Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
It's a Diablo knock off but you can move the camera (and you have to since sometimes you can't see enemies behind buildings).

You have 4 active abilities at one time, but they are random. A random set of 4 abilities that cycle out of a pool of 12 as you use them. That's a super dumb idea for an ARPG, in my opinion.

I said come in! posted:

I like that you collect cards and and while in combat you have 4 you can use, and then they rotate through your equipped deck. This is a really cool idea that actually does capture the spirit of Magic the Gathering.

I can see how some people might like it, but combined with the rest of the way the game plays, I think it's going to feel like a chore to have to keep looking down at your bar to see what ability is on what button. As opposed to always knowing that 1 will cast fireball or whatever.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Lorem ipsum posted:

I don't think I would mind the random abilities in random orders so much if the art wasn't so bland and indistinguishable from card to card. They could at least put like a border on the cards indicating if they CC or damage and put some sort of range/pattern indicator on them.

The issue I see is that when you're playing actual MTG, you pretty much know what a card does from the name (at least for me when I played). So I know that Launch the Fleet gets me tokens when I target a creature and it attacks. However with this game, it's only the card art and cost that shows on the ability bar. Eventually I might learn what art is which, but I'd still have to actually look down at the ability bar to see which ability is on which button. This is awful compared to always knowing that Ability A will go off when I press 1 or whatever.

I guess you could build a deck and memorize the art for each ability but you're still getting them put on random spots on your bar and I just think that's loving dumb.