Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Dacap posted:

More Dogpostin'

Adopting this boy and he's coming home later this month. Any ideas on names? Wife and I are avoiding fandom-y names in general so not aiming for wrestler names.

We think he's some kind of Chiweenie mix

I think Oslo, my wife thinks Peanut or Theodore aka Teddy

He's a cute baby boy! Let us know what you decide

I was gonna post a pic of my dog Opal but I can't figure out how Imgur works on mobile :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

The Stroker Ace posted:

Ah, it’s that simple, thanks!

Here’s my parents’ little guy that I was talking about. He’s perfect, he likes to watch TV.

So cute!

Here's the aforementioned Opal waiting for me to throw her ball (thanks Dacap for the help!)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Where are my Diablo heads at? I was planning on starting with my beloved Necromancer but Druid is looking pretty fun.

I'm a weird trophy pervert so I'm probably going to do a hardcore Barbarian to get the "Reach level 50 on a hardcore character" trophy out of the way. I don't like playing hardcore but Barbarian seems the best for that.

Then I'm going to start a softcore Sorcerer and that'll be the one I get to level 100 on. Loved sorc in D2 and wizard in D3.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I'm also curious

I'm enjoying Diablo 4 pretty well, smashing things with Hammer of the Ancients Barbarian. I wish there was an option to completely forego the story, though.

My wife and I started building a large Lego castle and that's been fun.

Hope everyone has/is having a nice weekend :)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Ross County. Who play Partick Thistle in the relegation play-off 2nd leg tomorrow after losing the first leg 2-0

There's still a chance

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

You were right, there was. Won on penalties. Absolutely grim to sit through that, County were losing 3-0 on aggregate until the last 20 minutes, then scored 3. Also had a player sent off & then VAR over-turned the decision. Mental comeback.

Should still sack the racist manager

Congrats on staying up! I'm gonna follow this team now. Hope they sack the manager.

I'm in a very boring work meeting right now and I haven't had nearly enough caffeine.

My boss from my last job (from which the owner fired me in January) reached out. It was nice to hear from him. I knew it wasn't his call to let me go but I was still pretty peeved for a while.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

As a kid I liked Adventures of the Gummi Bears enough to nickname a forest near my house the Gummi Bear Forest. But I have zero memories of actually watching the show. Funny how that works.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Overheard a kid ask his dad if it would be okay to "unbox" a toy in the car when they were coming out of the store. Back in my day we just asked if we could open stuff.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I was a Capri Sun kinda guy. Strawberry kiwi or bust

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Heart goes out to you and yours, NienNunb

I'd always been a cat guy but my wife and I got a dog in 2021 and I love her. Why oh why do we love what we can lose

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Wife and I tried to go to an outdoor concert last night and it was a total disaster. They moved the set times up two hours with very little notice so we had to rush to get there. By the time they did they were out of accessibility seating for my wife so we had to roam around trying to find somewhere acceptable. Thirty minutes after the headliners were supposed to take the stage security told us all to leave cause of a storm. So we left, assuming the show was cancelled or postponed, and headed home. While on the road they announced the show was gonna go on after all but it was too late for us to try to go back and find parking again and all that.

Really angry about it cause my wife had really been looking forward to it. We don't go out to a lot of things and this was already a stretch being an outdoor event in the heat and then to get jerked around by the folks running the event like we did really sucked. And since the main act went on anyway I don't think we'll get even a partial refund or anything.

Rest of the weekend was basically fine though. Hope y'all had a good weekend :)

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Nah it was boygenius in Atlanta. They had problems in New Orleans Saturday and the show in Dallas is cancelled. Would love to see The Cure tho

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I just became CPR certified ya boy's ready to save a life :cool:

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

gently caress, I sat down too fast in my chair and reared it back and then brought one of the legs fully down on my big toe. Toenail is still attached at the sides but was pulled fully from the bed and bled a lot. Gonna have to go get it looked at.

Who knew working from home could be so dangerous?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Doc diagnosed me with a mashed pota-toe

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Did you catch a sword blade someone was swinging at you? drat

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Skittles are good but they're chewy in a way where if I eat a bunch of them I get a crazy headache

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

There are great coasters at Cedar Point if that's where you're going. I only rode Blue Streak and it was too much for me. Love coasters, hate riding them. The loser's curse

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

The submarine guys are almost definitely dead now, for those playing along at home

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

The Bear season 2 is really good. Jeremy Allen White is gonna be awesome in that Von Erich movie

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

The nail of my big toe that I crushed is hanging on by a thread. Luckily it doesn't hurt but it looks really gross and my dog always wants to smell it. She's a freak.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Inland Empire is the scariest movie I've ever seen. I've never rewatched it though maybe it doesn't hold up but god drat it was horrifying the first time

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I like my job :)

My coworkers the other day were aghast when I said I ain't got no grand ambitions and am more than happy to stay at the same place forever. I'm no ladder climber. If the bills are paid and I'm comfortable, why try harder? Shout-outs to the folks who wanna grind but that's not for me.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

i turned down a job offer earlier in the year because it would have been a tiny pay cut but it would have been my ideal job (basically mentor to all the company’s junior software engineers) and i regret it so much lol

drat that sucks. I was nervous about my current job because it was a pay cut compared to my last gig. But it's work from home three days a week and a whole lot more secure than my last one. Hope things get better for you, but hitting the bricks is always an option.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cavauro posted:

what are some of your shoes that you really like? i'd like to copy some comfortable shoes that can handle being mostly anywhere. not a jungle or river

I got some black allbirds to wear at work since they're not super sneakery looking and they're nice. They have this ReRun program where you can get slightly used pairs for cheapish. I don't like spending buckets on shoes

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cookout fuckin sucks their burgers are tiny and overcooked and their shakes'll send you into a diabetic coma

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Never been much of a fan of tomatoes. Just don't like em. Gotta have a lot of salt and pepper to make em palatable. To me. Very happy for you if you like tomatoes. But I can't get into them.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

This morning I replaced a faulty ignition coil in my wife's car and saved a bird from a neighborhood cat. Big day for me. Feeling powerful.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Never seen Jaws I'd probably like it but I don't really watch a lot of movies

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Hard for me to trust people who don't like pickles

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Didn't mean to imply you didn't like pickles Cav, just remarking on the phenomenon . Thank you for your bodily sacrifice to one of the greatest pickled foods of all time.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Yeah either from under the front of the car or from the wheel well itself

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I never played a Sega console except my cousin's Game Gear so these are just PlayStation games:

Ape Escape
Spyro the Dragon
Resident Evil 2
Castlevania Symphony of the Night

That's about it.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

They're adorable Shard

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Just noticed a bunch of moisture in the guest room closet and I think maybe a pipe burst in the wall? Checkd it out in the basement and when I run the shower there's like a torrential downpour down there. Fine when I run the bath

What the gently caress. I hope I didn't gently caress something up putting a new shower head on. My landlord will probably try to say it's my fault or something. gently caress

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think you’d have to have massively hosed something up if changing a shower head caused that problem. A pipe in the basement doesn’t feel related.

But, does your landlord know you changed the shower head? Do you still have the old one? Put it back on and then complain!

This is what we ended up doing haha. Haven't heard back yet. I think the pipe broke in the wall behind the shower head cause it was running all down through there and made a mess of the drywall.

Now I know why the shower seemed to have a drop in water pressure ...

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Y'all are trying too hard

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Lmao

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Y’all remember Biker Mice From Mars?

I don’t

Yeah I had some of the action figures they ruled.

I also liked Street Sharks and the other one where there were cats that flew planes, one of them was named T-Bone

Swat Kats. Yeah. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

That DICK! posted:

You do what you want. I’m enjoying the moment. Page 1000 don’t come around often

Never will again

Soak it in folks