Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

my managers all want us to use kubernetes but our software is 100% not designed for it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

abigserve posted:

Can you expand on why it isn't? All I ever hear is "valid" k8s use cases but even under the smallest scrutiny it sounds like a lot of care and feeding for it to work. Be good to hear a case where it's the other side of the coin.

It's a bunch of windows services and asp.net sites tied to a big ol' self-hosted sql server instance. Maybe you could host it in Windows containers, but I was under the impression that k8s is really a linux game.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

We're on Azure so we'd likely want to use AKS for hosting. Even for Microsoft, Windows Servers support is considered a "preview" technology.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Experience is important, and so is having people motivated to learning about k8s. In Windows shops you'll run into a lack of both.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

“let’s” is possessive, you want “lets”

nobody care’s

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i'm not scanning that goatse link. i know better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU