Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hi drew nice thread voting it a solid 5. Have a good one bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah, New Japan, new music releases, and an occasional video game are all the media I really get excited for anymore. My wife and I went to see Endgame mostly out of obligation and we both just wanted it to end so we could go for Indian food.

I don't know if it's ageing, depression, or being so busy that I don't have time to care, but it's a notable change from when I was younger.

most media sucks, too much non artist melding. Music is pure and perfect though, i am going through my playlists and seeing what i really liked this year and its looking good!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Cats was so much.

im going to see it this week im pumped

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Anyone else doing much cooking for the holidays? I'm hosting this year instead of my parents so I'm excited to prepare food with flavours other than salt and pepper.

So far I've prepared eggnog ice cream, vinarterta, and roasted carrot dip, today I'm putting together a yule log, some potato buns, and cheddar crackers, and preparing a veggie loaf, and tomorrow I'll finish everything up and add some harissa gruyere potatoes gratin. My sister in law is doing meats and a few sides. Flavours!

Oh yeah and I'll probably make some meringues to use up the egg whites left from the ice cream.

my family is having a potluck. im gonna bring some brussell sprouts and broccoli all roasted up and some glazed carrots. Im realazing im outta harissa and now will have to adjust my carrots.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Does anyone here read? I work with books and they are the 3rd love of my life! Im 90 percent through the north west is our mother and its always nice to have a new book with new primary sources. Its also really good and exhaustive.
Finished mysterious affair at olivetti before the holidy swing. More a bio on the Italian typewriter family, the cia links were pretty bunk and not well explored. Think i might start to read a history of vegetarianism when im done.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

MitHC is the invention of alt-history as a genre. His best is Ubik followed by Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep (the basis for Blade Runner)

i gave my friend Ubik as her first and she loved it. Im slowly trying to read N.K Jemisin's short story book but i get side tracked by non fiction very easily.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NienNunb posted:

2. My Year Of Rest And Relaxation, a novel

i liked the back cover for this, i will try and pick it up thank you

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

like mike portnoy?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hello all have a good day I can't risk WK spoilers during work so I cant post with you my friends until I watch night 2. Plesent days for all hopefully.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Cavauro posted:

is there any chance of getting people to knock it off hurting my feelings in the various threads? i want to make it exceptionally clear that i understand the difference between protecting my personal feelings and eradicating the hate speech that was recently shut down; this request is in no way an attempt to relate to what's been going on around here recently to my own issues which are not approaching the seriousness and importance of those matters, and i applaud the latest step taken given that everything previous was not enough. I simply want people to not be able to make fun of me or say anything that makes my face become warm out of embarrassment, shame, or sadness. Additionally i often feel like i have to exit the browser and wait a while whenever i make a mistake of some kind and it gets pointed out by someone else. I don't want that to happen any more. there currently is not an appropriate place To post my request other than the thread for 'general' talking. Thank you

i hope you are ok friend

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

me too man this thread killed me https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909802 i dont think ill be her much any more

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

that sucks buddy dont do that to yourself i think you are very cool

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

TTBF posted:

Yes, although I'm new to it and for the most part I've let The Algorithim discover new jazz for me. The end result is a playlist that's 50% bebop, 30% Japanese jazz fusion, and the remainder one off jazz albums from around the globe. My fav of all of that is Charlie Mingus but Yuji Ohno is a close second. Ohno mostly works with soundtracks but even for throw away TV movies that dude fully commits.

Macavity going from clothed to nude makes you realize that all this other time everyone else has been nude, and as a result it dawns on the viewer that the cats have been naked the entire time. So that.

soundtracks have the best jazz and soul. I love Jazz! The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady is my favorite classic jazz album. Ive been listening to much new jazz and lots of cool stuff is coming out of the uk scene. The comet is comming, sons of khemet, Mark de Clive-Lowe.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NienNunb posted:

In 2020 I'm gonna write more and generally put more energy into creative endeavors. I wanna write more dumb short stories for my friends to laugh at like the Frasier/Sonic The Hedgehog fanfic I wrote years ago and not let my depression tell me I shouldn't bother.

do not let your depression run your life you are cool person and your storys rule please make more. I have a copy of My year of rest and relaxation, it makes me sleepy she just talks about sleeping!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Cavauro posted:

cool, you're getting closer to wanting to smack the 27yo kids who cry about getting old

this is very true

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Branded to Kill and Tokyo Drifter are two of my favorites and this SUCKS

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Hey sorry to bother everyone but can someone point me in the direction of the pro shop?

Get out of here monster hesh back to pod 7 with the losers!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

good morning

good morning

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

goodnight everyone

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU