Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

im in the muddle ofna halloween xoom work party and theyre doing slow sad songs for karaoke and i need to let out my bottled up cringe

sounds truly awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Critical posted:

lol i was exposed to covid at the office on monday lmao

cant even get tested until tomorrow since I'm asymptomatic

hr pulled me into an office so I thought they were shitcanning me. went from NOOO to ok whew to NOOOOOOOOOOOOO within the space of three seconds

drat i lold but also that sucks, hope you are ok

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CobiWann posted:

Should I play the first two Metro games or dive right into Metro Exodus?

Exodus

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seams posted:

Deadwood rules and I still haven’t watched the movie cause I’m afraid I won’t like it

Jerusalem posted:

A guilty and shameful :same:

watch it it's great

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just saw this on the archive site of our national broadcaster, thought it was funny, there's a nice little clip as well.

Wrestling Giant Haystacks 1978

quote:

The wrestling villain fans love to hate Giant Haystacks packs out the Lakeland Forum in Enniskillen.

A record crowd of two thousand came to the Lakeland Forum in Enniskillen to see Martin Ruane the English wrestler with parents from Mayo known as Giant Haystacks. Irish Lightweight Champion Jack Flash Shirlow took on Giant Haystacks in a contest that even the referee got caught up in.

At nearly seven feet tall and weighing thirty two stone, it is no wonder that Giant Haystacks reportedly eats six eggs, half a pound of bacon, a loaf of bread and two pints of milk for breakfast.

The scheduled eight round contest was stopped by the referee after three rounds because of a bleeding head wound to Shirlow.

An RTÉ News report broadcast on 15 November 1978. The reporter is Brendan O’Brien.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2018/1113/1010659-giant-haystacks-in-enniskillen/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CobiWann posted:

A couple of nutso parents in a nearby school district are holding a "book burning bonfire" outside the next school board meeting. They're encouraging parents to have their kids check "unwelcome" books out of the school and public libraries so they can burn them.

I'm debating showing up with the entire nine-book run of Left Behind and a ruined hardcover third-hand novel with a fake cover - "THE HOLLY BIBLY."

The only thing stopping me is feeling that burning any kind of book is wrong. That and wondering what the Big Guy will say when I end up before Him.

Turn up with a firehose

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

my mam left me and my cousin outside the police station when we were about five or six because we used to sneak down early and eat chocolate or something. we both cried loads and it taught me never to trust police or adults which was a good lesson.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

your mam left you in a big pool of water in outer space probly

wish she’d left you there also

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

what game we play in outer space. i want it to be co-op. i don't like versing

thought you meant versing like singing a song and was disappointed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

My son keeps having seizures. About once a week. I feel real bad for the guy. No help from doctors yet. Apparently his brain is normal according to MRI and EEG. From what I've read there could be medicine out there to help but we've been given none yet.

Ask your doc if they can try him on Epilim Chrono.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

Half-Life Alyx p. darn good as well imho

It’s incredible.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

why is it called penis

Do you want to join the Pen15 club

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’m going to see The Matrix in a theater for the first time next week.

It’s great in a cinema. Holds up really well

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

got my Covid booster…. in bits. Send help. Haven’t even watched HOOK yet cos I don’t have the energy to go to the couch. Tragic

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

Its much longer than that. The dinner scene alone is over 5 and a half minutes

lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what bread you make cav

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it was good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Do you think American Gods is too much for a 12 year old?

Yes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

coconono posted:

Allan Moore is a grumpy weirdo with weird ideas about sex

does he post here

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Popeye is a great movie

i visited the set in Malta in 2019, it’s cool as gently caress, they just built this entire village on the side of a cliff and instead of using flats or a sound stage they built interiors as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

Two days till Xmas break.

I’m gonna make it but these fuckers broke me and I’m throwing in the towel. Not teaching after this school year, and if mask mandates go away I’m gone that day.

Bluedeanie posted:

My gf and everyone else at her school is about there too. I am so sorry for teachers right now and appreciate you for trying to make a difference for kids in these ugly times and dont blame you one bit for being done. I hope your next venture is infinitely less stressful and pays much better.

my gf works in schools here and the teachers have to wear masks but the kids have only started wearing masks like a week ago lmao

she was subbing in a school for a month because all the teachers got covid and there was a day where she said every teacher in the school was a sub

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

I’m gonna play either Halo, Into The Breach, Fire Emblem, and REVIII over the break, and maybe a flex option.

halo and Resi 8 are both great, finished them both in the last few days

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

Watching Black Widow.

Man this movie is real crap.

I watched it with a big group of people of all ages and every one of them hated it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

El Generico posted:

I've been thinking about it for a while and it's probably the worst Marvel movie.

It’s really bad. Stinks of contractual obligation.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Critical posted:

I just got a glowing review at work, specifically because I look for things to do when caught up and my supervisor "doesn't have to worry about you kicking your feet up for most of the day when daily tasks are done"

the former is true, lmao at the latter cause that's what I've been doing most of the time when I'm wfh. I just work so quickly that I can pretend I'm stretching poo poo out.

I have played an ungodly amount of PS4 and Xbox during work hours since WFH, and everything still gets done on time. makes u think

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

graph posted:

i recommend taking a nap every day during wfh work hours, especially during lunch hours

I have also taken a massive amount of naps.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mid/late 2020 was insane, I’d sleep for 3 hours in the middle of the day and do more work when I woke up. I think I was more depressed than anything

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Don’t Look Up sucks, Adam McKay is a hack.

always has been. The big short is one of the worst pieces of poo poo I’ve ever seen in a cinema

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

i saw that boba fett is fat and thought "well they had to explain how he got outta da sarlacc somehow" and now im picturing him photoshopped into the sarlacc saying "stuck :(" like the samoa joe meme.

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m stuck at home because I’m a close contact and can’t hang out with anyone :greenangel: so I’m in my room watching wrestling

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Im massively depressed over it. 2nd New Years in a row I’ve been at home poo poo sucks!!!!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

It’s NYE post your worst, funniest drinking experience.

I once drank 11 shots of SoCo in under an hour while playing Kings and vomited all over myself at a Christmas Eve party.

Not quite on NYE but pretty close to. the second last time I ever drank , on the night of my 27th(?) birthday, I’d been out drinking heavy the night before and went to karaoke the next day, did lots of drinking. Got lost from my friends and left the club.. tried to order a taxi from the club to my house but sent it to my house first and couldn’t understand the taxi driver on the phone I was so drunk so I walked an hour home, kept falling into bushes and calling my GF at 4am. Got home,clothes were soaked, puked all over my tv, pretty sure I pissed on the floor (not 100% on this) and then called my gf again, leaving a voicemail that sounded like a caveman. Woke up the next day with the worst hangover ever and went to my parents for a birthday meal. Couldn’t keep anything down, puked it all out minutes later. I had one glass of wine a week later at dinner and haven’t drank since., been about 3 years.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

just want everyone to know i was able to watch 365 movies this year barely

how the gently caress.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

not the drat dippin dots

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MotU posted:

i ended up crawling home from the bar (about half a mile) as my pants were basically shredded on the front half and a solid 30% of my mattress was covered in vomit

crying laughing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

my worst drinking experience was when i drank a ton of 40s in college and ended up throwing up so much that i burned my vocal cords and had donald ducks voice for three weeks. even the most sympathetic friends were laughing at me. "is this what my voice sounds like doc" i quacked at the doctor and he laughed and said no.

my worst NYE experience was doing acid & shrooms & going to a butthole surfers concert with my friend in NYC and i lost sight of him immediately and throughout the entire show on a projector behind the band was a 30-second clip on loop of horrible horror movie kills, a woman's head being split by an axe, that one guy's head exploding etc. 3 hours this poo poo! alone! didn't even care for butthole surfers, really! and then we missed our train back it was the last train oh lord.what a ordeal.

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

we got told we’ll be WFH til at least May, which is gonna be 2+ years . Wild

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was in America like ten or fifteen years ago and I loving gorged myself on Denny’s hash browns every chance I got , gently caress me I could eat that stuff for days. Probably absolute poo poo but it tasted so good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they’re called yea ok not yea i died of covid, it’s all gonna be g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

horizon forbidden west. is that kanye's latest child? just kidding.

lol