3-year-old" to turn into the rest of my evening, but I guess I should have known it would.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
O.K. WE ARE PRETENDING TO HAVE AN AUCTION NOW COME VISIT THE DISCORD

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

Goon TOVA was a success, and not only because I got rid of the last of my prototypes!

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm glad I was able to observe the auction and help Maigius with her description of Vast.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I cannot overstate how rad it is to have seen prototype copies of a GoonGame being sold off at our adorable T.O.V.A.

Also for those not in attendance, we had a very on-brand moment when I jokingly held up my IMPEACH NIXON bumper sticker and Sotion immediately earnestly bidding on it

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Selnaric made this in his game garage last night.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Savagely destroyed that convention survey

Actually I acknowledged they did a really good job on a lot of things, but that for someone with light ADHD who already does not do any gaming at Actual Gen-Con, there is a 0% chance I would pay to attend in the future (O.K. actually if the option for 2021 is also "Online or nothing" I might pay just to keep my cred going)

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019
366 days

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Welcome to Gen-Con Online, But More Expensive!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If we're still in plague hell world in a year I'm gonna poo poo myself if I'm still alive.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
kinda disappointed to have missed all the festivities, but we had our own little game con and played games in a secluded cabin with wi-fi and air conditioning for those 4 days instead

i hope next year still happens but man.. i am not positive about that given the unserious nature of the US's population

Pangaea Ultima
Sep 7, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dr. Quarex posted:

Savagely destroyed that convention survey

Actually I acknowledged they did a really good job on a lot of things, but that for someone with light ADHD who already does not do any gaming at Actual Gen-Con, there is a 0% chance I would pay to attend in the future (O.K. actually if the option for 2021 is also "Online or nothing" I might pay just to keep my cred going)

Yeah I had some pretty sharp feedback too. I hope that if they do online again in the future they find some way to justify charging for events. As is, requiring every event organizer to do all of the work of preparing a platform (and potentially paying for pro features) makes the reg fee seem totally unjustifiable. Charging to ameliorate the cost of renting physical space makes sense, but acting as a glorified matchmaking service, when all platforms already have LFG functions, doesn’t make sense to me. Oh well. I have a dim hope that there will be broad enough vaccination by June of next year that Gen Con IRL might be feasible.

Sorry to have missed all of the goony events on the discord. Unexpectedly having to move during Gen Con is extremely on brand for this year.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Unexpected Gen-Con nostalgia trigger: the government is putting me up in a J.W. Marriott for training

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

Unexpected Gen-Con nostalgia trigger: the government is putting me up in a J.W. Marriott for training

Be sure to go down and sit in the High Velocity for a few hours. Nostalgia.