Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the only good anime is angel's egg when you're tripping balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I started playing Nioh and it's pretty fun and I enjoy the level design but christ it has a lot of systems to remember, I think Sekiro did it better but I am enjoying Nioh's level design a lot more.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

godfather 3

When I first watched the trilogy I assumed that prevailing opinion on 3 was typical fans not knowing poo poo about movies and the hate for Sofia's acting was unwarranted but that's one of the few times where I just couldn't believe what I was seeing, it has to be the worst performance in a major motion picture of all time.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Any Jazz fans in here? Been really digging Freddie Hubbard's "Backlash" lately, especially the song "Little Sunflower" just really good vibe music with a tinge of the psychedelic.

If anyone is interested in getting into Jazz I recommend Blue Note's compilations, they cover a wide array of artists and styles and usually feature some of the best music of the time. In my mind Jazz is one of the only good American inventions, it's done a lot for me over the years to help with PTSD and anxiety disorders.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jamming moving pictures right now, great band that took me too long to click with, I lost a good friend and great drummer in his own right to brain cancer last year, just miserable poo poo that disease is.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

cool, you're getting closer to wanting to smack the 27yo kids who cry about getting old

i’m 31 my partner is 23 and calls themselves old constantly, i feel young as hell though still. I’m not looking forward to losing all my hair though cause my head is badly misshapen like villagers are gonna want to chase me with torches bad

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Spikegal posted:

I just beat Jedi Fallen Order and man that's a fun game with a great ending. Fun the whole way through. Wasn't expecting as much platforming and exploration as it had so that was a nice bonus.

I am interested in the game but I'm afraid i'll burn out and never finish it, was it like 30+ hours? I tend to burn out on a game if it's longer than that with a few exceptions for something like Persona 5

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Spikegal posted:

Man this headline pissed me off. Like no poo poo - ya'll made heathcare too unaffordable. Like I have some major dental issues that for all I know will lead to heart failure but I can't afford to pay for Dental Insurance which is for some reason separate from health insurance

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1216751821252898816

Have you looked into student dentistry? I had 5 wisdom teeth removed by a student and although it hurt like poo poo, it hurt a lot less than the 3,000 dollars i was quoted as someone who has no health insurance whatsoever and can't afford obamacare.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Better Call Saul has an end date finally, there's two more seasons to go. I really love this show and feel like Bob Odenkirk is just incredible as an actor, like on Phillip Seymour Hoffman level. I'm excited to see where the show ends up, it's been a real slow burn for the last 4 seasons.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i'm six months sober today. to be honest i still hate it as much as i did the first day, and i still resent that i can't get drunk anymore but i assume someday I will feel good about this decision. I literally watch the Eddie Guerrero promo on addiction weekly and it has probably saved my life.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Well at least you don't have to have a moment like my friend did, where she had something of a substance abuse issue and nearly died while hanging out with her super drunk friend at said friend's place.

And then lost all connected friends over the resulting lawsuit / fact she gave up drinking in the aftermath. She balked at suing the woman regardless of her bloody injuries but I was like "friend, your son almost didn't have a mom over another person's decisions, maybe its time to get mad?"

Yea it could have gotten a lot worse for me. I lost my career but I got my health for the most part and i'm still fairly young, thankful I don't have kids to be subjected to my very slow suicide attempt

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I'm having a lot of fun with the new dragon ball game. It's got lots of mindless collecting and side quests which is a plus for me, and the semi open worlds are well designed with interesting little things to look at. I think anyone with nostalgia for dragon ball would like it, my only complaint is it glosses over a lot of the more detailed elements of the story, I don't imagine someone who isn't already familiar with the beats would see the story as coherent at all.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

coconono posted:

is that the karakot one? I saw the title but I hadn't really heard anything about it. How different is the gameplay from the Xenoverse games?

I've only played the old xenoverse games but it's pretty different, combats like a simplified version of final fantasy 15.

It's not a great game but it's been a good time killer for me, I also got it from a christmas gift card but i'd realistically pay 30-40 for it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

David Lynch working with Netflix gets me excited, I’d love another feature film from him, The Return was some of the most interesting poo poo ever put on US television.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

ime alcoholics need to change their social structures because they always exist in a solar system of other alcoholics. Just orbiting each other and encouraging drinking, if she's still friends with the same people and hanging out in the same spots she's going to keep drinking herself into oblivion. Fighting is an option but flighting is also a perfectly valid choice that doesn't at all reflect negatively on you as a person. Good luck with whatever route you choose homie.

i am a recovering alcoholic and never drank with others, at least not over the last 5 years of my drinking which was daily, you’re right about that type of alcoholic but a non social alcoholic needs in my eyes purpose to be able to quit.

As someone who has been a very lonesome drunk amongst only sober friends or alone I think the best thing you can do is be loving whenever possible and try to find something that can distract from the need to drink be it a new hobby or a trip somewhere. There’s always SMART which i prefer to AA but there’s always AA too.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i wi;ll defend our forum and its people from invaders. i will gently caress them up. our pagoda will never see invaders step through withou t a solid rear end whuping. i am here for everoyne. even eat my fuc.

I appreciate that. Punchsport Pagoda 4 life

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I enjoyed Cold Mountain, it has a civil war deserter as one of it's main plot points.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I once had a long conversation with a top engineer for uber who was designing their soon to be in most major cities helicopters and he told me they were death traps that he'd never ride in, so not that you probably had to be advised but stay away from uber helicopters and helicopters in general

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Kakarot is a fun game if you like chill exploration of beautifully rendered cartoon worlds. It's been a great unwind intermittently through my playthrough of every soulsbourniro game (i am currently in anor londo on dark souls, which can be a frustrating place)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

genuinely thank you whoever fixed it. i'm trying to be a better poster but the last one was just really horrible and punished the forum more than me when they haven't done anything

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 2, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

nintendo is a rear end in a top hat. that game and more are on the virtual console for new 3ds but they just sit around waggling their tongues in the air catching all the dust that falls off the ceiling fan and going numnumnumnumnumnumnum. they shouldn't keep restarting virtual libraries and building them up extremely slow over the course of years then starting over again. I don't care about busi ness. i care about regular ness.

That's true but having Kirby Superstar on switch kicks rear end, ruining Meta Knight's life slowly is one of the best games ever.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

For all the talk about how companies these days give in to fan service and ruin their IPs Nintendo does the opposite of that, they rarely give their fans what they want, it's just usually of such a high quality that the fans are okay with it. I was thinking today how crazy it was that Mario only had one mainline game on the N64, and I remember the outrage of the added water mechanic in the gaming magazines and forums of the day when Sunshine was announced, and then they did it again by making Zelda cartoonish, which worked out fine but again a thing that caused a big outrage online and in magazines, but an argument could be made that the gamecube was less successful than Nintendo's other systems because they made these decisions but then again the Wii came and bucked all notions of what a console was at the time and it became a massive success.

I don't understand a lot of what they do, but it seems to be working. I just wish we got more Mario games, and I found Odyssey to a disappointment to be honest. I heard super 3D land may be getting ported and i've always wanted to try that I hear it's great.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Were there some Mario games that weren't carried over to the West from Japan?

Not in the main series of platformers that I am aware of.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Spikegal posted:

Been playing Dark Souls 2 since it's the only one I haven't seen most of. FROMSOFT just makes games I enjoy exploring.

I just finished Souls 1, replaying 3 and Bloodborne right now. I think Bloodborne might be the best game narrative of all time, the lore is intense. I might replay Sekiro too but I have also not played through Souls 2, the health mechanic turned me off when it came out but i'd probably not mind it now.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

I have never played a Souls game but would like to start. I have Dark Souls 3 on Steam, but I've been thinking of getting Remastered on Steam or Switch. Any thoughts?

Start with remastered, the bosses on 3 will absolutely wreck you and may turn you off the game entirely. Remastered is mechanically perfect, eases you into all the soulsbourniro concepts great.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Would you guys be okay with me typing out a general account of what is going on with me/why I am so upset atm? I feel like it would do me some good to write it all out but I don't want to turn this thread into a LiveJournal if it's going to annoy anyone.

I say go for it. Typing it all out alone could help. I really hope it gets better for you soon, I enjoy your posting.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

That's a raw deal friend, you're doing hard work and not being appreciated, I hope people get it soon.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

bradzilla posted:

BOTW, and all Zelda games, are bad.

Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario and I hope it gets ported to Switch soon.

BOTW owns, Zelda owns but...

I hear from friends 3D world was awesome but they can't articulate why, I never got to play, what makes it so good?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Insanely good level design, insanely good music, really good powerups, controls like a dream, is perfectly playable with any number of players, the super-challenging special final level is actually a fair challenge and not bullshit. It's just, so loving fun to play.

I hope they port it too. Oddyssey was a disappointment to me, the shine mechanic screamed mobile game design in a way I didn't dig.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

my cat has cancer

My deepest sympathy. My cats are my soul bonded family, that's devastating i'm sorry.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

What do you think happens to bands that get kind of popular amongst the trendy and in tune with music, maybe tour the world a bit, then don't really have another song or album as successful and fade away. Say they've been out of the regular job grind a few years touring/ being in a band, then suddenly it goes away. How do you get a regular job again no one would ever believe you if you told them you were in a mildly, briefly successful underground act. I wonder as someone who consumes a lot of music and sometimes just never hears from some bands again. Anyone here have experience in or around that?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

wrong thread edit

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 8, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think sex in games is horrific I don’t need to have someone walk in on a sex scene in a video game. My Geralt was asexual, which made a lot of the side quests pretty amusing but I hate games that don’t give you a choice on it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Do ya'll remember the stairs in your house bit, pretty cringy but nowhere near as cringy as "when does the narwhale bacon"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Joker was artless trash that makes redditors feel cultured. Parasite was a great movie but not nearly as weird as I was told it was going in, which is all I had heard about it that it was trippy but I just thought it was a well acted and shot tragically funny story. The pacing was about the best you'll see in a movie ever, i've only seen this and snowpiercer but both are fantastic movies.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

edit: I don't know why i'm being combatitive sorry. glad you enjoyed it, I think the joker character oversaturation in the world just irks me.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 9, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

I don't have an opinion on The Joker but I hope Hildur Guðnadóttir wins for her score because Múm are cool & she was in Múm at one point, plus her solo record Mount A is also great. There are not many artists I listen to who get nominated for major awards.

Mum kicks rear end.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Can anyone explain what my avatar means

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Well I learned something today so let me eat fuc I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I gotta check the Fargo show out I love the movie.