Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

nesbit37 posted:

My bad, we didn't really pick something to start with that I remember so I just kind of forgot. Next Wednesday 8pm for sure. https://kast.gg/ is what I used last time we did this (though it was rabb.it then) and it looks like it should still work. I think it's free, so we should probably try and use it.
I will be there tonight, surely alone, so it goes, alas

Edit: What the hell is this interface

Why am I all alone

Help me

I NEED KAST PREMIUM TO SHARE A SCREEN

WHO BOOKED THIS

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goldmansack
Sep 3, 2004

If we try again next week I'll try and join. I had something going on tonight or I'd have been there.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
I made a discord server. https://discord.gg/Mtzuzbq

I can stream all sorts of stuff to that easily enough, and we can all be in voice and/or video chat at the same time.

Frozen Peach fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 4, 2020

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
The Gencon 2020 eye chart shirts are super soft.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

BlackIronHeart posted:

The Gencon 2020 eye chart shirts are super soft.

I just got my 2020 8-bit Genevieve shirt in the mail, it is indeed super soft.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Wearing it right now

so sooooooofffffftttttttt

The Block Party shirt is very nice, too. They both fit so weirdly well that I feel like I should have paid more for them.

Oh and also wait

Frozen Peach posted:

I made a discord server. https://discord.gg/Mtzuzbq

I can stream all sorts of stuff to that easily enough, and we can all be in voice and/or video chat at the same time.
Gonna check this out now, I hope literally everyone else in the thread is already there

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I guess this thread does still have useful information to provide about the real thing this year, such as it is???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgleOew3JQg

I guess since badges are free and it would be dumb not to at least vaguely check it out, I will be "attending," but this whole thing really hits home how many of the things I enjoy about Gen-Con require real world face-to-face interaction

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
All right, Hyperclowns, we are gonna do this tomorrow

Any requests/suggestions/requestions for what we watch tomizzo? Sounds like we can Do It With Discord thanks to Frozen Peach. Which reminds me I popped on there for a couple of hours and then never remembered to go back after rebooting

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I... I had a thread once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TeBbco-2fs

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

It's weird how little I want to deal with an online Gen Con. Like, I have no excitement for any of this and I don't know why I'm not excited.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

8one6 posted:

It's weird how little I want to deal with an online Gen Con. Like, I have no excitement for any of this and I don't know why I'm not excited.

Personally, I can't get excited at the prospect of gaming at my home computer because I do that every day already.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Oh I am not excited for it at all, either, but I believe I have made my feelings on Gen-Con not actually being for gaming very clear. Plus I started gaming remotely in the CUSeeMe days, and I was basically burnt out on it by the time the tools started being even remotely good.

(Also if I am at a computer I would rather just be playing a single-player game; tabletop camaraderie/joie de vivre is not transferable through a series of tubes)

Pangaea Ultima
Sep 7, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’m also pretty unenthusiastic. I had written three blurbs for games I was very excited to run at proper Gen Con, but I’ve really found no motivation to repost them for online. I haven’t had any good online game experiences as a player, and I spend so much time in video calls for work these days that running games that way is just not attractive at all. I really wish I liked online games because I’ve moved on average every 9 months for the last 4 years so I haven’t been able to get a group together to play in forever (a problem that Gen Con neatly solved for me last year!).

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Pangaea Ultima posted:

I’m also pretty unenthusiastic. I had written three blurbs for games I was very excited to run at proper Gen Con, but I’ve really found no motivation to repost them for online. I haven’t had any good online game experiences as a player, and I spend so much time in video calls for work these days that running games that way is just not attractive at all. I really wish I liked online games because I’ve moved on average every 9 months for the last 4 years so I haven’t been able to get a group together to play in forever (a problem that Gen Con neatly solved for me last year!).

as the unofficial official self-appointed coordinator of virtual goon-gen-goon-gencon, i hereby demand:

post here if you would play in pangea ultima's games. i am sure they can be filled/made hilarious/shatpost upon by the very posters of this thread if pangea ultima would like to do that.

no, you don't get to know what the games are in advance.

(there are other virtual goon gen goon gencon events planned too, watch this space)

Deviant fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 21, 2020

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I'm obviously not as excited as I would be able normal GenCon, but I am going to be running 4 Starfinder scenarios including the huge multiple hundreds of people one, so I'm excited about that. Also, excited that I won't be getting sick while gaming in the comfort of my bedroom.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
lol if you think i wouldn't play in any tabletop game on any platform because i am very TTRPG deprived, even if we weren't in a global pandemic

except play by post, i don't have the attention span or creative writing needed for that

Pangaea Ultima
Sep 7, 2005

Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

as the unofficial official self-appointed coordinator of virtual goon-gen-goon-gencon, i hereby demand:

post here if you would play in pangea ultima's games. i am sure they can be filled/made hilarious/shatpost upon by the very posters of this thread if pangea ultima would like to do that.

(there are other virtual goon gen goon gencon events planned too, watch this space)

At long last I will get people to play my 24 hour Narnia-themed total conversion of Advanced Squad Leader!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I am gonna get a play-by-mail game of Diplomacy set up here for more authentic retro Gen-Con enthusiasm

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I'm going to go sleep in a hallway

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Pangaea Ultima posted:

At long last I will get people to play my 24 hour Narnia-themed total conversion of Advanced Squad Leader!

i will find you

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Pangaea Ultima posted:

that's a nice bluff you have there, it would be a shame if somebody were to....call it

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Threatening a 24-hour Narnia-themed total conversion of Advanced Squad Leader actually got me more excited for Gen-Con Online than anything else so far

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Haystack posted:

I'm going to go sleep in a hallway

Just make sure that you fall asleep face down.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Pangaea Ultima posted:

I'll try any RPG once.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Deviant posted:

I probably would. My regular board gaming group has been meeting in Discord at our usual meetup time and playing games on like boardgamearena and yucata.de, and I requested the days that would have been Thursday and Friday of Gen Con off of work, so if I'm not allowed to hang out at my friends' house and game there (and possibly even if I am, because when we go to Gen Con, I don't only do events with them, so they can manage without me for a couple hours), I'd do some online goon gaming.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

the great thing about registering for goon games is there's no registration fee.

except for a dollar. give me a dollar.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

HELLO FRIENDS! I'm sure everyone has read the recent announcement, have you heard of the very timely gencon friends discord that was set up recently: https://discord.gg/RRmdxt6

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Fellis posted:

HELLO FRIENDS! I'm sure everyone has read the recent announcement, have you heard of the very timely gencon friends discord that was set up recently: https://discord.gg/RRmdxt6

Join and get the details on DIGITAL SHOTS WEDNESDAY and DIGITAL GOON TOVA

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Fellis posted:

Does this fully replace the GroupMe then?

Klungar fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 24, 2020

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Klungar posted:

Does this fully replace the MeetMe then?

hopefully! We just need the critical mass to move conversation off the old platform

definitely talking about gencon groupme and not any other community right now

Shadragul
Feb 17, 2020

Patently Ridiculous

Dr. Quarex posted:

All right, Hyperclowns, we are gonna do this tomorrow

Any requests/suggestions/requestions for what we watch tomizzo? Sounds like we can Do It With Discord thanks to Frozen Peach. Which reminds me I popped on there for a couple of hours and then never remembered to go back after rebooting
Still doing Wednesday night watch party? My normal Pathfinder game got cancelled.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Shadragul posted:

Still doing Wednesday night watch party? My normal Pathfinder game got cancelled.
I mean, "still" implies the existence of there having been one in the first place

I fear Nesbit37 may not have survived June 2020

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Fellis posted:

hopefully! We just need the critical mass to move conversation off the old platform

definitely talking about gencon groupme and not any other community right now

I joined the discord, but the nice thing about group me was that nothing else was on it. If I got a group me notice, I knew that it was Goon Con related.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Eastmabl posted:

I joined the discord, but the nice thing about group me was that nothing else was on it. If I got a group me notice, I knew that it was Goon Con related.

You can mute individual channels and servers. I personally mute every channel except one, except for @ mentions.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You can mute individual channels and servers. I personally mute every channel except one, except for @ mentions.

It just gets lost in all the other discord chatter. I'll survive.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
If SA implodes and just splinters to Discord, this is the first and only Discord I felt I needed to join as of yet. The rest of the forums are forums, not discussions that require real time chat. But GenCon, we can use that poo poo for GenCon!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Info about digital shots wednesday and digital goon gencon events coming soon.

Quarex pm me on discord when you get a minute

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

I'm double posting! Because gencon's schedule is now out, which means i can announce:

:siren: 🍻 Digital Shots Wednesday: 🍻 :siren:

Wednesday July 29, 2020
7:30PM Eastern

Required Materials: Discord http://discord.gg/DFNFwFV
Encouraged: Webcam
Optional: alcohol

In the true spirit of Shots Wednesday, we'll will meet up in the internet's beer garden, Discord and go ape-poo poo. Get yourself some beer or some liquor if you want, and we will party as is tradition.

I will be creating a few voice channels and a text channel to go with this in discord so it's not thirty people trying to talk over each other. Everyone on discord has access to modify channels, create channels, and alter their name. So just rename the channel to whatever you're talking about or what game you're playing and people can move around, etc.

The traditional foods and drinks of Shots Wednesday are German beers, Jameson, Fireball, Malort, but I'm not your mother or your doctor.

Traditional foods include bratwursts, pretzels, and meat plates.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 6, 2020

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Oof, Malort....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
With registration coming up on Monday, any recommendations/personal favourites to keep an eye out for?