Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is there a way to minimize the chances of having bad dreams? I've been having them pretty constantly lately and I'm sick of it.:( Also hi friends. I wasn't around for the last thing but it must have been pretty bad.

WatermelonGun posted:

i ride the choo choo train to nightmare town like every other night and lemme tell you my partner and dog LOVE it when i wake them up screaming at four in the morning.

Are these standard nightmares or PTSD-related?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/MMArevived/status/1206165533135032322

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The instant he said "Yale educated..." I was like shiiiiiiiit here it comes :sigh:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I fuckin love prazosin

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sorry for the delay on this but mine are very clearly "standard" stress and anxiety related. My anxiety is hardcore, brothers and sisters. It's not fun I'll tell ya.

Talk to your doc/psych if you can. This is a problem that can usually be solved with medication these days.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

sometimes i die in my dreams

Same. Most if not all of my dreams are PTSD these days; like someone's holding me down and stabbing me, or I'm bleeding from something and can't make it stop, the worst are my jaw hanging off again but all I can do is work it from one side while it grinds in my ears. God bless mighty prazosin for taking the wind out of the sails on all these tho.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

coconono posted:

If they really wanted to go all the way, they'd mashup Stardew Valley and TES games. You don't wanna do the quests and just farm all day? gently caress yeah, lets start a family while the world burns.

Rune Factory already exists

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

You ain't doin nothing wrong Foochs and your crime is good

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

rise of skywalker is a great comedy. drink a tall glass of water and just have a good time laughing at the systematic destruction of a cultural icon

This has really become JJ's specialty

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Cavauro posted:

it didn't fold all the way in and lay flush against the finger but yes. the second knuckle was uninvolved. the one that makes touching the fingertip to the rest of the finger easy and not hurt at all

As a guy who had to have a hand surgically reconstructed you'll be fine just splint or buddy tape it for a week

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Joker was a lot better when it was King of Comedy

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Scene: CobiWann and his wife are leaving the movie theater after a Sunday night showing of "Black Christmas."

Cobi: ...

Wife: ...

Wife: ...

Wife ...don't...

Cobi: DEAR SWEET BUDDHA THAT MOVIE WAS loving AWFUL!

I get the message they're trying to send, but they surrounded it with a horrible film that has little to do with Christmas, let alone either the original Black Christmas or the 2006 remake. Cliche situations, predictable writing, death by being off-screen, the utter lack of blood, a "twist" and explanation that would have made JJ Abrams' head explode, and a "girl power" ending that saw me turn to my wife and say, "did that sorority just commit mass murder?"

Avoid. Avoid like the plague. To quote one of my wife's students, "I saw this movie for free and I want my money back."

The first time I saw the trailer I thought the movie would be hot garbage so I'm honestly not sure what you were expecting going into it.

Cavauro posted:

finger still a little bit numb but not a lot. i think it's going to stay like this. not ideal

It's probably just a pinched nerve, it'll most likely work itself free over a couple months. If not then hey you got a numb finger, I got one too and you get used to it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I gotta start cooking for my queer family but I am already hungover, pray for me friends

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I got a Kenny Omega shirt for my early present, it's the first wrestling shirt I've ever owned

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Which one did you get? I bought a bunch of AEW/NJPW stuff this year but haven't had it shipped up from the US - their shipping to Canada was as much as a t-shirt so I shipped the pile to a US friend and got him a shirt

The Hot Topic one since that's where he got it lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Read more of Phillip K Dick, one of the most prophetic writers in sci fi

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

MitHC is the invention of alt-history as a genre. His best is Ubik followed by Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep (the basis for Blade Runner)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ubik is straight up one of the greatest books I've ever read. Its narrative is so twisting but still so tight that its borderline a choose your adventure book where you can pick the ending you want and it's always valid

Now in convienet spray can form!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

JJ Abrams is a coward

His movies and shows almost universally suck rear end

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Cavauro posted:

Did you ever play the three shadowrun games of this decade. they are alright. Do you have a switch or 3ds. Fire Emblems. Phoenix Point exists now, but I have not played it. It's XCOM

this post looks horrible. Here are some question marks to be distributed ? ?? ?

The Shadowrun games were all really well put together

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I thought Parasite was pretty good, not great, but then I'm the guy who thinks Babe 2 Pig In The City is one of the greatest movies ever made so what do I know

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

the escape goat posted:

I switched to a juul and it’s really helped me taper off.
with a cigarette I was compelled to finish the entire thing, now I can just take a puff of vape and go about my day. the options of having 5% or 3% nicotine has also been very helpful.

...it was kind of horrifying when I got my sense of smell back; most of my friends are heavy smokers and my god it reeks it reeks so bad. so that at least is great motivation!

that said, I’m still fussy about being on a plane for 10 hours and not being able to smoke (treated myself to a trip to Tokyo for Wrestle Kingdom I mean to eat all the street food I can handle.

taiyaki oh my god hrrrrngh

That's a hell of a fuckin treat

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The Nazi Mod Spy Plan is straight up one of the stupidest loving things I've ever seen on these forums. Holy jesus it's just so stupid on such a phenomenal number of levels. The whole thing is just like an onion made of poo poo.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

yea ok posted:

i honestly cant imagine how infuriating it must be as someone who actually is confronted with this poo poo offline. like itd be so loving comical if it werent disgusting.

It's just so, I don't even know, naive I guess? Just like comically childishly so?? As someone who's been doing this irl for literal decades now; it's the feeling one might get watching a 4 old picking up a fully loaded machine gun. That's the best analogy I come up with that doesn't involve me saying things that would probably get me banned.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I can't speak for anybody else, but I can guarantee you that this insanity was as much of a surprise to me as any of you, and I had no loving idea PPJ was doing anything like this, and I assume most of the other mods didn't have a clue either.

Sweet J-Ru never betray us.

I can't calm down so I'm gonna vent more. We would always have these disingenuous little loving snakes try to sneak their way in. Any that offered to 'spy' was a cop calling rat literally 100% of the time. The ones that were actually walking away from their hate cut ties with the offending groups, they listened, they talked, they apologized. They made amends and stayed away from their former pals for good. This whole thing is just so loving baffling and the absolute wall of silence we're being fed is beyond absurd.

THEY LET A KNOWN NAZI FEED THEM "INFO" THAT RESULTED IN NO ACTION AND MADE HIM A MOD WITH THE POWER TO PUNISH MINORITIES LIKE WHAT EVEN IN THE WORLD F U C K

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, the worst spy is the person who volunteered to spy for you.

The loving disguise trick that Bugs Bunny used to try and trick a mentally impaired Fudd actually worked on these mods. And then mass 7-day probating people who go "wtf" without any other mod input. And after all the FYAD, poo poo admin, LGBT (with heavy emphasis on the T) posters suffering doxxing and harassment...

gently caress yall.

Just gently caress.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I know it's the fashionable thing to do when Mod Drama™ strikes from the heavens, but please J-Ru + Junpai DO NOT STEP DOWN. Junpai has credentials and is brand new, and while J-Ru has had the occasional gently caress-up or blind spot, you can tell that they listen and learn and they do their best to be better going forward!! Which is, imho, the A #1 Heavyweight Champ Most Important Thing when it comes to being a mod.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

yea ok posted:

junpei is one of the secret cabal who knew about PPJ being a godlike spy banning all (none) of the nazis. i'll give the benefit of the doubt and say she got hoodwinked or something, but it's extremely not a good look. i think she's probably too trusting though, but i'm not here to psychoanalyze someone i don't know at all. i hope she'll still be my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Also Punished Venom Snake doesn't kill people, he knocks them out and balloons them to his base so he can sneak around choking them out and they thank him for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh8zcbC_Dcw

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I fell asleep during my root canal lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

*bursts in panting and sweating*

D-Did I miss saying Happy Birthday!?!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Shovel Knight is big scoops of fun but I liked Hollow Knight's setting and lore better :shrug:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

coconono posted:

I just realized there's an entire generation out there raised on smash bros games and I'm not sure what this means just yet.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Currently sitting in the balcony waiting for the final MST3K Live show to start

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

Holy poo poo, I do NOT remember that. Boo!

So my wife has some manner of binge drinking issue and we agreed she would stop for a while. Last night she came home stumbling drunk and revealed she’d been drinking the entire four months I’d been praising her hard work at sobriety.

Heel turn, y’all.

I’m actually really upset about this but totally exhausted. My fight or flight is overwhelmingly predisposed toward fight and the amount of adrenaline running through my system kept me tossing and turning all goddamn night.

ime alcoholics need to change their social structures because they always exist in a solar system of other alcoholics. Just orbiting each other and encouraging drinking, if she's still friends with the same people and hanging out in the same spots she's going to keep drinking herself into oblivion. Fighting is an option but flighting is also a perfectly valid choice that doesn't at all reflect negatively on you as a person. Good luck with whatever route you choose homie.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

illcendiary posted:

Has anyone seen Yojimbo? I have never seen a Kurosawa film before and my local theater is running it soon, was thinking of catching it.

Yojimbo is straight up one my favorite films of all time, so good and so influential. Basically every "hard nosed drifter comes to town and plays the criminals" story takes inspiration from it in one form or another.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Yojimbo is fun I like it a lot. My ride or die favorite Kurosawa is Ikiru. Perfect movie.

Ikiru is probably his best movie which automatically makes it one of the best of all time

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

whales are so fuckin cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW2e8M3nzvE

I go whale watching at least once a year, lots of awesome whale sightings

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

double post lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Regardless of what you think of Kobe his 13 year old daughter also being killed in the crash is pretty loving horrific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What the hell do you guys do to get month and a half vacations

I just get fired a lot