Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, making a shithead containment forum has worked out pretty well we should definitely do that on a small scale

PSYCHE!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got the bug where a companion will randomly permanently die in your ship. Thankfully I had a save only a few minute before it happened so I was able to recover.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The money isn't the issue, it's my brain. That said I'm a mess about something else. Now if I'm gonna get a custom build of the model I want, because of the Intel processor shortage, I could apparently be waiting until MARCH. I think there's a prepared one ready to ship with all the specs I want, but there's just something about the idea of getting a machine built for me that just feels so much better. But the security death of W7 is January 14, and it was one thing when I thought I might be waiting an extra couple weeks, but a month+ has me concerned. How much fire would I be playing with waiting it out?

Like, real talk, unless you're doing particularly risky stuff or are a specific target, probably not a *lot* but yeah get out of W7 ASAP. W10 is free. Just upgrade.

EDIT: I had my day ruined by this, so I'm spreading the wealth.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 19, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I liked Star Wars but didn't love it and I can definitely understand not liking it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Captain Magic posted:

My feeling is that if your previous relationship made you feel that breaking up with her was the thing to do then probably the right decision is to sever. Not enough time has passed for either of you to have made great strides in personality where you’re suddenly formatively different people, even if you’ve both been going to therapy nonstop. Getting back together is just asking to recycle the same issues you already decided you’d had enough of.

Sever; therapy; self-help books. Good therapists usually recommend good books to read also.

This, yeah. You broke up for at least one reason, and likely more than that. It’s highly unlikely those reasons have changed in less than a year, and very possibly never will. It’s reasonable to feel for whatever her situation is, but at the end of the day, it’s really best that you stay away from her for both of your sakes. :sever: isn’t just a silly emoticon

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

Did you ever play the three shadowrun games of this decade. they are alright. Do you have a switch or 3ds. Fire Emblems. Phoenix Point exists now, but I have not played it. It's XCOM

this post looks horrible. Here are some question marks to be distributed ? ?? ?

I am claiming the second question mark for later use, please edit it out of your post thanks

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Massive Chalice is a fantasy XCOM kinda thing if that's your bag

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cats is bad because the most important and memorable part of Cats the musical is when the cats come into the audience. What they should have done was made individualized mini-movies for every potential viewer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

The Newspaper Spider-Man thread is a wholesome bastion of joy and incredulity over our wonderful, stupid hero Kota IbushiPeter Parker.

My one and only successful forums thread.

But yes, there are many BSS posters who only ever seem to post about things they don't like.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm half surprised CSPAM hasn't tried starting a posters' union.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WatermelonGun posted:

why do people use the same internet name everywhere? is it some hosed up form of branding? like my name on grindr is definitely not watermelongun

Mine is Drew McIntyre everywhere but here, so if you see anything on the internet by Drew McIntyre, that is me, Drew McIntyre.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i very rarely trek outside of this particular subforum but holy cow how long has the rest of SA been on fire for
Over a month at this point

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I, for one, am very shocked that the Nazi containment forum turned out to be full of Nazis!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Captain Magic posted:

If you’re struggling with cholesterol and weight I heartily recommend The Obesity Code by Fung. I’ve lost fifteen pounds since September and kept it off.

It’s about insulin. Insulin makes you gain weight! Science y’all. So it talks about what raises insulin levels, insulin resistance (which directly contributes to the ability of our bodies to “set” a body weight, like you would set a thermometer), and how to lower insulin levels and insulin resistance.

It recommends fasting regularly, cutting out all added sugars, moderating protein intake, and eating diets high in healthy fats.

This is keto. Which I am not saying is a bad thing, since I've been on it for most of the past six months (I said "gently caress it" for my Christmas vacation and Thanksgiving weekend) and am down over 70 lbs., my blood pressure has dropped to normal, and my cholesterol couldn't be better. I have no intention of changing how I eat in the future, since this works and I'm happy eating like this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You're not a piece of poo poo for wanting to get paid for your work, even if it's advocacy or activism. I'm sure you'd do it for free all the time if that was a legitimate option, but unfortunately in this capitalist hellscape, you gotta get paid to live, and you shouldn't beat yourself up for that! Volunteering at all puts you way ahead of a ton of people. You're a great person!

Separate topic: I saw 1917 yesterday in a real IMAX and that's an amazing, fantastic, horrifying movie that needs to be seen in a theater if possible, and I'll likely never, ever watch it again.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

illcendiary posted:

Has anyone seen Yojimbo? I have never seen a Kurosawa film before and my local theater is running it soon, was thinking of catching it.

Go see it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drew McIntyre posted:

my girlfriend makes fun of me for pronouncing Mario like "marry-o" instead of "mar-ee-o" but i'm from a place where people are actually named Mario and nobody calls them mar-ee-o

Mario 3 is the best Mario game, because it was the first one where everyone felt right and made sense.

He says "Mar-ee-o" and it's disrespectful to knowingly mispronounce his name.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

3D World is really fun, yeah.

Posting on Drew's 69.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

Looking back at Season 1 of Discovery, that I've just finished.

Storyline-wise, its an alternate universe, I don't care who says its Kelvin canon. They show the Enterprise and the design is very different than TOS Enterprise. That said, its a its a straight forward story about an idealistic organization vs reality. Its a lot more honest than other Trek shows about the general vile nature of organizations.
The first season keeps it vague which timeline it's in, but the second sets it firmly in the Prime timeline. Pointing at superficial design changes isn't really the best proof of either, since they certainly were never going to keep a 50+ year old ship design made for SD film beyond its basic shape.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rakuten is giving 22.5% back from NordVPN, too, so it might be worth signing up for that. I *think* it stacks (and worst case, you don't get the rebate).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spatchcock and brine bitch

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I tried the VPN to Fite thing for the last PPV, and it was just not worth it. It kept disconnecting and being generally lovely. I'm just paying the full cost from now on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The Fite app killed my modem over and over so it might not have been the VPN. Fite works fine for me in a browser but I don't bother with the app anymore.

I have no trouble with the app for GCW shows, but using it over VPN didn't work at all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mi xao is my favorite noodle dish since my first time having it was in the middle of an 8 hour hike through the mountains of north Vietnam.

Pho xao is also good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not much. What's everyone's favorite ice cream with you?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I haven't been summoned since like 2001 or something which I just responded with saying I was away at college and wouldn't be able to make it. Somehow I haven't been called since moving into DC, where I know people who get called every other year like clockwork.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Junpei Hyde posted:

my cat's getting put down on thursday

drat, sorry friend.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

i'm A idiot

It's okay Cavauro I still like you

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Junpei Hyde posted:

My cat's gone now

Sorry to hear. I know it sucks :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

King of the Hill, Scrubs, It's Always Sunny

Freaks and Geeks is like 45% comedy, 55% drama and my favorite of all time probably

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Michael Schur shows are all up there. The Good Place is a masterpiece and I need to give it a watch through now that it's done.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

going to whoop your dad. sorry

btw how does Party Down hold up? I haven't seen it since the original airing

It's good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have a PSVR. It sucks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

psp port has a slowdown fix you can apply and is not just a straight port but the definitive edition of the game. I know this because i'm a master of fft, having played it once in 1999 and dying in some of the first battles and not playing it any longer after that, as i've told you before here in my biography thread.

This is actually D-Mac's biography thread. You're just part of his story.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My partner and I watched Dark Phoenix last night just to see if it was as terrible as we expected. Most of it was her yelling at the screen for all the redheads being fake (she is a redhead) and for the one natural redhead playing a blonde. Also she was angry that it didn't follow the comic or even stick with continuity from previous movies. I don't think she saw whichever one it was that retconned out most of the previous ones.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yea ok posted:

rip paul driver

:rip:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:rip: J-Ru I guess

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

Bad
The Sinister Signpost
Black Panther
The Witchmaster's Key
What Happened at Midnight
The Missing Chums
Doctor Strange
The Secret of Wildcat Swamp
The Shore Road Mystery
The Secret of Skull Mountain
Thor: Ragnarok
The Clue of the Broken Blade
Avengers: Infinity War
The Secret Agent on Flight 101
The Mystery of the Chinese Junk
The Short-Wave Mystery
The Wailing Siren Mystery

Very Bad
Guardians of the Galaxy
Footprints Under the Window
Iron Man 2
The Crisscross Shadow
The Phantom Freighter
A Figure in Hiding
Iron Man 3
The Ghost at Skeleton Rock
The Tower Treasure
The Sign of the Crooked Arrow
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Secret Warning
Captain America: Civil War
The Mysterious Caravan
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
The Flickering Torch Mystery
Spider-Man: Homecoming
The Mystery of the Spiral Bridge
Spider-Man: Far From Home
The Melted Coins
The House on the Cliff
Captain Marvel
The Shattered Helmet
The Yellow Feather Mystery
While the Clock Ticked

Unconsumable
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man
The Secret of the Old Mill
The Incredible Hulk
The Haunted Fort
Mystery of the Whale Tattoo
The Avengers
The Secret Panel
Mystery of the Desert Giant
Ant-Man
The Viking Symbol Mystery
The Secret of the Lost Tunnel
The Clue of the Hissing Serpent
The Secret of the Caves
Avengers: Endgame
The Masked Monkey
The Twisted Claw

WWE!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=130343
The Sting of the Scorpion
The Mystery at Devil's Paw
Thor
The Hidden Harbor Mystery
Thor: The Dark World
The Mystery of Cabin Island
The Jungle Pyramid
Danger on Vampire Trail
The Mystery of the Aztec Warrior
Avengers: Age of Ultron
The Clue of the Screeching Owl
The Mark on the Door
The Disappearing Floor
The Arctic Patrol Mystery
The Great Airport Mystery
The Clue in the Embers
The Hooded Hawk Mystery
Ant-Man and the Wasp
The Firebird Rocket
Hunting for Hidden Gold
The Bombay Boomerang
The Mystery of the Flying Express
Fixed 4 u

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

for a place called Family Video, it had an EXTENSIVE adult section.
Families have adults in them yeah.

They let Cloud say "poo poo" on Final Fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Seth Rollins posted:

i think it would be cool if there was an easter egg in Animal Crossing where if you released a black bass into the pond it would permanently destroy the ecology of the pond.

There's already too god damned many Easter eggs in animal crossing