Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CobiWann posted:

Oh, you made a new thread? Hmm. I don't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVDk_PXutK0&t=8s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

this is not a subforum to have fun or be funny in

But I'm having fun and am quite funny.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

hmm that doesn’t add up at all. my hypothesis is falling apart.

Have you considered the possibility...that you too are having fun and quite funny? :glomp:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

*grabs a microphone and walks onto the stage* so last night my wife was telling me---

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Undertale 1000% no competition for me and my family.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I want to put up Mass Effect 2 and 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition for being super important to me that I will defend until I'm dead.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Also while I listed Undertale, Mass Effect 2/3 and Dragon Age Inquisition as being really important to me - Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time. It's amazing high quality for so much quantity is something that shouldn't happen. That's not how it works you know? I can only hope they can do it again with Cyberpunk.

Geralt's reunion with Ciri might be my favorite cutscene of all time too.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

Even ME1? That game is a slog and a half to get through.

I've never had any issues with it but I can totally see why it would be that for others. These games are BEGGING for a good remaster. Also I learned a lot about modding games thanks to all those BIOWARE games lol. Just installed a new mods to Mass Effect 3 this past week.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just got this working and welp, my night is set.

https://www.reshdp.com/re2/

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What are some of your favorite promos from non wrestling media?

This one is up there for me from Doctor Who: The man who stops the monsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll_UhrQMC-I&t=112s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Way of the Samurai is so awesome and weird. I have replayed those games so often. They are just so unapologetically japanese.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

loving weird that The Onion is just straight up doing legitimate and genuine news stories about factual events now.

*Reads that 91% of the Witcher 3 isn't considered complete* Doesn't look like anything to me.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I can't speak to your situation and I don't have magic words that will change your feelings I wish I could. I wish nothing more than I could make anyone here who's having a bad day better. All I can speak on is my attitude towards money.

Most times I'm pretty frugal with treat your selves moments every once in a while. But when it comes to stuff that I need like house repair, or items I use often such as beds, televisions or computers I say that you can't take it with you. If buying it won't put me in the hole and I can recover from it, why not? It's an investment. And one day I'll be dead and all my stuff will decay with me and the earth will die and the sun will explode. So you know what, for these scant few years I have in this cosmos - gently caress yeah I'm going to buy stuff. All we have is feelings - and it's not bad to enjoy enjoyment.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That's awesome! Let them know, it could encourage that behavior.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gonna go see it on Sunday. I have low expectations so hopefully that will help!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll spend my money however I want! And I wanna see a dumb blockbuster with my best friend on a Sunday night. I but the tickets and he buys the food.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have a feeling I'll like it because I'm easily pleased. As long as it doesn't feel as artificial as the prequel movies. Apparently that's my line. And you know what I'll give the prequels this - they had a lot of cool material to work with as evident from the shows. Much more enjoyable than the movies.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

gently caress Cancer.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Today's friendly reminder: gently caress NAZIS

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joey McChrist posted:

gently caress nazis and gently caress cancer and gently caress the billionaires happy holidays

MERRY CHRISTMAS ---HOLY poo poo---where's the tylenol.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I was looking at a decade in review photo gallery the other day and did anything good happen in the past 10 years? What a global trash fire we're living in.

My 2 kids were born and I came out.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've been speed scrolling this thread for the past day because I can't go see it till tomorrow lol.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I saw Star Wars. I enjoyed it. But it's real dumb lol. But I love the actors hanging out together. You can't convince me that Rey, Finn and Poe aren't in a bi poly relationship living their best life at the end.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've slept on it. It was a dumb movie held up by nostolgia and the wonderful interactions with the main cast. I love them. More than any of the characters in any of the other Star Wars movies. But good lord that movie doesn't make much sense. I def enjoyed The Last Jedi more and I've seen some of the same critics who tore it apart defend this movie with "can't we come together and just enjoy this movie without worrying about all the parts that don't make sense?"

My biggest gripe: How does she have Anakin's lightsaber back? Didn't it get ripped in half?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I thought the two she had at the end were Luke’s and Leia’s. Now that I think about it I don’t remember when she would have gotten Luke’s though.

In Empire Luke lost his father's lightsaber. In Return of the Jedi he had made a new one that was Green.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Still miss him

https://twitter.com/pws_official/status/1210157814737440768

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ok the more I think about it the more I hate the plot points of Rise of Skywalker. I hate how much it hates TLJ and how much it's telling me how much I should hate it and wasn't it dumb though? Yeah there were a lot of bad parts but at least it didn't invalidate like 9 other movies rear end in a top hat.

Also I have to mesh these negative feelings with some really positive ones I have for the characters and actors. I love the actors and characters probably more than any others in the series. gently caress this cursed saga.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Spiderdrake posted:

Personally I didn't notice that. What makes you say that in specific? I have largely mixed feelings about TLJ so maybe my lack of affection for it means I don't really notice. I did feel Rose was underused in this movie, but most of the cast felt underused.

To me the movie just seemed to poo poo on everything Star Wars, everything epic or cool, it just took a dump on. Even Sith Lightning looked loving stupid and ineffectual in the end. It felt a lot like watching Alien Covenant to me.

Also yeah I totally loved the cast, the casting was great and I liked their characters. I'm sad to see them gone and how much of their arcs were never really resolved. That element, among others, reminds me a lot of playing 90s JRPGs.

Blast Fantasto posted:

The movie is literally filled with unnecessary digs at TLJ

- Luke catching the lightsaber and saying you should never throw it
- “We should do the Holdo maneuver.” “No that would never work!”
- “Hey Rose, do you want to come on our adventure?” “No that’s okay, General Leia needs me to stand near this computer.”

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I picked up Fallen Order because I wanted some good Star Wars content and I've only played the tutorial level and I already enjoy it more than ROS. But I wish it starred either Rey or Finn instead since they are so likable. God all the pieces are there for this cursed franchise but they just won't put them in the right order.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm on episode 3 of Witcher and I'm loving this show. Henry Cavill is great. And it's great they used practical effects for the Striga.

I remember getting the original version of The Witcher on PC, the really jank one before the enhanced edition and just fell in love with that dirty poo poo world filled with horrible and wonderful people.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I like the ciri in the game way more than the show. I'm more interested in the Warrior woman archetype then the scared waif running away from Destiny or towards Destiny or whatever. Ciri should be giving geralt poo poo and not laughing all of his stupid dad jokes while being a hundred times more badass than he is. My favorite thing about The Witcher 3 as hell you are not the main character of a story.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bradzilla posted:

If Jedi Fallen Order worth $45?

I picked it up and I'm loving it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ok so maybe I just finished season 1 of The Witcher and now I want to play Witcher 3 what of it? WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME?!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER, O'VALLEY OF PLENTY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0XgPwiY6X4

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Some trash is good because it treats the matter respectfully and earnestly like most Godzilla movies. Love em

Other trash is bad because it doesn't even care enough about its own continuity for you to be able to follow along for the ride like Rise of Skywalker.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just finished manalorian. Between that and fallen order it's good to know there is still some star wars I can enjoy. Now that I'm done that and the witcher I just gotta finish watchmen.

TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/miracleofsound/status/1211635793212645377

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

I recommend Into the Breach, Slay the Spire, Breath of the Wild, and Steamworld Heist as Super Quality AAA+++ games on the switch.

Untitled Goose Game, Katamari Demaci Reroll

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

sometimes its god, sometimes its your dad. sometimes your dad is god. that you have to kill. othertimes its your childhood innocence manifested as a god that you have to kill. And I think in at least two cases, you're god and you have to fight yourself. to the death.

its called final fantasy because you kill god.

At least one time I want to say its the physical manifestation of the concept of entropy that you fight to a draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Today's events have me super depressed. This world is hosed. And it feels like most of us are getting dragged to our deaths by these rich fucks