Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WWDITS is the lightest-hearted “black” comedy I’ve ever seen. It’s great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i dont have PMs so i have to make a personal post, sorry. re: my post, "i wish i was dead." any psychologist could tell you there is a world of difference between a desire to not live anymore and an intention to inflict self-harm. i wish i was not alive. this is not a joke, and no more keenly can i feel it than when my even-more-shut-in-than-me roommate keeps watching WWE in the common area and i have to see and hear it.

i don't mean to "get worked up over a sixer," i was planning to go to bed anyway. and there's no hard feelings, moddings hard, but i see the way the wind is blowing and i dont want to get banned and pay another $10 again. and i've not been having much fun here lately. so im outta heah! get me on steam if you want to chat: WalterWhiteIRL. or on cspam maybe

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That DICK! posted:

i dont have PMs so i have to make a personal post, sorry. re: my post, "i wish i was dead." any psychologist could tell you there is a world of difference between a desire to not live anymore and an intention to inflict self-harm. i wish i was not alive. this is not a joke, and no more keenly can i feel it than when my even-more-shut-in-than-me roommate keeps watching WWE in the common area and i have to see and hear it.

i don't mean to "get worked up over a sixer," i was planning to go to bed anyway. and there's no hard feelings, moddings hard, but i see the way the wind is blowing and i dont want to get banned and pay another $10 again. and i've not been having much fun here lately. so im outta heah! get me on steam if you want to chat: WalterWhiteIRL. or on cspam maybe

I am going to add you on steam and be friendly to you until you get sick of it! I will probably also read your posts in c-spam depending on what thread you see, but I will not be posting there.

I am glad you do not want to self-harm but I think it is good you are not dead because otherwise I could not see your posts. A dead man posts no tales.

Every time you leave, this place is worse for it~

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think something that would help a lot, would be to unban RGL, and allow him to hang out with That DICK!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rgl wasn't given a perma iirc, they can buy their account back

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that doesn't mean squat

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 19, 2022

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
this is not a subforum to have fun or be funny in

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
bad dream people should try the herb called balm

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

this is not a subforum to have fun or be funny in

But I'm having fun and am quite funny.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Spikegal posted:

But I'm having fun and am quite funny.

hmm that doesn’t add up at all. my hypothesis is falling apart.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

hmm that doesn’t add up at all. my hypothesis is falling apart.

Have you considered the possibility...that you too are having fun and quite funny? :glomp:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Hello, this is my first time posting in the general thread. I didn't post in the last one because i'm a big dummy and thought it was a general thread for fighty things other than WWE and I never clicked on it the whole time it was here :)

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
gently caress ITS ALL FALLING APART INTO COMEDY

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

*grabs a microphone and walks onto the stage* so last night my wife was telling me---

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There was GOTY chat in the last thread but let's do Game of the Decade. What do y'all pick? Subjectively Undertale, Shovel Knight, and Stardew Valley all own my heart but seeing as I probably logged somewhere around fifteen hundred hours into Minecraft over the last 10 years its probably gotta be that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Undertale 1000% no competition for me and my family.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
time is meaningless so the game of the decade is the fishing minigame from breath of fire 2

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I have been playing the gently caress out of My Time At Portia lately. It's a perfect Gentle Game. I just get to run around and be useful.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

does the decade start a 2010. or 2011. before you laugh, don't laugh

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Papers, Please. An experience unlike anything else I've ever had in any medium of art and entertainment. No other game forces you to become an inhumane piece of poo poo like that game does - subtly pressuring you to perform more efficiently and less ethically so that the people that depend on you don't suffer the consequences of your mistakes, until at some point you realize you've become something you swore you would never be. It is truly video games as art: Via the medium of sort of boring and monotonous yet uniquely interesting gameplay mechanics it makes you feel extremely complex emotions about humanity and ethics as well as reflect on what kind of person you really are, deep down. I guess unless you're a really horrible person who genuinely enjoys doing what that game makes you do, in which case I never want to speak with you.

Its message was relevant then and feels even more relevant now, and with the effects of climate change will probably be even more relevant decades later. It's a game I wish everyone would play once without knowing what they're getting into.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 16, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

new vegas. i like dark souls 1, 2 and 3 all a whole bunch. hotline miami 1. binding of isaac.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The drop off from hotline miami to hotline miami 2 is wild, it’s like they forgot how to design levels

hotline miami 1 is all tight quarters action and memorizing where people are going to be so you can get them next time. hotline miami 2 is all getting shot by some guy offscreen that I had no chance of seeing

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
witcher 3

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

extradite THIS! posted:

Papers, Please.

I regularly cite this as the low-key most important game of the decade in terms of showcasing the artistic power of games as a medium to relay emotional and intellectual experiences purely through mechanics and feel it is sorely underrated, however

Cavauro posted:

binding of isaac.

i have 456 hours in isaac and 811 hours in rebirth, so.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
hotline miami 2 was such a disappointment i played it for like two hours, got pissed off and went and had grindr sex and then never touched it again.

grindr sex was my game of the decade.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

CarlCX posted:

I regularly cite this as the low-key most important game of the decade in terms of showcasing the artistic power of games as a medium to relay emotional and intellectual experiences purely through mechanics and feel it is sorely underrated, however

i have 456 hours in isaac and 811 hours in rebirth, so.

Yeah I mean not gonna lie, I've also played an absolutely absurd amount of Binding of Isaac and completed the game to the absolute max % on two platforms. It's not far behind for me.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Nier: Automata and it's not even close for me. A game which blends actual themes (which in itself rare for a video game) into its gameplay, good combat mechanics, perfect music, incredible VA work, a "true" ending which is moving beyond what one would expect from Taro, well fleshed out characters and some good lore for the DrakeNier universe. It's perfect and I'm so glad it sold well.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

extradite THIS! posted:

Papers, PleaseNo other game forces you to become an inhumane piece of poo poo like that game does - subtly pressuring you to perform more efficiently and less ethically so that the people that depend on you don't suffer the consequences of your mistakes, until at some point you realize you've become something you swore you would never be. It is truly video games as art: Via the medium of sort of boring and monotonous yet uniquely interesting gameplay mechanics it makes you feel extremely complex emotions about humanity and ethics as well as reflect on what kind of person you really are, deep down.

I played PP once and never could bring myself to again, and not because I didn’t find it good. If Grave of the Fireflies is considered the best movie you’ll never want to watch again, Paper’s Please is that to me for video games.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Star Wars Battlefront 2 but the PS2 version

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I played PP once and never could bring myself to again, and not because I didn’t find it good. If Grave of the Fireflies is considered the best movie you’ll never want to watch again, Paper’s Please is that to me for video games.

I wanted to revisit the game recently and noticed it's also one of those games that really don't benefit from a second go-around. It's at its best when you're genuinely struggling to spot discrepancies and remembering everything you need to remember, because then the pressure is really on you and every citation you get hurts. The sound of that awful pink slip of paper emerging from the bottom of the screen is imprinted into my soul.

That game made me really deeply question what kind of person I would be if push came to shove. Congrats, game.

Oh hey, another game that I could consider for GOTD because it was was incredible and resurrected an entire genre but should never be played a second time: TTG Walking Dead Season 1. The sleight of hand tricks it plays on you are sublimely executed to make you feel like you're the one making the decisions and thus makes you emotionally connect with the game's characters and story like not many other games manage to. I was bawling my eyes out at the end. Too bad the subsequent seasons never got to even remotely close to that level and then TTG asploded because they got stupidly greedy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

new vegas is my favourite game ever

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The Last of Us, Persona 5, Path of Exile

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Last of Us is also a really good call yeah

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i feel like i should have played last of us when it first came out cuz i just started it when it was free on ps plus and i haven’t enjoyed my time

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

i feel like i should have played last of us when it first came out cuz i just started it when it was free on ps plus and i haven’t enjoyed my time

Gameplay wise it can be hit or miss tbh. I loved the story. Once you get clear of Boston it starts to pick up.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The original Mass Effect and Dead Space trilogies for reminding me that nothing good ever lasts.

Until Dawn for being the catalyst that saw my stepdaughter and I begin the journey from stepdaughter/stepdad into daughter/father.

Civilization V for being my happy place for over 1000+ hours since its release.

Days Gone for proving that a video game doesn't have to be perfect or critically acclaimed to be enjoyable.

Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil 2 HD for giving my wife a chance to bitch about continuity in her favorite media franchise.

Spider-Man for coming out of freakin' nowhere to be the best comic book video game since Arkham City.

The Last of Us for proving that a video game can make someone cry.

But the best game of the 2010's for me?

Horizon Zero Dawn because of the backstory, the huge plot twist, and most importantly, gently caress Ted Faro. Oh, and huge metal dinosaurs.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 16, 2019

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Critical posted:

Gameplay wise it can be hit or miss tbh. I loved the story. Once you get clear of Boston it starts to pick up.

yah it’s the gameplay for me, it’s like a way stiffer uncharted and i can’t get into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Also talking about this somewhere else and a good point came up: Probably the most important game in terms of influential game design this decade might just be Dark Souls. That game's influence is everywhere in modern action games. And sure, Demon's Souls came first but Dark Souls was a hit.