Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'm thinking of geting a Dream Machine too*, but I only just got DHCP failover between my PiHoles mostly working (and I'm literally never going off PiHole for my DNSes) so hearing this:

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I just got one and it’s nice but I’m on the verge of taking it off dhcp and dns duties

Re-enforces my belief that I didn't waste my time.

ROM HOWARD VOICE: He had wasted his time.

*: Maybe the Dream Machine Pro and an el cheapo AP AC LITE? Depends when it moves from EA to GA and what the reviews look like? :shrug:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i haven’t seen anything about a pro or a scrub adjective on the dream machine

The UDM Pro is similar to the UDM but it's rack-mount, it doesn't have wireless but it's got a 10GbE SFP+, 8 port switch rather than 4, same cloud key and routing poo poo, it also has a 'lil babby touchscreen :3:. It's currently in Early Access: https://ubntwiki.com/products/unifi/unifi_dream_machine_pro

I just figure I'll be most likely to want to upgrade wireless from AC at some point in the next few years so an all-in-one that includes wireless might be a bad route (also I could someday want 10GbE to a NAS or something, IDK)?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 24, 2019

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Bored Online posted:

in all of yospos this thread most closely aligns with my profession and it js also the thread i understand the least in

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

suffix posted:

ethernet bondage? you must be a twisted pair

:tviv:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Why did the packet wrangling thread turn into some sort of containerized microservice hell?

:ohdear:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

animist posted:

its because computers are make of broken glass and hatred and gradually destroy the brain of anybody working with them hth

I've been a computer all along?

:ohno:

This is some Blade Runner poo poo right here...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Wait, did McAfee actually die? I thought it was just a meme or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:owned: