Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’ve been reading the Bad Religion autobiography which also means I’ve been re-listening to all their stuff chronologically. In my honest opinion, it’s good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think the best punk book I've read is the Joe Strummer one, Redemption Song

That one was great. I didn’t really grow up a NOFX fan but their book is absolutely nuts.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m a very bad gamer that just couldn’t get into Witcher 3 and never finished it yet played Assassin’s Creed Odyssey for like 150 hours.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

I am playing Valhalla and really enjoying it and how it is different than previous games of its series.

Odyssey I played for fifty hours and felt like I “barely” played it.

Witcher 3 I beat and never touched the DLC even though I owned it. I know it’s good. Shut up.

I’m kind of struggling through Valhalla honestly. I just want to try and get through it before Cyberpunk comes out. I’m only about 30 hours in so far. Still a lot to do.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

With ACV they’ll give you in option sometimes to sneak in and kill someone like an Assassin OR blow your horn and your longboat full of Vikings will just attack with you and well, you can guess which is more fun.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

My top played is probably just Menzingers songs played on random.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Seams posted:

I finished the main story of AC:V and I hereby give it the lowest score a game reviewer can give: B-

I gave up and traded it in for Cyberpunk.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

If anyone is looking for a good horror movie Anything for Jackson on Shudder is fantastic. Sorry to interrupt mod talk.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I was in a bowling league with the people that do Punk Rock Bowling. It was the best and every Sunday was so much fun. Man, do I miss doing stuff with people.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m currently waiting 6 hours for Cyberpunk to update.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

My Cyberpunk update: it keeps crashing and I don’t think the textures have completely loaded once in the game. I’m bummed. Glad other people are having success with it.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I wish they’d make a sequel to Crimson Skies. For some reason I really love that game. Online dogfighting would be amazing now. I mean killing nazis is always good.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Oh man, definitely. Or an updated version of the RPG. It was 7th Sea with even more flair!

I never played the RPG just the Xbox game but it seems like a world you could do so much with.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I saw Lucero for the millionth time last February in Johnson City. They’re my favorite band so fitting they were the last. Had tickets for Against Me! in March but that was canceled right as all this poo poo started.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I don’t even want to talk about Fest being canceled this year. Three days of punk, wrestling, booze and pizza. At least I got to see Jawbreaker there last year before everything went to poo poo.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Last movie I saw in theaters was 1917.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Foochs, you’re a good dude.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m pretty okay most of the time.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m enjoying Cyberpunk a lot more now that it’s somewhat stable and I found out there’s jackets that block netrunner attacks because that poo poo’s annoying.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Critical posted:

I took the early perk where it highlights the netrunner as soon as they start hacking. I enjoy it because it starts a Scanners fight where they set my brain on fire and I try to poison everyone in a 15 meter radius.

I love the cyberhacking and with a little investment you can end up killing warehouses full of guys with your mind and a little help from cameras and turrets.

Man I’m playing it wrong, I just run around killing everyone with a katana. Or beating the crap out of them with the powerful dildo I got.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Seth Rollins posted:

the Dreamcast is the greatest system of all time.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m going with my normal, bourbon and ginger ale with a lime. I wish I had gotten a nice bourbon but I just have Four Roses and don’t feel like going out for more.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Woke up and remembered that season 3 of Cobra Kai drops today. Here's hoping 2021 gets off to a good start!

This is what I plan on doing on a rainy New Year’s Day.

And eating cake!

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I don’t have any work right now, it’s too cold to go outside, my girlfriend’s stuck in Florida and I’ve been taking social distancing really seriously since March. I’m going stir crazy as gently caress.

I’ve resorted to watching old seasons of MTV’s The Challenge on Amazon. That’s where I’m at.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I loved Lucero doing Modern Love for AV Club because it was so different for them, and well they’re my favorite band.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Seams posted:

I'm playing Mass Effect: Andromeda and once again I have no idea what the nerds were making GBS threads their pants about because it's pretty good.

I think that’s part of the problem, it’s pretty good and people were expecting much more. But, yeah it wasn’t near as bad as people made it out to be and the gameplay itself was pretty fun.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Garrus is my best friend.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Withnail and I is on HBO and should be watched by all as well.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

We had a super rad pool hall here when I was a teenager, it was run by a former trucker named Elvis, we would walk in like it was that scene from Dazed and Confused.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’ve peed in the ocean which means a dumb shark probably drank my pee.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

NienNunb posted:

UPDATE: got the job

Hell yeah!

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

My worst job was logging the entirety of SCAD’s student film library. Watching thousands of student films for 5 dollars an hour is a hell I wish upon no one. Or, this soul crushing call center job out of college but I walked out before it could get too bad.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I had another job where I was fired for being unhappy. That was the literally all the HR lady could come up with when I asked her why.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

One time I got fired from a gig dubbing tapes of Party of Five to Germany because the entire first season was off by a frame. gently caress that place.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

My first PS2 game was Summoner, then my PS2 broke.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

What game are y’all talking about with the ship?

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Brut posted:

Persona 5 (Royal).

Cool, thanks.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

I don’t post too much about this here but I sent a sci-fi novel off today to an agent at a big deal agency who requested it. It will be the third time they’re taking a look; they’re very positive but asked for edits to make it more marketable. I spent the last three months editing it down by twenty thousand words when I wasn’t virtual teaching; most of my Xmas break was just writing. So anyway, positive vibes for one step of a lifelong dream to come true please. I’m sorry I said I didn’t like your games.

Good luck!

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I like listening to jazz. I’m always telling people “check out this hip groove!” Or, “dig this happening tune man!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Personally I want Godzilla and King Kong to be friends.