Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Surprised, pleasantly, at Scooter getting the reactions. I listened to that album incessantly growing up and it sticks in my regular rotation when the mood arises.

The criminal part of that particular Scooter album is how the versions on streaming all change the song Roll Baby Roll to an inferior edit named Swinging In The Jungle due to woke copyright. I will cling to that CD and the rip on my iPod 'til the day I die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Scooter: Doot dat doot da da doot doot doot.
Crowd: Da doot dat doot da da doot doot doot.

Legendary

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I saw Scooter live last year for my birthday and it ruled

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Found out it was Space Ghost Coast to Coast's 30th anniversary due to the nonstop stream Adult Swim is running on YouTube. Funny that this fact doesn't make me feel old, more that I'm just shocked the show didn't fade away into obscurity. 15-20 minutes of dumb fun, I really liked it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shinjobi posted:

Found out it was Space Ghost Coast to Coast's 30th anniversary due to the nonstop stream Adult Swim is running on YouTube. Funny that this fact doesn't make me feel old, more that I'm just shocked the show didn't fade away into obscurity. 15-20 minutes of dumb fun, I really liked it.

i popped in yesterday too and 'oh hi michael stipe, uh, tell us about your new album monster' and i crumbled into dust

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Probably the most important comedy show of my adolescence.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I saw Puddle of Mudd in concert lmfao

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wow. big mirror store

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P5TYwbxqAU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Black and White
Red and Green
The funkiest man
you ever seen

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I'm sitting on the beach smoking, eating winco brand cheezits, and watching gray whales frolic just past the breakers

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Need friends who like the beach. All my friends and loved ones hate it. Hate the sand, hate the ocean, they spit on the entire concept. But I love it. Can’t get enough of the poo poo. I’m a man without a Beach Buddy.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Let’s go to wild wood and do party and go kart and buy airbrushed t shirt

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the beach is so goated, i havent been in a couple of years and its destroying my soul

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

the beach is so goated, i havent been in a couple of years and its destroying my soul

My house is a 5 minute drive from the beach and I’ve been two times in the last five years. It’s bullshit, Box Car Hobo!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd like to have a hot handburger on the beach and set some wood on fire. and have a space heater out there in the dunes. that's how a beach is

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

We could rent a dune buggy and jet ski and jump from one to the other and paraglide

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

we've got a good beach near our cottage. theres a little pathway through marshland that if you go at the right time of year is just full of leopard frogs hopping around and croaking.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Let’s all go to joeys cottage and spend a few weeks catchin frogs

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m not a beach guy. Blame it all on my roots.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my crt right now

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

my crt right now

That’s so many

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i lied

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I grew up in Louisiana and hate swimming at the beach. Playing in the sand rules though. My dad and I would use a shovel and build trenches, moats, dams all sorts of stuff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I knew a kid that would regurgitate frogs. We were like 5 and completely unsupervised next to a drainage creek. Like the tiny rear end little toads, he'd put them in his mouth and let them jump off his tongue. I lost track of him pretty quick because I moved a bunch. The days before cable were absolutely loving wild.

btw, I'll be doing a stream inspired by Grime's troubled Coachella set after the Wednesday wrestling. I'll be serving up the finest bloop whoop stuff, perfect for folding your linens/feeding your demons.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

coconono posted:

btw, I'll be doing a stream inspired by Grime's troubled Coachella set after the Wednesday wrestling. I'll be serving up the finest bloop whoop stuff, perfect for folding your linens/feeding your demons.

"I'm going to do some live music, it's inspired by one of the worst live performances you could imagine" is a hell of a way to hedge your bets on yourself

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm real powerful like that.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Gonna watch Da Mets while I work. I feel a spiritual kinship with them because my parents took me to a game when I was a baby in a Mets cap and some guy apparently said (in a thick NY accent) "Aww, wook at da widdle fan"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hazamuth posted:

WE ARE SO BACK

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

apophenium posted:

Gonna watch Da Mets while I work. I feel a spiritual kinship with them because my parents took me to a game when I was a baby in a Mets cap and some guy apparently said (in a thick NY accent) "Aww, wook at da widdle fan"

That was me

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

It was Chipper Jones.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Was working out this morning and felt something in my upper back, right between my shoulder blades, go “NOT TODAY, FUCKO” and now I’ve had pain there all day. Aging is truly a blessing.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Was working out this morning and felt something in my upper back, right between my shoulder blades, go “NOT TODAY, FUCKO” and now I’ve had pain there all day. Aging is truly a blessing.

I had this happen with my lower back and now I have constant pain there forever and ever, amen. Hope yours don't do that.

RE: Chipper Jones. I have a very vivid memory of him getting jeered with fans chanting "Laaaaaaaarrryyyyyyy" over and over again. That was fun. When I played little league I picked no. 10 so I could be like Chipper :coal:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

hope you feel better soon

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Work is so fancy, they trained millipedes to operate the elevator for me.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

apophenium posted:

I had this happen with my lower back and now I have constant pain there forever and ever, amen. Hope yours don't do that.

RE: Chipper Jones. I have a very vivid memory of him getting jeered with fans chanting "Laaaaaaaarrryyyyyyy" over and over again. That was fun. When I played little league I picked no. 10 so I could be like Chipper :coal:

Larry Wayne baby, god of shea stadium

also my braves swept the awful rear end-tros today, that’s nice

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

He literally named his son Shea.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Good job Braves. It was 4-2 Astros when I went to get dinner.

Tom Glavine used to buy wine (Caymus Cabernet, but only in the liter sized bottles, never 750mL) from the liquor store I worked at. During the height of the pandemic we still had our drive-thru open. He'd drive in in his Porsche or whatever and I got to tell him I thought it was cool what he did as the rep for the players' union

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My back still felt miserable this morning but some tiger balm seems to have helped. Here’s hoping I’m back to normal by Monday, these dumbbells aren’t gonna lift themselves.